• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Time to file a class action law suit against THQ.

GAF law team assemble!

phoenix-wright.jpg

Talking about prizes I didn't get my MGS4 prize from MGS.org either! Lawsuit time!

Ecrofirt

Sorry guys, I got banned for a month and lost some of my contacts that were in PMs as a result.

Now that I've got access to them again, I will be emailing a bunch of people at THQ about the problem (FO' REALZ THIS TIME) to try and get it resolved.

If a mod or something could help with getting a list together of who HASN'T received their copy, it would help me a bunch.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
No game here.

I even sent an email to the thq contest email, then another email to THQ support which probably didn't do jack but I don't care. No reply

I think we all should just email bomb them right now.

Ecrofirt

Wario64 said:
No game here.

I even sent an email to the thq contest email, then another email to THQ support which probably didn't do jack but I don't care. No reply

I think we all should just email bomb them right now.

Email bombing them won't bring anything good to the already shitty situation. I plan on sending out one email to a bunch of people at THQ, in hopes that someone somewhere in the company has some sense.

LocoSWE

Why don't we make a list of people who didnt get their copy and send it to THQ, like Amir0x wrote earlier on this page.

1. LocoSWE

Ecrofirt

LocoSWE said:
Why don't we make a list of people who didnt get their copy and send it to THQ, like Amir0x wrote earlier on this page.

1. LocoSWE

That's what I've been planning to do for a month now or so. Problem is that I got banned and didn't have access to my some of my THQ contacts that I had in PMs.

I've asked Amir0x or White Man (Whitey would be better, as I don't think he got the game yet) to try and get a listing together of the people who didn't get their game, and I'll be sending out one email to a bunch of people at THQ about how the lot of us got completely ****ed.

Amir0x

Banned
what's ****ed up is that I don't live very far from Ecrofirt at all, and he's the one who submitted a billion photos, and I got mine but he didn't get his.

That pisses me off

LegatoB

I got mine back near the end of November or beginning of December, I think. I'm kind of shocked that so many posters apparently haven't gotten their copies yet; I figured if they had sent copies to people like me who only submitted one or two images fairly late in the contest that they'd've gotten to most of the other entries already! Hopefully you guys can get them to make good on this one.

Ecrofirt

Amir0x said:
what's ****ed up is that I don't live very far from Ecrofirt at all, and he's the one who submitted a billion photos, and I got mine but he didn't get his.

That pisses me off

Yea, and like I told you before, my friend and fellow poster SofaKing lives a mile up the road from me, and he got the game the same day you did. He submitted a single picture and got a game. It boggles the mind.

Never got mine, stopped waiting a long time ago. This can't be an accident. They probably just don't give a f*ck and don't want to send out our games.

Ecrofirt

sublime085 said:
Never got mine, stopped waiting a long time ago. This can't be an accident. They probably just don't give a f*ck and don't want to send out our games.

There's a simple answer to this.

I've got myself on a temporary boycott of all THQ games. I won't spend any money on their software. If I, and by proxy GAF, get a big '**** off' from THQ after I send them my email, it's going to very quickly turn into a permanent boycott.

Ecrofirt said:
There's a simple answer to this.

I've got myself on a temporary boycott of all THQ games. I won't spend any money on their software. If I, and by proxy GAF, get a big '**** off' from THQ after I send them my email, it's going to very quickly turn into a permanent boycott.

Well, welcome me onto the fold because I don't want any shitty wrestling games or whatever the hell it is you publish THQ!

B'z-chan

Banned
I totaly forgot about this since my leave from gaf. Add me to the list of those that havent gotten the damn game. DAMN YOU THQ now i'm pissed i totaly forgot about this game and the contest.

This isn't a post to gloat, but I got mine. Just don't want to be included on the list by mistake and potentially ruin the credibility of the email you guys are sending. So... yeah, leave me off.

Ecrofirt

OK, I'm trying to really get the ball rolling here.

I've created a short survey that will allow me to collect information from you guys that I can send to THQ.

PLEASE DO NOT FILL THIS OUT UNLESS YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED YOUR COPY OF THE GAME.

Please fill it out:
---link removed for now. I've already sent my responses to THQ---

If the survey doesn't work, please let me know.

The red text is supposed to attract your eyes. Don't freak!

Ronabo

I emailed the address that we all used to send them info back on December 5th. I got a reply on the 7th saying "I'm not sure what happened, perhaps lost in the mail. We'll get one out
to you as soon as possible"

I never got a copy. And with the holidays and stuff I kinda gave up. I'd still like to receive my copy.

Thanks for the effort Ecrofirt.

Survey filled out.

Filled out the survey. Thanks for the effort, ecrofirt... They must not care though... if they really needed to resend my information (and I still don't understand that explanation at all... how could they have lost emails? >_>), and they did (on December 28th), then I should've gotten it early in January. I sent the email out on December 15th too IIRC.

bdoughty

Banned
I did not read all the previous pages but noticed many were not getting the game. This may have already been mentioned but going ONLY to THQ with the complaints might not be the best route.

After looking over the poorly worded contest rules.

8.Contest Sponsor.
The sponsor of the Contest is Advanced Media.

Head over to AMN

http://advancedmn.com/

Create topic here and start asking why a contest THEY sponsored is shirking their duties in getting games out to the winners.

Suggest that they BBB might be interested in companies and theirs sponsors of said contest are not fulfilling their obligations. Those sending e-mails to THQ should consider adding this bit of information in their replies also. Ranting about lawsuits is a threat most companies laugh off from individuals. Get enough people sending complaints to the BBB and they will take note.

http://forums.advancedmn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Also ask them why this was put in their copy/paste disclaimer...

To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.

Theoretically there are NO alternate winners since is was based on a group contest with a set amount of winners. No alternates exist.

BuG

bdoughty said:
I did not read all the previous pages but noticed many were not getting the game. This may have already been mentioned but going ONLY to THQ with the complaints might not be the best route.

After looking over the poorly worded contest rules.

8.Contest Sponsor.
The sponsor of the Contest is Advanced Media.

Head over to AMN

http://advancedmn.com/

Create topic here and start asking why a contest THEY sponsored is shirking their duties in getting games out to the winners.

Suggest that they BBB might be interested in companies and theirs sponsors of said contest are not fulfilling their obligations. Those sending e-mails to THQ should consider adding this bit of information in their replies also. Ranting about lawsuits is a threat most companies laugh off from individuals. Get enough people sending complaints to the BBB and they will take note.

http://forums.advancedmn.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Also ask them why this was put in their copy/paste disclaimer...

To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within five days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.

Theoretically there are NO alternate winners since is was based on a group contest with a set amount of winners. No alternates exist.
I think this would be the best course of action. When I emailed back the original address which contacted me I got a message similar to "I'll pass your information on to THQ!". As far as I can tell, THQ have no idea we're not getting our games until this other company bothers to tell them.

I still haven't gotten mine so I filled out your little survey.

Thank you very much for the time and effort of taking this survey! Company X looks forward to continuing to improve the services it offers its customers
Company X! WOO!

Ecrofirt

BuG said:
I think this would be the best course of action. When I emailed back the original address which contacted me I got a message similar to "I'll pass your information on to THQ!". As far as I can tell, THQ have no idea we're not getting our games until this other company bothers to tell them.

I still haven't gotten mine so I filled out your little survey.

Company X! WOO!

BuG, I'll be sending my email out to people who work with PR and stuff directly at THQ.

As it stands now, I've got 30 people. I'm going for at least 20 more before I even send out my initial email.

Ecrofirt

Repost:

OK, I'm trying to really get the ball rolling here.

I've created a short survey that will allow me to collect information from you guys that I can send to THQ.

PLEASE ONLY FILL THIS OUT IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED YOUR GAME.

Please fill it out:
---link removed for now. I've already submitted my responses to THQ---

If the survey doesn't work, please let me know.

The red text is supposed to attract your eyes. Don't freak!

---

I'm going to try to put one near the top of the next few thread pages in case anyone misses the topic change.

Top Bottom