• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Arcteryx

Twitch is blocked here, what level of Lucky Charm do you have and what rarity items did you find?

I'd honestly be pretty bummed if my 9 Lucky Charm guy wasn't still finding crazy loot all the time. I get such a rush when I find them and identify them, haha.

I can't remember off-hand, but I think around 5 or 6. Rarity seems to always be epic or legendary.

ValfarHL

??

What happens if you make a deal with the Advocate? I did and I didn't notice anything.

Apparantly
he sacrificed a guy in a faraway dungeon to give you the source
The point is I wanted to get to three without doing something "bad".
And I managed, thanks to the tip above. :D
Also the
sacrified guy could've had something interesting to say later on

There is so many ways to the get those source points, both good, bad and grey-ish.

There is so many ways to the get those source points, both good, bad and grey-ish.

Act 2 Spoiler
I think
Jahan's demons
are pretty much the only 'good' way right?

The Succubus will try to murder you if you politely say no, and will mindcontrol her boo into also attacking you. Hannagh kills an entire section of forest, which isn't great either.

Pheace

Same here, I have 5 Thievery and 4 Sneaking and these bastards in Driftwood Square keep nabbing me. One day..

Pickpocket, Run. Pickpocket, Run.

That's really all that's to it, run the moment you're done. Stay away till they return to their routine and you're safe (~10-15seconds?)

Lanrutcon

Act 2 Spoiler
I think
Jahan's demons

The Succubus will try to murder you if you politely say no, and will mindcontrol her boo into also attacking you. Hannagh kills an entire section of forest, which isn't great either.

Nah. There are actually 2 you can get in "good" ways.

Pheace

I'm finishing Act 1 and with 6 lucky charm (1 from gear and 2 from booze) on every treasure room I can get at least 1 epic gear, so nothing to crazy so far. Also is there a cap for it?

Thievery should get nerfed IMO, or at least Larian should remove thievery gear.

How do you keep enough booze around? I was thinking of using it but drunk lasts a couple of seconds?

Tovarisc

Act 2 Spoiler
I think
Jahan's demons

Why
wouldn't you accept bargain given by Succubus? You help her to stay alive and in exchange she gives you some goodies. Hannagh doesn't kill section of forest, she kills every animal in whole world. If I understood that right.

"Good to gray" are
Jahan, Dwarf void worshipper and graveyard dude.

Lanrutcon

Why
wouldn't you accept bargain given by Succubus? You help her to stay alive and in exchange she gives you some goodies. Hannagh doesn't kill section of forest, she kills every animal in whole world. If I understood that right.

"Good to gray" are
Jahan, Dwarf void worshipper and graveyard dude.

Umm...

J:
Kills some demons. So, good.
M:
The entire game is about the void being bad. So, evil.
R:
Eats souls. Eats. Souls. Evil.
H:
Sucks the life from nature. At best, gray.
BEC:
Asks for nothing, gets you in touch with nature. So, good.
SCCBS:
Asks you to pop some baddies? At worst, gray.

cevion

So about that third source point in act 2..

They all came with drawbacks.. I for sure don't want to lose my PetPal ability doing it at Hannagh or something. I for sure don't want to make a deal with the Advocate. I could sacrifice the demons in Jahar's cage, but he gives a pretty cool summoning skill if you already have three poins when completing his quest.

I could maaybe do it at Ryker, and sacrifice a few farmers?

Or is there no way to get the third point without killing "innocents" or losing important abilities? :(

I have a question about the consequences for accepting the source points (Act 2 mainquest and character spoilers)
I ate Mordus heart for my first extra source point.
Then I helped Hannag (don't talk to her with your Pet Pal character when you complete the quest, as this will make Pet Pal unavailable for that character). Finally, I did Ryker's quest and went through with saying "yes" to the source even though I was already at 3/3. I already have both the "hero" and the "villain" tag. Anybody know if the Ryder "ritual" messes with something later in game? If it has serious consequences I'll reload, it was only about 11k exp and a recipe.

Act 2 spoiler about a certain spider you meet, connected to the second character mentioned in the above spoiler, located in the spoiler's character's house:
I fed the spider human parts and accepted her quest (I guess it's the same quest as Ryker gives you, but updates your journal with more information). I pressed Ryker on the issue, but he just attacks me if I try to get information more than one time. Once I killed him I tried again in his spirit form, but he wouldn't give it up. Is there something I could have done differently to learn about his "promise"?

Thanks in advance!

Umm...

J:
M:
R:
H:
BEC:
SCCBS:

Which one is BEC?

Act 2 spoiler about a certain spider you meet, connected to the second character mentioned in the above spoiler, located in the spoiler's character's house:
I fed the spider human parts and accepted her quest (I guess it's the same quest as Ryker gives you, but updates your journal with more information). I pressed Ryker on the issue, but he just attacks me if I try to get information more than one time. Once I killed him I tried again in his spirit form, but he wouldn't give it up. Is there something I could have done differently to learn about his "promise"?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know of a different method but I assume the "promise" is the same promise you hear about from a lot of other characters in Act 2- the Covenant.

Venfayth

Act 2 spoilers related to the source point discussion:

I really want to know what happens if you turn them all down. I ended up helping the succubus and the elf girl, but in both cases I wasn't completely pleased, as it seems no matter what you do you're accepting otherworldly help to get more power.

Act 2 spoilers related to the source point discussion:

I really want to know what happens if you turn them all down. I ended up helping the succubus and the elf girl, but in both cases I wasn't completely pleased, as it seems no matter what you do you're accepting otherworldly help to get more power.

Don't know what happens but Malady said you could talk to her about proceeding if, for some reason, you couldn't do what the Meistr requests of you. So presumably you proceed on somehow.

I wonder if they force ghost vision on you somehow. Seems like it would make things super difficult to proceed without it.

Blind Elf Chick(tm)

This game has a MILLION THINGS TO SPOIL.

Ah, totally forgot she gives you a Source Point.

Eyeh4wk

How do you keep enough booze around? I was thinking of using it but drunk lasts a couple of seconds?

Yeah, I save beer for rooms with at least 4+ containers and keep all the empty cups/bottles to fill later.

I'm at 9 lucky charm now, and I feel it's not procing as much, maybe the nerf works :(

Edit: Also body loot are fixed and dont proc Lucy charm

Im still on the fence about this game. Is the story good? Ive heard the gamespot review but it doesnt really talk about story much.

I typically am not interested in CRPG games, so it is important to me if the story is good.

Im still on the fence about this game. Is the story good? Ive heard the gamespot review but it doesnt really talk about story much.

Pretty good.

Ymmv on the storytelling because in co op especially it can be too chaotic by design to always know whats going on, but the writing has improved and is still full of personality etc. It's not really the Avellone touch, Larian's team have just stepped up their game this time around (imo).

I haven't finished it yet so I don't know if it falls to pieces but after 40hrs it has a compelling hook and keeps me interested.

The Gamespot review (print form at least) lavished the story with praise.

Yes, it's really good. Takes a little while to get going and get you invested though. But when it kicks in the game does a remarkable job of tying almost every single minor quest into a larger framework. When you start to see the different pieces clicking together in Act 2 its really cool.

Tovarisc

Umm...

J:
M:
R:
H:
BEC:
SCCBS:

I forgot BEC, but true.

M
is debatable as you are consuming void being power / soul that is also based on Source. Something you need to grow on. Going Elf on that shit, kinda.

R, see M.

For me H
is evil option as she literally wants to kill every animal on face of planet just to give you more power

Lanrutcon

I typically am not interested in CRPG games, so it is important to me if the story is good.

Story is pretty good. What's better are the thousand and one little side stories. You're constantly finding weird shit to investigate and pursue.

I still don't know if the second crab was right about the first crab being a world destroying megabeast. I don't want to google it, so...next playthrough, I guess.

I forgot BEC, but true.

M
is debatable as you are consuming void being power / soul that is also based on Source. Something you need to grow on. Going Elf on that shit, kinda.

R, see M.

For me H
is evil option as she literally wants to kill every animal on face of planet just to give you more power

R: If you do what he does in-game, you earn the Villain tag. The game literally tells you you're doing evil :p

Eating the spirits of non-evil beings a few times earns you the Villain tag. Only took snacking on a few Paladins. Ryker was eating peasants to fuel his necromancy/slavery.

This is kinda OT but how approachable is Divine Divinity nowadays?

From a cursory glance it looks very like Diablo 2, which I enjoy but also kind the UI etc to be quite clunky nowwadays.

This is kinda OT but how approachable is Divine Divinity nowadays?

From a cursory glance it looks very like Diablo 2, which I enjoy but also kind the UI etc to be quite clunky nowwadays.

Plenty approachable IMO. It's clunky, sure, but the controls are really straight forward thanks to that Diablo 2 inspiration.

It is a bit of a challenge to start with though. Similar to OS1 and OS2 you are really squishy at the beginning so plan to teleport back frequently to rest, repair gear, etc.

The biggest issue (for me at least) was getting it to run at a framerate over 40 fps on modern machines. Installation of a WINE D3D wrapper solved it though.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Pickpocket, Run. Pickpocket, Run.

That's really all that's to it, run the moment you're done. Stay away till they return to their routine and you're safe (~10-15seconds?)

I wish I could get to that, but the majority of those merchants just interrupt my sneaking

Also, damn. Engaged the Driftwood Arena warriors by mistake and now they ded

Played for about 1 hour, the game is great. I'm loving it and a play more but I think that's better to just wait for the italian translation so I can enjoy it even more. It's really hard but I think I'll ask for a refund and buy it again after the translation is out.

Arkkoran

Unconfirmed Member
Heh, nice little Planescape reference:

Started a new coop game with a friend, when you play as Fane he gets off the slab and starts talking to the skull. Nothing major, but cute little moment.

Anyone have a low end GPU similar to the ATI 5770. That's what I'll be using to run it. Just wondering if I can expect to have playable(30fps) gameplay. I'm running an old Phenom II X4 965.

Stiler

So about to board to boat to finally leave the act 1 island and it tells me my open quests will all be closed, this surely isn't true right?

Cause I have a TON of quests that are open still and don't seem to lead anywhere to this island.

So about to board to boat to finally leave the act 1 island and it tells me my open quests will all be closed, this surely isn't true right?

Cause I have a TON of quests that are open still and don't seem to lead anywhere to this island.

It only cancels quests that have to be completed on that island. The other quests will carry forward.

Maximo

Umm...

J:
M:
R:
H:
BEC:
SCCBS:

Yo wut I completly missed a source master quest! This game man always something I bloody missed, didn't know about the SCCBS.

Lanrutcon

I'm actually going to make level 22 before the end dungeon! Act 4 has a surprising amount of large battles. And hidden doors. So many hidden doors. It's my least favorite act though. The city drops my 1070's fps to like, 25.

Arkanius

I feel like shit. I'm cheesing the final fight of Act I.
I'm basically doing hits and run. It's impossible otherwise in Tactician. My party gets destroyed

Hey guys, installing the game. Did not play the first and I haven't played a game like this in at least a decade (maybe ever?). Any tips/tricks, or things I should be aware of? Or just get into it completely blind?

Anno

One thing I hope Larian address if they do another Kickstarter is the shipping situation. Got notice that my CE shipped on September 12th and it just arrived today.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Hey guys, installing the game. Did not play the first and I haven't played a game like this in at least a decade (maybe ever?). Any tips/tricks, or things I should be aware of? Or just get into it completely blind?

Every encounter is hard, so dust off your turn based magic. Get a bedroll. Learn Sneaking and Thievery, money is scarce here. Get a ranger. Game has an almost unprecedented amount of interactivity, so experiment away with your surroundings

I'd recommend not reading a guide and just adventuring for yourself, but general tips can help a lot:

• Acquire a bed roll. It will let your whole party heal out of combat, between encounters.
  • Pet Pal is an amazing talent. Highly consider taking it on your character. It lets you talk to animals, which is as awesome as it sounds.
  • Your first priority after landing (you will understand) is recruiting a full party of 4, and equipping everyone with whatever gear you can get. Explore, steal, or trade your way through your environment, and uncover everything possible; it all helps.
  • There is a full respec available for your party after act 1, so don't sweat minor build mistakes. And at the same time, don't feel locked into your initial "class"--you can always adapt!
  • Be creative! Original Sin is founded on the idea of solving encounters or obstacles however you want. If you can think it, you can probably do it.
And on origins vs. non-origins, the former gives some cool story stuff that is deeper and more personal on your main character, but companions' own origins will give you a glimpse into theirs. So, do whatever you like best. Don't worry about perfection--be yourself!

Is All in the Famiy bugged as hell?

Got the
two pieces from the Crypt + the Bloodmoon Vault but Tarquin won't accept them. Can't combine them either

Arkkoran

Unconfirmed Member
One thing I hope Larian address if they do another Kickstarter is the shipping situation. Got notice that my CE shipped on September 12th and it just arrived today.

Same. Plus, the steam code that came with mine is already used...

Why

Act 2 Spoilers
I already had my third source point, and I was kinda in a relationship of sorts with Sebille. My Lohse had no interest sleeping with someone other than her. I even helped the Succubus out, then said 'I cleared all this ahead you're free to go'. Then she said 'eh you know what I am I'm going to murder you now'. No way out of it. So she's definitely evil.

Top Bottom