• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Kalren

I want to thank every one who contributed. I'm tempted to open the game when I receive it and play it, but I'm getting a PS2 for a nephew this christmas and he always comes over to play the demo disc (for the original game) all the time. I think I'll leave it wrapped. :D

Kalren said:
I want to thank every one who contributed. I'm tempted to open the game when I receive it and play it, but I'm getting a PS2 for a nephew this christmas and he always comes over to play the demo disc (for the original game) all the time. I think I'll leave it wrapped. :D
That's honorable of you

Supa

I can't believe I just got an email, that's so awesome and after only 1 photo too, although it was a really good one of course ;-) I'm getting the PS2 version, because I only have an Xbox 360.

Thanks to alien Aerin Sun dressing up as Cher I won! :D

6146_alienfromfarawaygalaxydressinguplikehumancher.jpg

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dice said:
It didn't say it runs through today, it said it ends today, meaning not after or upon completion of today but at the arrival of today.
In fairness, every other contest/promotion/etc. I've ever run across with an "ends on XX/XX/XX" date run up to and including that date. 'Twas a vague rule by them.

Andokuky

Banned
I got mine, only 3 photos too :D

I think I'll take mine up to Wal-Mart and trade it for PSU or FFXII or something though, I thought the first one was pretty average.

Is there something specific you have to do to trade in games at walmart without a receipt othat than saying you lost it? Do you have to say you got it as a gift?

Meier

Got my email yesterday -- thanks for the thread change! Original title threw me off so I didnt even bother to look. I had to ask for the PS2 version since I assumed the Xbox version wouldnt work on the 360. =(

demi

Verboten said:
Is there something specific you have to do to trade in games at walmart without a receipt othat than saying you lost it? Do you have to say you got it as a gift?

Yes, just say you got it as a birthday gift or some retarded excuse and say you don't have that console, or something. They'll bite. They'll give you a card with credit + tax for any wal-mart. You have to give them your ID so they put you on file (so they know you arent trading in a shit load of stuff)

Verboten said:

You really don't even need an excuse. Just go up to the counter and say, "Do you guys still take stuff back if you don't have receipt?"

They'll say, "We can give you store credit."

Sometimes, though, they know that you didn't buy the game at Walmart. I tried to trade in an Xbox Live Gold Premium pack and a stupid faceplate and they knew I didn't buy them from Walmart. I had to try two other ones before I found a Walmart willing to take them. I wasted that money on the shitty ass NHL 07, though, so I might as well have just kept the original crap.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
W00t.

For those still looking for their email, these are the subject and the from field. Check your spam folder.

Subject: ( <>,<> ) Congratulations! ( <>.<> )

Got mine too and i'm in PAL land !
My two pictures : Buzz Lightyear Lazer Blast attraction at Disneyland Paris and my friend who had a bomberman like head just after an impressing accident in snowboard (he had some bandage on half of his head :eek:
I've never played the first one. Seems fun... Can't wait !
Free stuff is so rare :D

demi said:
Yes, just say you got it as a birthday gift or some retarded excuse and say you don't have that console, or something. They'll bite. They'll give you a card with credit + tax for any wal-mart. You have to give them your ID so they put you on file (so they know you arent trading in a shit load of stuff)
MaverickX9 said:
You really don't even need an excuse. Just go up to the counter and say, "Do you guys still take stuff back if you don't have receipt?"

They'll say, "We can give you store credit."

Sometimes, though, they know that you didn't buy the game at Walmart. I tried to trade in an Xbox Live Gold Premium pack and a stupid faceplate and they knew I didn't buy them from Walmart. I had to try two other ones before I found a Walmart willing to take them. I wasted that money on the shitty ass NHL 07, though, so I might as well have just kept the original crap.
Coolies. I think I'll get Yakuza, Okami, or the regular version of FFXII to go along with the collector's edition because I'm stupid like that.
joe_pesci_01.jpg

BuG

One picture (that shitty Wookie costume that homo-for-Micheal Jordan-guy bought his wife for halloween) and I've got a PAL Xbox copy. :).

Christopher

Honestly, I sent in one pic and got it.

It was the Michael Jackson court case thing with his nose, I didn't think that would work but hey...

god I need to sleep.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
YES! EMAIL GET!

Thank you, GAF, thank you THQ, thank you one more time GAF!

I love you all =)

editohbtw: PAL as well !

edit2:

THQ:
How about Destroying All Competition and having your site honored on THQ.com for its achievements?

where is it?

hk47

Thanks a lot to those that helped make this the winning forum. Glad I chose to sign up for this site instead of that damn IGN. Still haven't received my copy either, I believe the e-mail said they were shipping them out last week so should be here this week I'd imagine.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They said last week they would ship but that seems way too unrealistic. When has a contest ever ship games 1 week after the contest...

I wouldn't expect to get the games for another few weeks

Isn't the point of sending out copies to forum members, to get them hyped up about the game and to get them telling others how cool it is, for the ulitmate goal of increasing sales?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i think my copy has arrived. i got a note in the mail box today saying there's a package at the post office for me to pickup.

Top Bottom