• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

MMaRsu

Damn..now I got a Ps2 and when I won I didnt have one so I actually am getting the Xbox version..maybe I can trade it in for the Ps2 version in the local gamestore, I actually wanna try this game out since the first one was fun :)

echoshifting said:
Starting to. I didn't read anything in there that said "Hey, just so ya know, we're going to make it our top priority to get all of these games out simultaneously. Especially since at least half of you guys will apparently be using the game as trade-in fodder rather than actually trying it!"

I haven't gotten mine yet either. I just don't get this "Oh teh NOEZ it's NEVER COMING!!!" attitude that's starting to develop.

It'd be so awesome if they actually checked this thread to see who doesn't actually want the game, and wont' send the game to those people.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I havent gotten mine yet either...but come on, be patience folks. I think it's pretty fast that people got theirs just like 2 weeks after the contest is over. That's really quick

TwIsTeD

Time for a real update:

I emailed THQ yesterday in regards to the "missing copies" of the game and this is what I got today:

"Sorry for late reply. The last of the copies were shipped this week and
they are being sent media mail, which means that delivery times can range
from a week to two weeks."

media mail wtf! oh well its free but why the hell did half the people get Fedex....oh well I kinda wanted to play this but now its gonna get lost in the collection

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
:lol Not sure how much I'll be playing this if it arrives after the Wii launches.

Joe Molotov

Wario64 said:
I'M GONNA BOYCOTT THQ/PANDEMIC BECAUSE OF THIS!!!!!!!

I'm not complaining, but it would be nice to get this before the price drop. By the time I get it, Circuit City will have it in the $8 bin.

radjago

TwIsTeD said:
media mail wtf! oh well its free but why the hell did half the people get Fedex....
You did see the October NPD numbers for DAH2, right?

PS2 DESTROY ALL HUMANS! 2 $2,090,092 53,287
XBX DESTROY ALL HUMANS! 2 $1,015,161 25,838

radjago

m0dus said:
Holeee shit . . . you mean there are other GAF Daytoners besides me and Truffle? WTF, we gotta have a meetup.
Yeah there's a few of us Daytonians (the correct term, I believe). I know truffleshuffle83 is from around here, but he got banned not too long ago.

Maybe we should make a thread in the Off-Topic Forum.

FightyF

Banned
I haven't gotten anything yet either.

Now, I didn't contribute, but I was rooting for you guys, that should account for something.

radjago

This thread needs a new title.

"Hey all GAF-goers, you coulda been checking your mailbox every day for your free copy of DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 and come away disappointed!"

or

"Hey all GAF-goers, you coulda been waiting for your free copy of DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2!

I'm beginning to think this game will get a price drop before it sees my doorstep. Media Mail is up to 2 weeks for delivery time, right?

Amir0x

Banned
Another for "nothing yet."

However, they did say it would take some time... and with holidays coming up... I imagine it will still take some time.

itschris

Amir0x said:
Another for "nothing yet."

However, they did say it would take some time... and with holidays coming up... I imagine it will still take some time.

I wonder why some of us got it right away with FedEx and others are still waiting...

Amir0x

Banned
itschris said:
I wonder why some of us got it right away with FedEx and others are still waiting...

well someone e-mailed them and they said they're sending the rest media mail, which is much longer...

They're idiots for making us wait so long... I'm glad I only sent in one photo.

I mean, any additional revenue they would have gained from us telling people how cool it is, is totally gone. That is the point, right? Send the game to hardcore message board people and they will play the game and spread the word? Game will be marked down in price before I even get a copy.

rs7k

I just got the game, and they sent me two copies :lol :lol

They also used FedEx.

I'm an hour north of Toronto in Canada.

rs7k said:
I just got the game, and they sent me two copies :lol :lol

They also used FedEx.

I'm an hour north of Toronto in Canada.

Seeing how I got left out of this compation because it wouldn't accept my email for some reason, you want to send that other copy to me? :D

rs7k

Father_Mike said:
Seeing how I got left out of this compation because it wouldn't accept my email for some reason, you want to send that other copy to me? :D

I would have considered it, but I gave it to my friend who let me borrow his camera so I could take pictures of my PS3. :D

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I still don't have it and I'm in Ottawa, did all of you guys in Canada have to sign for it?

Got the game today in Montreal. I was actually hoping the package was my Wii component cables but oh well.

Well, now comes the question as to what exactly I should do with this game. I would certainly play and enjoy it if it was backwards compatible on 360.

All my friends have sold their original xboxes so they're out. I might do the Walmart exchange, but I don't think I have the balls for what basically amounts to theft.

Does EBgames pay more for unopened games than pre-owned games? I might just open it and sell it to them as a used game.

Firestorm

civilstrife said:
Got the game today in Montreal. I was actually hoping the package was my Wii component cables but oh well.

Well, now comes the question as to what exactly I should do with this game. I would certainly play and enjoy it if it was backwards compatible on 360.

All my friends have sold their original xboxes so they're out. I might do the Walmart exchange, but I don't think I have the balls for what basically amounts to theft.

Does EBgames pay more for unopened games than pre-owned games? I might just open it and sell it to them as a used game.

You get store credit so basically, you spend it there and they sell the game, don't they? Don't think of it as theft, think of it as an exchange! And screwing Wal-Mart over because nobody likes Wal-Mart.

No, EB gives you the same no matter what.

Top Bottom