• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| The Prodigious Mon Returns (Courtesy of a Petition)

Why is everyones end game team of Mega's all humanoids? :(
That's one of my biggest gripes with Digimon lol

I don't know how they stack up against other mons, but I'm grabbing MetalSeadramon, Hououmon, Cherubimon, SaberLeomon and others for my team lol.

yami4ct

I don't know how they stack up against other mons, but I'm grabbing MetalSeadramon, Hououmon, Cherubimon, SaberLeomon and others for my team lol.

Most non-Humanoid Megas are super underpowered or don't really feel like Megas.

Croc

Banned

I think it's cause this game in particular is so focused on the Royal Knights, making them usually the best ones to choose. I don't know much about Next Order but between the anime and this game I've had enough storylines about the Royal Knights, I'm ready for something else.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Chapter 15/16 Spoiler.

I was NOT expecting Omnimon to just sit there on the counter while everyone was talking. Had me rolling.

so started up a remote play,
smoked a little bit
and just got to chapter 13...woah.
based on previous posts I expected a huge twist from kyoko by chapter 10, but now she's just missing. where is she???? I wanna know :(

edit:
when lopmon says "your friend is lost" is he referring to arata or kyoko? coz arata will be fine, i want to see kyoko

Aw, man. That ending. :(
Sorta reminds me of the season 1 ending when the digidestined leave the Digital World. And whoa, that scene with your Digimon team around you, like in Pokemon when you beat the Elite 4 and the Champion.

Geez, this was a great game. Took 88 hours to beat lol
Onto Imperialdramon PM!

Where am I meant to go in chapter 10?

Nokia went off by herself and Arata said he had to prepare first and to meet him there or something? I assume I meet him in EDEN somewhere? I really have no idea and I don't see him anywhere.

Edit: Found him in the community area.

True Fire

Just hit 90 hours! 40 medals to go, 10 of which are going to come from the DLC that comes out tomorrow. Slowly but surely I will have that Platinum!

Zephyx

What are added with these new DLCs? Can't check atm due to work..

I'm still currently @ chapter 7 finishing some side quests with a team of three fairly leveled Ultimates (Paildramon, Cyberdramon, AeroVeedramon). Also got 4 Tactician USBs, 2 PlatSukamon and 1 PlatNumemon in preparation for the grinding in future chapters. Really enjoying playing this game even though the story is not that compelling.

Sealtest

Anyone know where to buy Dot Barrier DX's? I thought I could get them in Shibuya after chapter 20 but the NPC isn't selling them. Need a few for my MP team.

would 3 platsukas w/ 2 tact usbs each give the same xp as 2 platnumemons w/ 3 tact usbs each

tacts add 100% exp to what you get

then each plat adds 100% to that, basically doubling, tripling, or quadrupling the exp

so 3 plats with 2 tacts should be x21 exp

and 2 plats with 3 tacts should be x14 exp

Man, the amount of great digimon that aren't in this game is a little depressing :(

Not even getting into stuff like the armour evolutions.

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

silva1991

Man, the amount of great digimon that aren't in this game is a little depressing :(

I was complaining the other day that those aren't in this game:
latest

latest

latest

and this guy...

latest

.... can evolve into this maybe somehow

latest

also deigimon Gods from Tamers could have easily been the best non humenoid megas

3935a4924d765b7ad66eb0ecc93d2d226171df6b_hq.gif

Bishop89

then each plat adds 100% to that, basically doubling, tripling, or quadrupling the exp

ah ok.. so it doesnt matter if I use a platnumemon or suka, the digimon itself gives the same bonus its just the slots which multiply it by x amount.

Alright cool thanks.

Drop

In those cases the exp rate would actually be x28 and x21 respectively, but you're right on how it works.
The platsukamon/numemon ability is applied to the total obtained after applying the usb boost.

Some of the best designs from Generation 1 too. It's a shame. I hope they make a sequel to Cyber Sleuth.

Also I got to Chapter 11 last night and I was surprised at the turn the story has taken. I really like Media Vision's take on this franchise. Definitely fills gaps that the Pokemon franchise doesn't.

This guy's omission bugs me the most
BSrNL9x.jpg

Guilmon not having a canon mega available until the end game because Gallantmon is locked behind the Royal Knights quests is pretty shitty. RustTyrannomon doesn't cut it!

(Also having to use Megidramon until you can get Gallantmon is fitting)

NEO0MJ

I was really hoping the Mammoth line would be in the game. They should really include more monsters. You know, like digital monsters. It's Digimon, not Digiknights!

This guy's omission bugs me the most
BSrNL9x.jpg

Guilmon not having a canon mega available until the end game because Gallantmon is locked behind the Royal Knights quests is pretty shitty. RustTyrannomon doesn't cut it!

(Also having to use Megidramon until you can get Gallantmon is fitting)

It's strange, considering you have Skullgreymon. Though most Digimon didn't have their alts, unless they were easy to implement like Icedevimon. Only the Agumon family got those, really.

Kouriozan

I gather Bamco is alterning 2 types of Digimon games, the World ones that play like the first (raise your Digimons like tamagotchi, open world, real-time combat) and the Story ones (more focus on the story, turn-based combat).
Japan got Digimon Adventure PSP (play like a Story game), World Re:Digitize on PSP, then World Re:Digitize Decode on 3DS and finally Story : Cyber Sleuth on Vita.
So the upcoming game, Digimon World Next Order, play like the very first Digimon World, including pooping and hopefully city building, the next one after that should be a Digimon Story game.

Drop

I gather Bamco is alterning 2 types of Digimon games, the World ones that play like the first (raise your Digimons like tamagotchi, open world, real-time combat) and the Story ones (more focus on the story, turn-based combat).
Japan got Digimon Adventure PSP (play like a Story game), World Re:Digitize on PSP, then World Re:Digitize Decode on 3DS and finally Story : Cyber Sleuth on Vita.
So the upcoming game, Digimon World Next Order, play like the very first Digimon World, including pooping and hopefully city building, the next one after that should be a Digimon Story game.

I wouldn't try to establish a pattern right now to be honest, before re:digitize the world series was kind of dead and before it the "world" games were all completely different from eachother, while the story series got plenty of games on ds that all follow the same formula one after the other.

With re:digitive and next order it does seem like they decided to associate the world title to games with dw1's gameplay but I still wouldn't expect regular releases.

Got the 500 medal trophy last night. Started a new game for the quiz trophy because I somehow fucking missed it and my game got bugged with the digimon not responding after I beat the story.

Croc

Banned
You have to sell them to the medal man to get the trophy.
No you don't. I always got my trophies immediately after getting the medals. Even my 500th medal trophy screenshot was taken at the end of the battle when I got the dropped medal.

You can sell them, not sell them, or any combination. As long as you've had it in your possession at some point it'll count. Selling to medal man is just for keeping track of which ones you have and getting those extra rewards but you can in theory get the trophy without selling any to him (although there's no reason to do that).

Drop

No you don't. I always got my trophies immediately after getting the medals. Even my 500th medal trophy screenshot was taken at the end of the battle when I got the dropped medal.

You can sell them, not sell them, or any combination. As long as you've had it in your possession at some point it'll count. Selling to medal man is just for keeping track of which ones you have and getting those extra rewards but you can in theory get the trophy without selling any to him (although there's no reason to do that).

Yeah, I got my 50 medal trophy the moment I got a medal from battle.

I also want to add that I find the way they handled the medal collection super weird, I mean, you're not actually collecting, you're keeping track of someone else's collection, it just feels super silly.

Oh, awesome! Thanks!
And here I am with 100 medals and I hadn't even noticed, haha.

Top Bottom