• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Beezy

Oh, I thought he meant that it's a Nintendo fansite created for a non-Nintendo game. I thought that sounded weird but.....bah, whatever.

Pimpbaa

spengo said:
Those bastards at IFCA are using fake names, and they have what appears to be a mod condoning it. They only have about 10 people participating in their thread yet they have 81 contributing members on the chart. :lol

They also found links to ALL the pics submitted by GAF and IGN and are probably stealing them. What a bunch of tools.

No worries, they will probably be disqualified when the email addresses don't check out.

"NOTE: Any entries submitted under false email addresses will be disqualified and final tallies from sites will be based on real email addresses by real users registered with the forums!"

They are boned if they think they are gonna win by cheating.

Ecrofirt

Pimpbaa said:
"NOTE: Any entries submitted under false email addresses will be disqualified and final tallies from sites will be based on real email addresses by real users registered with the forums!"

They are boned if they think they are gonna win by cheating.

Yea, it's not that hard to cheat when your mods are in on it. All a person has to do is make up a list of names and emails he's entered the contest with, and make sure he gets that to the mods. When the Contest sponsors come knocking, the mod in power will have the full list of names used along with the email addresses used for them.

But I can't imagine a Nintendo fansite being populated by people that smart.

I'm gonna post images under different names and emails so the number of users submitting will go up. The number of users is way more important than the number of pics, so if everyone submits under different names and emails.... we can win this thing... unless they check IP's.... in that case, submit images from another location...
---

Oh, and yeah, I think they do track our IP's so that disables us from uploading pics under a different name... however, we can still do it from another location. I posted a pic under the name Diagonal when I was at school, and it accepted the pic....... if one person uploads pics from 100 different locations under 100 different names, then we will win.
---

I'm not sure if they check IPs... unless they do it randomly. I submitted some pictures from my home internet under several different names and they showed up
---

Serioulsy? Than we can easily win this thing. I'll just submit a bunch of pics under different names :D
---

OMG

They don't check IP's Shocked

QUICK! Everyone! Submit hundreds of pics under different names!
---

They just recently started posting this on the upload page:

NOTE: Any entries submitted under false email addresses will be disqualified and final tallies from sites will be based on real email addresses by real users registered with the forums!
---

CRAP! That means I have to guess a REAL email addresses when I post this stuff.

Hmmm... I'm gonna use my friends emails :D
---

Guyz, the enemy forums have discovered our cheating. They could be reading this thread RIGHT NOW! So we've gotta be more stealthy about this thing...
---

How have my discovered it?
Haha, such dolts. Saved the pages just in case.

nataku

Just submitted about 153 more.

Here are some deep space Hubble pics I found for those who haven't submmited pics yet:

http://heritage.stsci.edu/gallery/galindex.html

There is text around the image, though... I don't think they really care but who knows. You can just save the little thumbnail on that site instead of clicking on it and getting the image with text, since they are two different images.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I wasnt sure which of my email address I registered under GAF, so whenever I try an email address of mine it actually tells me that "this email address is not registered with this user name."

How can they submit under fake email addresses, if it blocks you right at submission?

M3wThr33

Banned
John Harker said:
I wasnt sure which of my email address I registered under GAF, so whenever I try an email address of mine it actually tells me that "this email address is not registered with this user name."

How can they submit under fake email addresses, if it blocks you right at submission?

I think they just want a REAL User with a REAL email address, not one that correlates between the two.

Az987

all good things
When you go to the site it now says,

Contest Ends October 17th

So just 8 more days and well win, keep it up guys!

Weapon201

Banned
its crazy that this

a)hasnt had a thread title change
b)hasnt been stickied
c)has only 166 members when there are thousands of people viewing each day

I contacted THQ guys, i think some of us might be dissapointed with this news, but i say keep submitting, i've written back to tell them to please include the Pal gamers who made submissions.

Anyway the email. And thanks THQ for the speedy reply.

The contest officially ends October 17th and at this time, is only open
to
residents of the US and Canada. We are exploring the idea of expanding
the contest to PAL territories and I'll get back to you when a decision
is
made!

Thanks!
DestroyAllCompetition Staff

John Harker

You don't get notified if you win by email, do you? The account I've been submitting under, I no longer have access too... but for some reason, its the only email account (its not even the one I'm linked to in GAF!) that the website will take!

And I want my copy!

John Harker said:
You don't get notified if you win by email, do you? The account I've been submitting under, I no longer have access too... but for some reason, its the only email account (its not even the one I'm linked to in GAF!) that the website will take!

And I want my copy!

Considering that it's the only contact method they have for you (unless they come register here and send you a PM, unlikely), you might be in trouble here.

John Harker said:

And I want my copy!
I think you do. You might want to throw them and email explaning the situation.

What are the chances the day before the end of the competition, there will be a spike of new registrants at GAF who submit one or two pictures to the contest just so they get a copy of the game?

John Harker

Ash Sparrow said:
I contacted THQ guys, i think some of us might be dissapointed with this news, but i say keep submitting, i've written back to tell them to please include the Pal gamers who made submissions.

Anyway the email. And thanks THQ for the speedy reply.

The contest officially ends October 17th and at this time, is only open
to
residents of the US and Canada. We are exploring the idea of expanding
the contest to PAL territories and I'll get back to you when a decision
is
made!

Thanks!
DestroyAllCompetition Staff

What is the email address you used to contact them?

Pimpbaa

M3wThr33 said:
I sent an email to THQ@DestroyAllCompetition.com about IFCA with a link to that thread.

I think you shouldn't have mentioned it here. They have already deleted the thread. I too sent an email to THQ about it and got a response:

"We are aware of cheating on some of the sites and those entries will be
disqualified in the final tallies."

John Harker

Thanks - I emailed them, I want to make sure my submissions are still valid.

Edit:

Woa, they replied in under a minute. Impressive!

Hi ****,

Don't worry, as long as your email address actually exists and you can
reply to it, we'll be able to count your entries. We just seem to be
getting a lot of "lollerskates@aol.com" or "xyxyxyx@gmail.org"
entries. You know, completely bogus ones :)

Thanks!
DAC Staff

Hell Yeah!! We done good Gaf, now just keep it alive.
I hope there aren't some weird loopholes that will screw us out of our game. Hopefully no one cheated and our numbers aren't artificially inflated either. I enjoyed the first game and I'll definitely play this one instead of trading it in or anything.
Eight more days until online supremacy confirmed!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Come on, more legitimate users enter! We actually have an amazing chance at winning and we can't let IGN or the cheating bastards at IFCA (which by the way is a sad excuse for a forum) beat us, I mean this is GAF for godsakes.

Amzin

Aw damnit. . . I entered in my yahoo email on the DAH2 sight, because my ameritech.net account that I originally used here died, but I can't change my email here to yahoo since GAF doesn't allow free emails. So I set up a NEW email at sbcglobal now, but that's not what I entered in on the sight, so what should I do? Am I boned?

demi

So does everyone who registers for this get a free copy if we win? I will register if I can get free shit. I love free shit. You just gotta make random bullshit images? I love saying shit. Must be Yakuza running through my head.

Kelsonk

BulletSmoke said:
What are the chances the day before the end of the competition, there will be a spike of new registrants at GAF who submit one or two pictures to the contest just so they get a copy of the game?

I didn't even think about that. Man that's gonna piss me off.

Top Bottom