• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Qwark

I don't really remember this conversation, do you guys maybe remember around what chapter it was?

I'm pretty sure the first time it's mentioned is in chapter 1 before you even have digimon. You enter EDEN to meet your friends and if you talk to one of the NPC's in the main area, he talks about his daughter having her first Digivice and he brings up your goggles.

Not at all, especially if you have Tactician USBs.
I still don't have any of those...are the farms the only way to obtain them?
I'm pretty sure the first time it's mentioned is in chapter 1 before you even have digimon. You enter EDEN to meet your friends and if you talk to one of the NPC's in the main area, he talks about his daughter having her first Digivice and he brings up your goggles.
Okay, then I seriously overreacted. Sorry, guys.

MY god the 30 win coliseum trophy took me fucking forever.

I had to save literally after every match, because wins are saved on the PS4, not the server.

Sometimes the connection just hangs on the Looking for an Opponent and I left it for 20 minutes and nothing. HAd to restart and lost 15 wins because I didn't know.

SAVE after every match so you don't lose out on your wins.

Until you reach the last couple chapters, yes.
so I guess I need a better idea of farming the right way to obtain them then. And that costs money.

The thing about money in this game...it seems like your digimon do not naturally gain an increase in ABI, or INT, or CAM - so I bought that meat shit in the digi-lab, shit is super expensive and doesn't even work 100% of the time. is there an easier way to increase stats or is feeding them the only way?
So how is this story-wise for someone who doesn't know the first thing about digimon?
I honestly think someone who isn't a fan of digimon but is interested in story driven games, will find cyber sleuth captivating. I was a digimon fan as a kid and I like games with good stories, so this was an all around win-win for me

so I guess I need a better idea of farming the right way to obtain them then. And that costs money.

The thing about money in this game...it seems like your digimon do not naturally gain an increase in ABI, or INT, or CAM - so I bought that meat shit in the digi-lab, shit is super expensive and doesn't even work 100% of the time. is there an easier way to increase stats or is feeding them the only way?
ABI raises naturally through digivolving and dedigivolving. CAM raises naturally by 1% per battlers when the Digimon is an active party member but can also be increased with meat in the digifarm.
INT raises naturally like other stats via leveling. If you're not getting enough you can always boost it by training in the farm.

True Fire

So how is this story-wise for someone who doesn't know the first thing about digimon?

IMO the game is actually more fun for non Digimon fans, because you get to discover new Digimon and experiment with evolution. I knew what I wanted my endgame team to be before I even bought the game.

ABI raises naturally through digivolving and dedigivolving. CAM raises naturally by 1% per battlers when the Digimon is an active party member but can also be increased with meat in the digifarm.
INT raises naturally like other stats via leveling. If you're not getting enough you can always boost it by training in the farm.
Ok thanks. So there's no way to raise ABI other than digivolving and dedigivolving...my Angemon continues to level up but he won't digivolve to MagnaAngemon unless he's ABI 10 so should I just dedigivolve him now?

Okay, what the hell, I'm in Chapter 15 and found
both Royal Knights needed to get the items to find StupidnameVeemon but Marie tells me to check for cases and Kyoko says to talk to Marie and my uninteresting schoolfriend mentioned Yuugo's ghost but it didn't give me an actual case for it and I have no idea where to go

Kouriozan

Got my 30 colisseum wins and Master Cup trophy, now onto my last one before the platinum = getting all medals.
Ready to spam X for a few hours at those machines.

maouvin

Okay, what the hell, I'm in Chapter 15 and found
both Royal Knights needed to get the items to find StupidnameVeemon but Marie tells me to check for cases and Kyoko says to talk to Marie and my uninteresting schoolfriend mentioned Yuugo's ghost but it didn't give me an actual case for it and I have no idea where to go

iirc you need to go to Galacta Park (Kowloon lvl 1).
From now on, go there whenever you feel lost. I needed to check a faq twice after reaching a wall and Galacta was the answer both times.

so i'm on that maze thing with arata, and as I cracked the code I unexpectedly ran into a fucking eater; with my 3 platinumsukamon in the fighter party! at first even though it was taking a while I was able to get the upper hand, but this eater fucker kept doing this attack that restored 100+ HP. so I had to switch them ALL out for a metalgreymon, lillymon (original), and a ladydevimon.
I ended up getting 3,000+ XP.

but man...I can't imagine how much XP I would've earned if I managed to beat it with my 3 platinumsukamons

Ok thanks. So there's no way to raise ABI other than digivolving and dedigivolving...my Angemon continues to level up but he won't digivolve to MagnaAngemon unless he's ABI 10 so should I just dedigivolve him now?
There are some expensive foods that raise it but you won't have many of those. So yeah, dedigivolve him then bring him back up!

Voror

Finally able to really dive in and now almost to Chapter 3. Quick question: is it best to get a digimon to its max possible level before digivolving forward or backward?

I've got two Hagurumon almost to 20 to become Plats but wonder if I should hold off a few levels or not.

Lexxism

Finally able to really dive in and now almost to Chapter 3. Quick question: is it best to get a digimon to its max possible level before digivolving forward or backward?

I've got two Hagurumon almost to 20 to become Plats but wonder if I should hold off a few levels or not.
Maxing out the level before de-digivolving give you more ABI. As for digivolving when max it, I think give you a highest level cap like for say from level 30 to 80 or something like that

Voror

Maxing out the level before de-digivolving give you more ABI. As for digivolving when max it, I think give you a highest level cap like for say from level 30 to 80 or something like that

Hmm, not sure how necessary that would be for the Hagurumon but I'll definitely wait before doing the others then.

Thank you.

Before digivolving? No. But if you want to de-digivolve them, it is best to get to as high a level as you can before doing so since you get more ABI that way.
might as well keep boosting my angemon then. not really in a rush to get magnaangemon

edit: however, if I dedigivole, the later ABI will be higher no matter what, yeah?

Lexxism

Hmm, not sure how necessary that would be for the Hagurumon but I'll definitely wait before doing the others then.

Thank you.
Oh. I'm talking about the general de-digivolution. Since you are planning to get Hagurumon to digivolve to PlatSukamon then you don't really need it. If they can digivolve early then go ahead. The advice I mentioned can be a good help in your future digivolving and de-digivolving.

Voror

Oh. I'm talking about the general de-digivolution. Since you are planning to get Hagurumon to digivolve to PlatSukamon then you don't really need it. If they can digivolve early then go ahead. The advice I mentioned can be a good help in your future digivolving and de-digivolving.

Ah alright. My starter Hagurumon is currently Guardromon and I'm currently steering him to Machinedramon so I may get him to max before heading to Datamon. Same with the others I'm working on.

I'll digivolve for those PlatSukamons as soon as they hit 20 then. The exp boost will be really nice to have. Though of course I'll need more memory to have all these digimon in my party.

iirc you need to go to Galacta Park (Kowloon lvl 1).
From now on, go there whenever you feel lost. I needed to check a faq twice after reaching a wall and Galacta was the answer both times.

Oh shit, thanks.

Also, this was an accurate representation of me getting Lillithmon

"What the hell, even getting this 'mon to Lvl. 99 doesn't give it enough Intelligence to evolve to this high-stat having Mega Evolution. Fine, I'll put it in a Farm but I fucking hate having to do this it's such a waste of time and annoying. Training is such bullshit."

*evolves into Lillithmon*

"Huh. She looks cool."

*does 1100 to an Eater with her Special Skill*

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha fucking what"

I honestly think someone who isn't a fan of digimon but is interested in story driven games, will find cyber sleuth captivating. I was a digimon fan as a kid and I like games with good stories, so this was an all around win-win for me

IMO the game is actually more fun for non Digimon fans, because you get to discover new Digimon and experiment with evolution. I knew what I wanted my endgame team to be before I even bought the game.

I see. Thanks.

What's his ATK?

Also, what's the highest stat amount? 350?

Base is 320, Just realised mine's is 379,that may explain why he's kicking so much ass. His main move is def penetrating as well. I breezed through the Virus & Data royal knights with him,so far.

Also, totally forgot Lucemon has another form after falldown.

Ugh, I'm getting pissed fighting
UlforceVeedramon. His speed is pretty annoying.

What's your team?

Lexxism

lmao. The difference between normal and hard against UlforceVeedramon is insane. I definitely need to change my team. This sucks.
What's your team?
12710804_10153578839023732_8113196751533673117_o.jpg

Yup, I know. My team sucks. I need to change it to combat his speed.

I just managed to beat the second Jimiken fight
(Double blue Meramon)
on hard mode with a team of Geckomon(20), Tailmon(16) and Kabuterimon(22) and a slew of items. It's been a while since I've had an RPG fight that made me consider my choices each turn as much as this one. Feels good to have beaten it without extra grinding or dropping difficulty.

True Fire

By the way, I'd recommend turning off Hard mode after a certain pivotal moment in Chapter 11. The difficulty becomes straight up broken after that. It just makes fights unnecessarily long and it's not very fun.

Lexxism

By the way, I'd recommend turning off Hard mode after a certain pivotal moment in Chapter 11. The difficulty becomes straight up broken after that. It just makes fights unnecessarily long and it's not very fun.
I never had that problem until
I faced UlforceVeedramon. His speed (or everything) is insane and you will have to wait 6-8 turns before you can start to attack lol

lmao. The difference between normal and hard against UlforceVeedramon is insane. I definitely need to change my team. This sucks.

Yup, I know. My team sucks. I need to change it to combat his speed.

Doesn't suck at all, I used Imperialdramon,Beelzemon & Wargreymon , I was on Normal mode though. Beelzemon wasn't the best choice though, obviously.

I did it a little later than that , but yeah same reason. I don't like grindy RPG's and I didn't want to break my main teams levelling via the platmon method.There wasn't any fun in the battles it was basically spamming moves & healing till you chipped away at their health.

Top Bottom