• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Truant

Playing this now. All fights are basically a bunch of dudes on fire. Seriously, why is everything on fire all the time.

Tovarisc

Act 2 Spoilers
I already had my third source point, and I was kinda in a relationship of sorts with Sebille. My Lohse had no interest sleeping with someone other than her. I even helped the Succubus out, then said 'I cleared all this ahead you're free to go'. Then she said 'eh you know what I am I'm going to murder you now'. No way out of it. So she's definitely evil.

Then DOS2 nicely contradicts itself if that literally is the case in that spot.

Act 2 Spoilers
I already had my third source point, and I was kinda in a relationship of sorts with Sebille. My Lohse had no interest sleeping with someone other than her. I even helped the Succubus out, then said 'I cleared all this ahead you're free to go'. Then she said 'eh you know what I am I'm going to murder you now'. No way out of it. So she's definitely evil.

Weird, I managed to persuade her peacefully. She's even staying on the ship right now.

As mentioned by Lanrutcon in the previous page, there are two good Source Masters.

JC Sera

Is All in the Famiy bugged as hell?

Got the
two pieces from the Crypt + the Bloodmoon Vault but Tarquin won't accept them. Can't combine them either
I had a bug similar where
I couldnt find Tarquin after getting both halves
I looked it up online and solution that worked was:
• Warp to lady vengance
• Take the boat to the shore
• Take the boat again back to the lady vengance
hopefully that will fix your problem too

I feel like shit. I'm cheesing the final fight of Act I.
I'm basically doing hits and run. It's impossible otherwise in Tactician. My party gets destroyed

If you're still having trouble, try
teleporting Alexander as far up the steps as you can (past the Shriekers) and you should be able to kill him before the rest of the group gets there. A couple of them won't even come up that far.

JohnCYQ

So I watched a stream of the game a few days ago, and in Act 4
there was this part with a Lucian statue who can grant permanent flight to a character that meets all its requirements, first 2 being not stealing and not killing innocents.

Anyone knows how the 2nd requirement works? Are you stained/impure the moment you are in a fight with an innocent NPC (like vendors) or do you have do deal the killing blow? What about party member that did not participate in the fights?

Also, what are the other requirements?

Xyber

Act 2 Spoilers

As mentioned above, I have her on my ship right now as well. She sold me an amazing shield as well today. :D

Arkanius

If you're still having trouble, try
teleporting Alexander as far up the steps as you can (past the Shriekers) and you should be able to kill him before the rest of the group gets there. A couple of them won't even come up that far.

I ended up doing the maximum cheese
Killed an archer. The Worm showed up. Ran away, let them fight. The worm killed everyone

Lost lots of XP this way. It's going to bite me in the ass in the future

Weird, I managed to persuade her peacefully. She's even staying on the ship right now.

As mentioned by Lanrutcon in the previous page, there are two good Source Masters.

As mentioned above, I have her on my ship right now as well. She sold me an amazing shield as well today. :D

Did you guys
have sex with her?

If not I guess it bugged out for me or I just said the wrong thing at some point. There wasn't even a persuasion check which is why I didn't even reload the conversation, figured that was just the way it went.

I ended up doing the maximum cheese
Killed an archer. The Worm showed up. Ran away, let them fight. The worm killed everyone

Lost lots of XP this way. It's going to bite me in the ass in the future

I didn't even know that was possible. I thought it only showed up once
Alexander was dead.

spad3

Question.

Has anyone
talked to/taken down that ice dragon
on the first island?

If so, how bad is it and what level were you when you approached.

Thinking of taking on that sucker before heading to Act 2

Tovarisc

Question.

Has anyone
on the first island?

Talk with him.

I don't remember what level I was, but I left it to towards tail end of Act 1 as part of clean up of harder content.

sadblob

Question.

Has anyone
on the first island?

So, you are about to go to the 2nd act and you didn't
do the dragon's quest? You missed a very cool moment.

I actually never met
the dragon in Act 1
haha, and I thought I did everything there before I left it. Goes to show the replayability of this game.

spad3

wait there's a what in act 1 now?

Yes.
There's a huge fucking ice dragon in Act 1 on the island with stupid amounts of Armor and HP.

Talk with him.

I don't remember what level I was, but I left it to towards tail end of Act 1 as part of clean up of harder content.

I'll need to
get Pet Pal or hire Ifan to take care of this. Need 1 more level to get the skill and go back to do the rest of the animal related quests.

So, you are about to go to the 2nd act and you didn't
do the dragon's quest? You missed a very cool moment.

I haven't moved on to Act 2 yet. I'm cleaning up around the first island and noticed
the big fucking ice dragon sleeping.

I actually never
met the dragon in Act 1
haha, and I thought I did everything there before I left it. Goes to show the replayability of this game.

Spoiler tag please! But yes, there's a LOT hidden in this game.

Genryu

Banned
Yes.
There's a huge fucking ice dragon in Act 1 on the island with stupid amounts of Armor and HP.

I'll need to
get Pet Pal or hire Ifan to take care of this. Need 1 more level to get the skill and go back to do the rest of the animal related quests.

I haven't moved on to Act 2 yet. I'm cleaning up around the first island and noticed

You don't need
Pet Pal to talk to the Dragon.

Did you guys
have sex with her?

If not I guess it bugged out for me or I just said the wrong thing at some point. There wasn't even a persuasion check which is why I didn't even reload the conversation, figured that was just the way it went.

Not necessarily. Somewhat. But yeah, that was the only way to convince her.

sadblob

I used the wrong words, I meant to ask if you had already done the final battle of Act 1. Don't wanna spoil what happens, but you should definitely talk to him.

On the other hand, I wouldn't call this in particular as hidden or hard to find. I mean, it's an obvious part of the map to look.

spad3

I used the wrong words, I meant to ask if you had already done the final battle of Act 1. Don't wanna spoil what happens, but you should definitely talk to him.

On the other hand, I wouldn't call this in particular as hidden or hard to find. I mean, it's an obvious part of the map to look.

I finished the final fight with
Alex and Friends plus Worm.
which is why my buddy and I are back-tracking closing off quests. Still need to find the full
Tyrant Armor Set.

What am I supposed to do with this puzzle? Can't find the lever.
VR2sPgO.jpg

First time playing a real CRPG like this. I was way into JRPGs on consoles back in the day that this shit was in style. A couple of hours in, this game seems really fucking cool. I just want to do a bunch of battles, 'cause they are so fucking fun. Playing on normal difficulty, but figure I might have to drop down to easy later if it gets too hard for a newb like myself. We'll see.

I am impressed with how good it feels with a controller. Was playing with M/K for the first while, just switched over to see out of curiosity, and I definitely prefer it. Gonna have to hook my PC up to the TV for some 4K action now that I see it plays so well with a controller.

spad3

Southeast

Damn, you missed the cool moment then. Good luck with the
tyrant set, there's one part in particular that's a bitch to find.

FUCKKK DON'T TELL ME THAT!
DOES THE DRAGON FUCKIN SWOOP IN AND HELP KILL THE WORM?!?!! IF SO I NEED TO REPLAY IT

And which part of
the set is the hard one? I found one that was pretty fucking annoying, had to use his ring, get cursed, bring the ring back to the Armory and then cleanse myself.

DOES THE DRAGON FUCKIN SWOOP IN AND HELP KILL THE WORM?!?!! IF SO I NEED TO REPLAY IT

And which part of
the set is the hard one? I found one that was pretty fucking annoying, had to use his ring, get cursed, bring the ring back to the Armory and then cleanse myself.

If you equip the full set, you won't be cursed.

sadblob

And which part of

There's a part that requires
having 15 wit when interacting with a specific non obvious object. I found it purely by luck, was leveling wit from the beginning because I knew it was perception from OS1 and it helped find hidden stuff.

Man I know what the
jars
I found are, but I really can't decide on what to do? Is there a better guide for these?

You have three options with them
- Absorb them for Source point recharge
- Destroy the Jar to let them go
- Let them go but keep the jar (to sell haha)

Just like in OS1, there are a lot of useless civil skills and not enough civil skills to put points into.

Isn't retribution combat? Or are you speaking to its uselessness all the same?

I was a bit aloof and put 3 points into it on my tank on tacticion. Can't wait to respec and have that character be a bit more effective.

Genryu

Banned
Nah, figures. I really like the concept of retribution too but ah well. Maybe they'll buff it in a patch.

Oh, I should try that. Do you have leech as well or no?

Yeah, I also have weapons that give me lifestealing as well. Anything that keeps my health up while I'm taking beatings.

tumblr_mlpb4wV0TU1rcka0bo1_400.gif

Fort Joy Spoilers: That feeling when you
kill a bunch of magisters dragging a child away, then you rescue a guy later only to find out you murdered the people helping prisoners escape
;_;

There's so much that's very much optional within even Fort Joy. I can't even imagine what comes after. Such a huge step from the first game. Especially in regards to skillset etc. I went warfare, necromancer and Hydro route as I've been testing new stuff out but generally wanted a utility based bruiser character to supplement our group. The hybridized spells are really cool. The blood rain and then being able to absorb it has been awesome on top of everything else.

Also Rogues aren't the bastard class anymore. Really happy as a friend went rogue for our playthrough, and based on the first game I advised him against it. (Positioning was so hit and miss in the first) I still feel it may end up being weaker in terms of overall flexibility. But so far it's been much better

Top Bottom