• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Beezy

Holy shit! Fedex just came and handed me two packages. I got 2 copies of DAH2 for free! :lol

I'm off to trade one in towards FFXII. Gamestop won't take it if it's still in the plastic, right?

demi

Beezy said:
Holy shit! Fedex just came and handed me two packages. I got 2 copies of DAH2 for free! :lol

I'm off to trade one in towards FFXII. Gamestop won't take it if it's still in the plastic, right?

Trade it into Best Buy I heard they accept sealed packages, and you can price match it with Circuit City for $37.99

Otherwise just hit up WalMart

Beezy said:

Did you use two e-mail accounts for the contest? Because I did. Hopefully I'll receive another copy. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Beezy said:

You son of a bitch

And why wouldn't they take it in plastic? I trade games in like that all the time.

Awesome. I just got it, but now I'm torn with it in front of me. Should I play it? Should I open it up and play it? Or should I take in some place and get something else. That's two budget games...

demi

Agh, I hope my copy comes today. Everyone seems to be getting it, USPS mail just delivered, FedEx should be soon.

Bebpo

Banned
Thespis721 said:
Awesome. I just got it, but now I'm torn with it in front of me. Should I play it? Should I open it up and play it? Or should I take in some place and get something else. That's two budget games...

You should play it.

If some gives you a free game, the least you can do is give it an honest try and if it's good spread the word. Sell it used after that if you don't like it.

Selling/Returning it sealed is just a big middle finger up to the people who just gave you a free game out of their kindness.

Beezy

demi said:
Trade it into Best Buy I heard they accept sealed packages, and you can price match it with Circuit City for $37.99

Otherwise just hit up WalMart

Does Bestbuy give money or store credit? I'm trading it in towards the collecters edition of FFXII.

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Did you use two e-mail accounts for the contest? Because I did. Hopefully I'll receive another copy. :)

No. I thought I sent the wrong information in the email (I put the board name instead of my own name), so I sent another email with the right information. But my mailing address was correct in both, so I guess I got one for each email I sent. :D

Wario64 said:
You son of a bitch

And why wouldn't they take it in plastic? I trade games in like that all the time.

I dunno. I thought someone here said that EBGames/Gamestop had some type of policy where they didn't accept brand new games for trade-ins. I guess I was wrong.

demi

Bebpo said:
You should play it.

If some gives you a free game, the least you can do is give it an honest try and if it's good spread the word. Sell it used after that if you don't like it.

Selling/Returning it sealed is just a big middle finger up to the people who just gave you a free game out of their kindness.

But I didn't like the first one. With the upcoming holiday game rush, there's just no room for something like this. Sorry, sacrifices have to be made. You know how it is.

Bebpo

Banned
demi said:
But I didn't like the first one. With the upcoming holiday game rush, there's just no room for something like this. Sorry, sacrifices have to be made. You know how it is.

Maybe the sequel is better?

I dunno. I will try it!

Wario64 said:
I thought Best Buy requires a receipt

I am pretty sure they do. Unless something has changed recently.

Still can't decide if I will try this or not. I probably will...closest Walmart is 45 minutes from here.

And hey I'd love to see something like this happen again. I'd hate to have those behind the contest look at how this thread has turned out and say "Well that was a really awful idea."

Beezy said:
No. I thought I sent the wrong information in the email (I put the board name instead of my own name), so I sent another email with the right information. But my mailing address was correct in both, so I guess I got one for each email I sent. :D

Heh, lucky. I sent two because at the beginning of the contest people were saying you had to register with the e-mail you use for the forum and I had already send one. I replied with both accounts, hopefully I'll have two. One is nice, of course, but I need more money for Wii stuff. :D

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Got mine as well today! Scared to open it I will lose 15 on trade in if I open it.. Anyone played it yet? Mini Review?

demi

Dorfdad said:
Got mine as well today! Scared to open it I will lose 15 on trade in if I open it.. Anyone played it yet? Mini Review?

Read the more major media outlets' reviews, it just screams "more of the same, with minor subtle changes"

Bebpo said:

....Kindness? Beg to differ. If you believe in kindness in the business world then I have a time share I'd love to sell you out of the kindness of my heart. How about joining a pyramid plan, it would be doing you a favor...no really.

More likely it's a marketing ploy to get this game some advertising by word of mouth rather than having to pay for ads.

Bebpo

Banned
DeathCabCute said:
....Kindness? Beg to differ. If you believe in kindness in the business world then I have a time share I'd love to sell you out of the kindness of my heart. How about joining a pyramid plan, it would be doing you a favor...no really.

More likely it's a marketing ploy to get this game some advertising by word of mouth rather than having to pay for ads.

Reasoning behind the free game...Does it matter? THQ just gave free copies of a $40 game to hundreds of people on this forum. You got a free game for doing almost nothing; I think you should give a little gratitude back to them.

Seriously, between people looking for the best way to sell this and all the scalping threads I really get the feeling a lot of posters here are greedy jerks who would stab their best friend in the back for a buck.

Top Bottom