• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Tenacious-V

Thinks his PR is better than yours.
Pimpbaa said:
Finally got mine today. I think THQ might have violated a canadian law regarding contests. You are supposed to ask the winner/winners a skill testing question (mathmatical question) before they recieve their prize. Wierd I know.

Yeah I forgot about that :lol.

The answer is 42.

Anyway, I got mine in today. FedEX at 9:30am. Guy didn't even need my signature, I was heading out to class and the fedex guy was there, "here ya go" and left.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh man, The Freak wins this year's award for most annoying character in a videogame.

X26

Banned
Dice said:
Oh man, The Freak wins this year's award for most annoying character in a videogame.

ALL of them do! The voices...oh god the voices...

game has its moments though, anal probe, lawl

Anamoly

Still waiting in SoCal. As much as i would like to actually play the game, i won't be heartbroken if it never comes considering i didn't do much to get it :(

Firestorm

Ack. I realized I just don't have the time to play this game. And having not played the first game, I don't want to go straight into the second =( Sorry THQ, I'll probably try to return this to Wal-Mart (no receipt required) and buy Trauma Center. I promise I'll look into a THQ game at a later date =(

Dice

X26 said:
Yeah, I turned on the captions so I can easily skip past the voices if I want to.

game has its moments though, anal probe, lawl
*early Albion spoiler*
The anal probe is also the best way to deal with the mutants. Probe the spores out then zap the spores.
But what is the point of the Dislocator? It only does about as much as PK but so randomly that it's far worse (PK can really be your best friend in missions) I have a lot of fun wreaking havoc in the flying saucer; with that drain move you're pretty much invincible (though after unlocking other cities sometimes I'll go to the screen because I wasn't locked on to something before pushing Circle) I can't believe they let you power it up even more.

Dice

I know these missions are supposed to be getting hard but they aren't because I've figured out so many sweet techniques, and I'm only using like 1/20th of my power most of the time. I'm trying to enjoy the missions rather than letting the design of the game make me see them as just a means to get upgrades (easier since I don't need the upgrades at this point), though some of them are a little buggy in transitioning from one sequence to another and it can be kind of annoying. But oh it's a lovely distraction from my wait for stores of get more Wii. Looks like I'll be getting one friday so I'm trying to finish up before then.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
X26 said:
Yeah, the voicework is this game is pretty grating most of the time. Even Crypto seems a little too over the top this time around. I do, however, love Orthopox's voice. Richard Horvitz is pretty much doing his Zim voice, so this is about as close to an Invader Zim game as we'll ever get.

got mine 3 days ago.
belleville, ontario.
the xbox game's ok, lost interest after afew hours playing, gonna trade it at ebgames for something else.

Firestorm

Pimpbaa said:
Finally got mine today. I think THQ might have violated a canadian law regarding contests. You are supposed to ask the winner/winners a skill testing question (mathmatical question) before they recieve their prize. Wierd I know.

No. Skill testing question is for contests of chance. There was no random element in this contest so a skill testing question wasn't needed to be used as a loophole.

Kalren

Got my copy here in Edmonton. FedEx tried to deliver on friday Nov 17, Got it Monday Nov 20.

Glad I got it in time to give it as a Xmas gift :)

X26

Banned
Dice said:
But what is the point of the Dislocator? It only does about as much as PK but so randomly that it's far worse (PK can really be your best friend in missions) I have a lot of fun wreaking havoc in the flying saucer; with that drain move you're pretty much invincible (though after unlocking other cities sometimes I'll go to the screen because I wasn't locked on to something before pushing Circle) I can't believe they let you power it up even more.

I just use it on vehicles. Get a kick out of seeing cops/KGB/whatever come at me just to get side swiped by a dislocated van

Dice

Ok, so WHERE THE **** is the second datacore in Tunguska? I've beaten and collected everything else in the game and (I think) scoured every inch of the level and can't find it. Do you get it from the 2P mission?

Ecrofirt

I I still didn't get the ****ing game. **** THQ.

A friend a mile up the road got the game the same day as Amir0x and a few other Pennsylvania winners, and yet I got nothing.

I emailed THQ about it 2 weeks ago, and they never answered my email.

Way to treat your contest winner, dipshits. You will no longer get any of my money.

Ecrofirt said:

A friend a mile up the road got the game the same day as Amir0x and a few other Pennsylvania winners, and yet I got nothing.

Way to treat your contest winner, dipshits. You will no longer get any of my money.

:lol

Well if you don't get it, you can have my copy(assuming it's un"returnable" at wal mart on weds).

Dice

Ok, I found it thanks to Wikipedia. Apparently Pox only detects datacores if you are like 10ft away from them and you are on foot (meaning literally on the ground no jetpack or anything). Of course, the weapon is completely pointless now that I have beaten the whole game. I can't even think of any missions that would have used it after that point in the game.

Amir0x

Banned
Ecrofirt said:

Seriously guys. THIS is the person that helped us win the game. IF he doesn't get it, we all need to...

1.) Pitch in to buy Ecrofirt a game of his choice
2.) Send Ecrofirt one of our copies of the game when we're finished with it
3.) ALL e-mail THQ to get them to notice this shit

Firestorm

Amir0x said:
Seriously guys. THIS is the person that helped us win the game. IF he doesn't get it, we all need to...

Yeah, he's one of the few people here who have a right to bitch. The idiots who signed up for a GAF account and submitted one picture so they could get in on this should stfu.

Joe Molotov

Amir0x said:

4.) Give him free shipping if he bids on our Destroy All Humans 2 auction on Ebay.

shuri

Banned
Amirox, bans all those tards who admitted to returning the game for credits, cheap ****s.

and I still havent gone mine!

Got my copy on my way out to buy the Wii a few days ago. They sent me the PS2 version instead of the Xbox one I requested. Hope I get the same price for it.

Ecrofirt said:

I'm in Philly and still haven't gotten anything.

Pimpbaa

You guys should email or phone them. The game is pretty good. And whoever wrote that review for the Gaming Age main page, you suck! This series is criminally underrated (especially the sequel which greatly improves on the original despite what GA reviewer said).

Top Bottom