• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Seth C

Pimpbaa said:
You guys should email or phone them. The game is pretty good. And whoever wrote that review for the Gaming Age main page, you suck! This series is criminally underrated (especially the sequel which greatly improves on the original despite what GA reviewer said).

I tried e-mail. No response.

X26

Banned
On a different note, I just beat my copy. I was expecting a lot worse to be honest, but the game turned out to be decent.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ok well I got 100% and I'm probably never going to play it again. Does anyone know how much store credit it gets you at EB? It's still fairly new so I expect it'd be a decent amount.

Joe Molotov

Dice said:
Ok well I got 100% and I'm probably never going to play it again. Does anyone know how much store credit it gets you at EB? It's still fairly new so I expect it'd be a decent amount.

$12-15, I'd expect.

Zynx

Maybe they are staggering the mailings to 'generate as much interest as possible' (stagger when people write about it on the forum)?

But we're not really talking about the actual game here, only about getting it or not. But then again in some advertising if you just get the product name mentioned and people see it, it's a success - and this thread has been hanging around for ages, so was it a successful marketing move by THQ? Will anyone else start a forum contest where NeoGAF gets a free game?

I got mine, btw. Haven't opened it yet, though, no time.

Pimpbaa

Finished the game today. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The levels are much more varied and bigger than the original and the game is more mission oriented (you don't have to run around farming humans to get a certain number of brains in order to proceed to the next level). Damage via psychokinesis seems to be toned down a lot in this game, which was disappointing to me (was fun to kill humans in the first one by flinging them around). The ability to "transmogrify" any inanimate object into ammo (both in and out of the saucer) kinda makes up for that though, as does the new more powerful weapons. I hope we get a next gen sequel to this. Perhaps using the Mercenaries 2 engine like how destroy all humans 1 and 2 used the Mercenaries 1 engine.

Just gave it a try yesterday and i'm really enjoying the game. I think it looks great and i like the gameplay and story alot, never played the first, so i can't give a comparison.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Aika'svyse said:
Just gave it a try yesterday and i'm really enjoying the game. I think it looks great and i like the gameplay and story alot, never played the first, so i can't give a comparison.
My advice is just to space it out, play other games and pick it up whenever. It was ok, but I was playing straight through and the game became repetitive which made everything annoying and chore-like. Though after playing Wii I won't be able to enjoy it, knowing how much better the PK (which is very important int he game) would be.

cicero

My copy came via fed-ex last weekend. I'm not going to lie and say I plan on opening and playing this through. I am going to work this mutha out and get some store credit, I THANK THEE UBISOFT.

Amir0x

Banned
I got it a while back and am playing through it. It's alright, but nothing to actively care about not getting. However, Ecrofirt should definitely still get it. On principle.

Joe Molotov

Amir0x said:
I got it a while back and am playing through it. It's alright, but nothing to actively care about not getting. However, Ecrofirt should definitely still get it. On principle.

Has Ecofirt still not got it? That's seriously messed up, he submitted the most pictures of anyone. He would (should) have gotten a copy even if GAF lost.

Ronabo

I emailed them and got a response. I was told that they had no idea what happened and should have gotten it since others in my State (Ohio) and City (Dayton) had gotten it. So I am being sent out another copy, which I'll probably never get anyways.

The entire experience has been underwhelming and tiresome. Oh well.

Pimpbaa

shuri said:
maybe the whole thing was just a big pr operation..

A negative pr operation? :lol I got mine last month up here in eastern Canada. And once you cross the border stuff gotta be ship via dog sled. Seriously tho, this gotta be postal service problem. I can't see THQ shipping some and not shipping for others. Unless some were disqualified to win the game for reasons unknown.

Firestorm

cicero said:
My copy came via fed-ex last weekend. I'm not going to lie and say I plan on opening and playing this through. I am going to work this mutha out and get some store credit, I THANK THEE UBISOFT.

You mean THQ, right?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
davepoobond said:
i was the 8th person in the top 10 and i got it too.

Where you were in the standings has nothing to do with it. I submitted less than ten pictures and live in the same city as Ecrofirt and I got my copy a long time ago.

Ecrofirt

I'm going to be emailing as many people at THQ as I can about this tonight. I'll let you all know how exactly it turns out.

If possible, can anyone who hasn't received their game yet give an update? It'll help with my email and such.

Amir0x

Banned
Ecrofirt said:
I'm going to be emailing as many people at THQ as I can about this tonight. I'll let you all know how exactly it turns out.

If possible, can anyone who hasn't received their game yet give an update? It'll help with my email and such.

Hey, don't you live really close to me IIRC?

RumFore

Banned
Ecrofirt said:

I emailed them maybe 5 days ago saying I didn't get my game though everyone else did and I got a response and Two day delivery of my game. So if you haven't received your game try emailing them. Worked for me.

BTW: Good game so far. I'm keeping it.

Ecrofirt

Amir0x said:
Hey, don't you live really close to me IIRC?
Yes, I do. That's the pisser. I'm in Wilkes-Barre.

Sofaking lives a mile up the road from me, and he got the game the same day as you and a few other PA winners.

And thanks for letting me know who hasn't received it yet, guys. I'm waiting for someone I know to get back to me with a slew of PR email addresses, and then I'll be letting THQ know what's up.

Top Bottom