• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Tizoc

OK just started a new game on normal, but I want to know what counts as being spotted; is it when enemies have their attention gauge on red? I got one enemy's attention guage to Lvl. 2 white (not red), so does that count as being spotted?

Dishonored received a 18.6 MB patch today, but I can't find any information on it.

Anyone know what's in it?

Update 1.2
BUG FIXES

* Support for playing the game on multiple screens.
* Game Settings are now saved and restored properly even when using Steam offline.
* Fixes for some interactions with Granny Rags that invalidated nonlethal playthroughs under certain circumstances. (Note: These fixes work even for savegames AFTER the final Granny Rags encounter.)
* Fix for a crash that could happen during loading/transition between areas – notably near Dr. Galvani’s house.
* Reworked “Choke” interaction to make it more reliable in valid contexts.
* Fixed minor localization issues (PS3/360).
* Fixed global post-process that sometimes worked improperly during some missions.
* Fix for a rare crash that could happen when killing a NPC with a possessed rat and spring razor (PS3/360)

Source: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1427583-dishonored-title-update-12/page__p__21891771#entry21891771

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
* Fixes for some interactions with Granny Rags that invalidated nonlethal playthroughs under certain circumstances. (Note: These fixes work even for savegames AFTER the final Granny Rags encounter.)

About gosh darn time!

Thanks for the help. :)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
OK just started a new game on normal, but I want to know what counts as being spotted; is it when enemies have their attention gauge on red? I got one enemy's attention guage to Lvl. 2 white (not red), so does that count as being spotted?

Nope, it's only if the enemy's attention gauge turns red. I've had enemies go up to three alert levels (all three lines above their heads light up), but it didn't go to red and I got my achievement to pop up at the end.

this game is simply amazing, I am really loving it so far (I am at the golden cat level ATM) Superb stealth game, amazing graphics on PC with AA and sweetFX.....

one intriguing bit about the world, the boat driver says he has seen strange creatures in the water, strange glowing lights among other things, do you get to investigate those at all? Would have been cool! The plot so far is also, intriguing!

Tizoc

Nope, it's only if the enemy's attention gauge turns red. I've had enemies go up to three alert levels (all three lines above their heads light up), but it didn't go to red and I got my achievement to pop up at the end.

Cool thanks for the info mate =D

Troidal

I went for the no kill/ghost/low chaos run, that was amazing. I intentionally chose a different path just to see how differently it played out. They're different enough that I enjoyed it. Loved this version of the ending too.

I think there are many things they can improve on, but as it stands, this and Deus Ex:HR this generation has really been a blessing for the stealth FPS genre. And now, we wait for Thief IV.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, and at a fair $5.00. I'm interested in the whole leaderboards thing, but I wonder how well it will work in a game like Dishonored...

Oh damn, I was expecting it to go for $10. Hmm between this and the new RE6 DLC I may have to look into getting some MS points soon.

I dunno, I think it'll be fun. It reminds me of the challenges in Arkham City which I spent waaaay too much time on lol.

Oh damn, I was expecting it to go for $10. Hmm between this and the new RE6 DLC I may have to look into getting some MS points soon.

I dunno, I think it'll be fun. It reminds me of the challenges in Arkham City which I spent waaaay too much time on lol.

Yeah, it should definitely be fun. One of the things the main game would have benefited from would have been a New Game+, or at least a way to replay the levels with everything unlocked. There's just so many cool ways to play the game. It will be fun to have all of those different options for the DLC, as the gameplay in Dishonored is a ton of fun.

Kard8p3

Oh wow, just
Got back to the Hound Pits on my lethal playthrough, and I get to Corvo's room, and on the wall is this amazingly badass(and huge) drawing of his mask..

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of this? Would make a pretty sweet avatar..

Oh wow, just
Got back to the Hound Pits on my lethal playthrough, and I get to Corvo's room, and on the wall is this amazingly badass(and huge) drawing of his mask..

I don't suppose anyone has a picture of this? Would make a pretty sweet avatar..

Interestingly enough,
if you play low chaos that's actually a picture of Corvo's face rather than his mask.
Love those details.

It's now available also for x360, anyone has already tried it?

I was hoping to get my key from GMG before work so that I could try it out this morning, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'll hopefully get it tonight, and then I'll post impressions once I try it out.

Aucool

I was hoping to get my key from GMG before work so that I could try it out this morning, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'll hopefully get it tonight, and then I'll post impressions once I try it out.

I've no money on my pre-paid card and I'll recharge it tomorrow, then I'll post my opinions.

So I've only played the Backyard Brawl challenge so far, but it is SO MUCH FUN.

Seriously, this is awesome. Looking forward to trying the other challenges.

I'm interested in the length. Right now I'd like something that takes at least a couple of hours.

Well, I guess that totally depends on what you do with it. I'm guessing you could go once through all of the challenges in an hour or two (as there are both normal and expert versions of each challenge). The stealth ones take awhile. I spent about 30 minutes on one of the stealth missions, trying to steal everything possible. You get more points on those if no one ever sees you and if you never have to take anybody out.

The challenges really seem about trying to get good scores, so if that interests you, I could see a lot of gameplay hours coming out of it. If you're just interested in going through the challenges once or so, it would probably only be about an hour long (if that).

So far I've done three challenges. The one where you fight streams of enemies until you die is my favorite at this point. The games power's and variety to combat really make it entertaining. The stealth one was pretty fun, too.
You're in a giant mansion, and have to steal 6 objects and as much other crap as possible too. There's a bunch of secret rooms too, and the atmosphere is great.
I also played one where you have to blink around a map to certain random points as quickly as possible while a timer counts down. Your mana refills nearly instantly, so it becomes a match of blinking and precision. Really fun, in my opinion.

I've put about an hour in, and still have 7 more challenges to try as well as the expert versions of each.

Just did the first stealth assassination challenge and really enjoyed it. The mechanics of the game def. can be suited for a challenge mode type of set up even though I want more story. The art in this game is still some of the best of the year.

Played about an hour and a half of it this afternoon, got up to where you leave the sewer and go on the guy's boat. The rats are scary as hell. I threw a couple of bodies at them to try distracting them, but when I walked by they started chasing and attacking me anyway just to be dicks.

The crouching/leaning is going to take a while to get used to, but I always have trouble with it in first person games for some reason. Never feels like I'm actually crouched where I want to be.

Love the swimming.

Well, I'm at position 7 in the leaderboards for the expert version of Back Alley Brawl:

DqdFB.jpg

The scores are a lot crazier on the normal version, though. The top one was at over 600,000 I checked. I can't even break 100,000 even after about 30 minutes on the map.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of DLC, maybe the preorder DLC will get put on Steam sometime in 2013, ala the FO:NV preorder DLC.

Well, I guess that totally depends on what you do with it. I'm guessing you could go once through all of the challenges in an hour or two (as there are both normal and expert versions of each challenge). The stealth ones take awhile. I spent about 30 minutes on one of the stealth missions, trying to steal everything possible. You get more points on those if no one ever sees you and if you never have to take anybody out.

The challenges really seem about trying to get good scores, so if that interests you, I could see a lot of gameplay hours coming out of it. If you're just interested in going through the challenges once or so, it would probably only be about an hour long (if that).

So far I've done three challenges. The one where you fight streams of enemies until you die is my favorite at this point. The games power's and variety to combat really make it entertaining. The stealth one was pretty fun, too.
You're in a giant mansion, and have to steal 6 objects and as much other crap as possible too. There's a bunch of secret rooms too, and the atmosphere is great.
I also played one where you have to blink around a map to certain random points as quickly as possible while a timer counts down. Your mana refills nearly instantly, so it becomes a match of blinking and precision. Really fun, in my opinion.

I've put about an hour in, and still have 7 more challenges to try as well as the expert versions of each.

Hmm, sounds like you could get something out of this.
Will have to think about it.

Man, Bonfires is pretty much the best thing ever. You're dropped in a large area with a big beam of light ahead of you and a 30 second timer counting down. Every beam you hit will add more time, and they'll randomly respawn in one of seven (I think) fixed locations. You have to learn the quickest routes from every spawn point to every other spawn point, and then nail these amazing pinpoint Blinks and blind leaps every time. Grazing a beam and then just leaping out into space waiting for the next one to spawn so you can save yourself with a Blink at the last second never gets old. I'll never be the best stealther, and I find the thought of losing on the last level too horrifying to ever really enjoy a Horde Mode, but these Agility challenges are exactly what I wanted from this DLC. The controls in Dishonored are so fantastic, but the main game never lets you do insane four-Blink, 150m drop kills or just book through a whole level without worrying about stealthiness.

The game won't upload my results to the leaderboard, though, and I think it's because it detects my DishonoredEngine.ini file to be altered. I've only touched the line that disables the Bethesda logos on startup, though, which is a bit annoying. It's not like I'm going to be posting any worldbeating scores or anything, but I still want to show off a little. I'll try deleting the Bink files themselves and keeping the .ini original.

EDIT - Yep, you can just remove the files and the game's fine with it. It seems like if you alter the .ini at all you'll fail some kind of file integrity check and the game won't post your scores to the leaderboard, though.

So in the DLC do they give you all the powers maxed out or just certain powers that relate to challenge.

It's a specific loadout of powers and weapons for each challenge. Some of them give you a gun with one bullet and no sword, while in the combat ones you're pretty well stocked.

It's a specific loadout of powers and weapons for each challenge. Some of them give you a gun with one bullet and no sword, while in the combat ones you're pretty well stocked.

The chain kill puzzle one also has bonus rounds where you are given no weapons, and have to take out all of the enemies with only your powers and the environment. Pretty cool.

Ricker

This game is kinda hard at first...I am not crazy about how the controls are set up on the 360...I might start over though because I see the potential but man,if you get caught sneaking,the melee combat kinda blows and you die like in 2 hits from these guys...I didn't notice so far,but does the combat stop when you open up the wheel to change stuff?...I managed to do the extra quests from the granny in the distillery but it took me like 10 tries,because fighting against 5 guys on you is almost impossible...finally found a way to get by them with having to kill just one guy ...guess I have to get back in the groove of a sneak game...

Top Bottom