• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Question about Lohse's story in Act 2
So a demon can possess two people simultaneously? Evidently the demon is possessing Dr Daeva while also possessing Lohse at the same time? Not sure I've ever encountered that before.

Guys what am I God damn missing.

I have two daggers that give me skills from scoundrel. Both skills disappear from my skill memory menu. But if I remove them from my memory preemptively and get something else, then equip the weapon with the Skills, they appear on my bar but they are blacked out saying I haven't memorized them.

Guys what am I God damn missing.

I have two daggers that give me skills from scoundrel. Both skills disappear from my skill memory menu. But if I remove them from my memory preemptively and get something else, then equip the weapon with the Skills, they appear on my bar but they are blacked out saying I haven't memorized them.

Skills from items don't need to be memorized. You get them for free. They should be listed on the bottom of the skills page for item-specific skills.

sadblob

Wait, I didn't know this part. There's more NPCs tied with those jars? What Act are they found in?

Act 1
can't remember exactly where. It's a cave with a huge door on the inside, and the three "people" linked to the jars are there playing cards or something.

Skills from items don't need to be memorized. You get them for free. They should be listed on the bottom of the skills page for item-specific skills.
That's the thing they aren't appearing. Which is the more puzzling because now I'm essentially blocked from using my skills

Edit: found a workaround. Equip the skills on memory, equip items, that erases them from memory counter and equip two other skills and youll have them all.

I really do feel strongly about the accuracy of this image in regards to all the combat I have been in thus far.

c4jt321.png

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Im having a rough time at the end of act 1

it's the fight at the wharf where the void worm appears. My party is currently level 6, and I'm pretty sure I've explored the whole island. I got the second purge wand, and removed all the shriekers so I can start the fight from the top. But it is still kicking my ass. Should I be able to do this at level 6? Any tips?

Ryzaki009

This final fight is complete BS.

A spammable debuff that's not resistible? Come on Larian. Add that to the character being overly mobile and it's complete nonsense.

Not to mention I ATE his soul yet somehow that gets completely ignored for this bs?

Ourobolus

Banned
Escaped
the Fort
in Act 1.

I played the original game a ton, but man I feel like I'm constantly fighting to be on par with enemies. I'm Level 6 now and man, fights are HARD. Hopefully it gets slightly easier. Debating going back and killing all the monks in the hope that I get better gear.

Sarcasm

I really need to get over the if one dude dies, game over.

I usually reload -.-

Honor mode you only have one save and you lose it if everybody dies right? May do that for the four man party run.

Playing dual lone wolves in tactician right now.

Burt

it's the fight at the wharf where the void worm appears. My party is currently level 6, and I'm pretty sure I've explored the whole island. I got the second purge wand, and removed all the shriekers so I can start the fight from the top. But it is still kicking my ass. Should I be able to do this at level 6? Any tips?

If you're close to leveling, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go back and try to find a few more places to squeeze some XP out of, whether it's through fighting, exploration, or random quests. One thing about this game is that there's almost always more to do.

As for the fight itself, I think the easiest way to handle things is to
back off once the void worm appears and get yourself and your team healed up. In my experience, once it pops Alexander and crew don't mess with you unless it's something like an attack of opportunity, and the void worm is particularly prone to attacking multiple targets in its vicinity. So, when you start the fight, Alexander, gheist, and co. are going to rush in and meet your melee. The void worm'll eventually pop and hit the clustered characters. When that happens, teleporting/tactical retreating away from the courtyard while the enemy handles the void worm is effective. If one of your guys gets KO'd,
just rez them as far away as possible. You can even get lucky and have the polymorph up top teleport your characters to the far side of the arena near the docks occasionally.

Bluth54

I would try to level up to at least 7. One cheesy suggestion is that if you have the teleport gloves you can teleport the monster away from the main group and to your party without drawing aggro from the humans. Just teleport the monster, kill it and engage the humans (by teleporting one away so the rest have to come to you).

So far, Act 3 has been a breeze for me. Sebille ranger just wrecks everything apart. 1 shot is enough to destroy anyone's armor, even the tanks or bosses. She could rip at least two targets' armor on her first turn, then my melee fighter will proceed with knocking them down out of the battle. On Sebille's 2nd turn, she usually cleans up everything that's not dead yet with 8AP at her disposal, thanks to the Executioner talent. The enemies could barely move.

Lanrutcon

what is the top OP warfare, hunter, summoner, and magic build?

I wanna kick shit in on classic

Human or Elf.
Enough Hunter to learn whatever abilities you need
2 points of Shapeshifting.
Max Warfare, then max Ranged, then max Hunting.
Get 2 points of Scoundrel for Adrenaline at some point.
Max Finesse.
Wear a crossbow, stick to high places.
Wear a socketed amulet with +crit runes.
Socket your crossbow with +physical.
Use magic arrows to murder high physical armor targets as they convert your damage to an element.

Mothman91

Act IV Painting question.....:

Where is Responsibility???

edit:

Never fuckign mind, I moved it. no wonder I couldn't find it holy shit.

what is the top OP warfare, hunter, summoner, and magic build?

I wanna kick shit in on classic

Just Hunter. I have a hunter/Necro. Ill start off summoning bone widow. Jump to high ground and get 130% damage boost and kill most enemies in one turn.

I hear a Dragon Knight is quite OP. Shield and wand combo. Stack intelligence and warfare.

cevion

Hey, anybody checked out this mod yet? Bard and Artificer Skillpack by Bardblue
It adds two classes, Bard and Artificer, and supposedly 50+ skills.

It seems a little buggy at the moment but I really think it's a cool idea. Can't wait to see where this goes, or what other dope mods people create.

edit: Ah shit, Fane's quest is stuck (act 2, B
lackpits
)/A
ncient
T
emple
spoilers
Apparently HE needs to be the one to initiate the conversation with the eternal. I had my tank do it. When I talk to Fane he still says he has business in the Blackpits, but I already cleared that place out. That was so many hours ago. Fuuck.
Anybody know of a solution? (other than reloading a 10+ hours old save? :( ) I will accept any way possible.. I'm desperate.

Alexious

So, I'm now level 13 with my party playing at Classic mode but I'm getting destroyed almost everywhere. It's not just a matter of tactics, rather the fact that enemies hit twice as hard as my party members. I'm not just talking about the most powerful boss characters either.
For example, even the Magisters about to execute the family of the Sourcerer near the Blackpits absolutely destroy me. The Brute alone with a single Battle Stomp can eat through the whole physical armor and about half vitality of my party.

Any tips on where to do and perhaps where to get nice gear for this level?

ValfarHL

So, I'm now level 13 with my party playing at Classic mode but I'm getting destroyed almost everywhere. It's not just a matter of tactics, rather the fact that enemies hit twice as hard as my party members. I'm not just talking about the most powerful boss characters either.
For example, even the Magisters about to execute the family of the Sourcerer near the Blackpits absolutely destroy me. The Brute alone with a single Battle Stomp can eat through the whole physical armor and about half vitality of my party.

Aren't they level 15?? I was level 17 when I killed them.

If you're only 13 there's a shitload of other stuff to get your level up.

Explore everything, talk to everyone.

Edit: I misunderstood where you meant, but my point still stands. :D

Sounds like you're undergeared, particularly in the armor department. I've had a few spikes like that on Classic and usually I just needed to do more looting/trading/stealing before I got back in the fight. Lucky charm helps a bunch (not sure how it is post-nerf though.)

Leezard

Just Hunter. I have a hunter/Necro. Ill start off summoning bone widow. Jump to high ground and get 130% damage boost and kill most enemies in one turn.

I hear a Dragon Knight is quite OP. Shield and wand combo. Stack intelligence and warfare.

Is it really good? Warfare only increases physical damage, and wands deal elemental damage. What is that character's primary purpose?

ValfarHL

Sounds like you're undergeared, particularly in the armor department. I've had a few spikes like that on Classic and usually I just needed to do more looting/trading/stealing before I got back in the fight. Lucky charm helps a bunch (not sure how it is post-nerf though.)

I'm level 17 and I seem to find mostly lvl 13 gear with lucky charm. :( It might scale to the level of enemies in the area. Either way, it's become pretty useless for me. Good thing I already have 170000 gold :D

Lanrutcon

There are several camps and lone traders in Chapter 2.

Driftwood, the elf camp, the lumber mill, the stranded traders in the north, every source master, at least 2 NPCs on your ship, and several NPCs scattered across the map. Gearing should not be a problem if you have the $$$.

Little hint for that fight, btw: you can complete it from the cliffs above. No need to go down and give the enemy a chance to fight back.

I'm level 17 and I seem to find mostly lvl 13 gear with lucky charm. :( It might scale to the level of enemies in the area. Either way, it's become pretty useless for me. Good thing I already have 170000 gold :D

There is a lot of chatter on forums that Lucky Charm is not delivering but to be honest, I've never found gear more than 2 levels below my character level. Most of the purples in my party have come from the skill. Maybe it's just the RNG being kind to me?

So how is it exactly people are defining Acts? Everything appears to be chapters unless I have overlooked something. Unless that is what people are referring to?

ValfarHL

Act 2 Spoiler
I think
Jahan's demons
are pretty much the only 'good' way right?

The Succubus will try to murder you if you politely say no, and will mindcontrol her boo into also attacking you. Hannagh kills an entire section of forest, which isn't great either.

No, the good ones are
the lost sourceress in a house up north east, who wants you to kill a demon further north and the captured blind elf at the saw mill.

Now this is what I consider good. Your milage may vary. :p

I did
Jahan's demons after already getting three source points for a cool summoning spell for my rogue

ValfarHL

There is a lot of chatter on forums that Lucky Charm is not delivering but to be honest, I've never found gear more than 2 levels below my character level. Most of the purples in my party have come from the skill. Maybe it's just the RNG being kind to me?

Before they patched it I found mostly gear my own level. It's either RNG or it scales according to the area you pick them up in. Guess I'll find out when I leave for act 3.

Seeing as there is a big patch coming next week, should I wait with act 4 until it drops? I read so many places that it's very bugged, but act 3 is OK, no?

cevion

Ah shit, Fane's quest is stuck (act 2, B
lackpits
)/A
ncient
T
emple
spoilers
Apparently HE needs to be the one to initiate the conversation with the eternal. I had my tank do it. When I talk to Fane he still says he has business in the Blackpits, but I already cleared that place out. That was so many hours ago. Fuuck.
Anybody know of a solution? (other than reloading a 10+ hours old save? :( ) I will accept any way possible.. I'm desperate.

Bumping out of desperation. Anyone know how to get around this without reloading? Guess I'll have to do the latter, huh? Damn, I got so many good pink items since then. I don't want to part with them and replay all those hours :/

Lanrutcon

Bumping out of desperation. Anyone know how to get around this without reloading? Guess I'll have to do the latter, huh? Damn, I got so many good pink items since then. I don't want to part with them and all dat playtime :(

Yeah, you always want the character with the quest or quest item to initiate the dialogue. This goes for everyone and everything.

Sorry, man :(

cevion

Yeah, you always want the character with the quest or quest item to initiate the dialogue. This goes for everyone and everything.

Sorry, man :(

I figured. I just thought he was supposed to interact with the A
ncient
T
ablets
since he mentioned something when I interacted with them (IIRC). Didn't connect that he had to talk to the e
ternal
, now in hindsight it makes sense I guess. I just think since he was there, he should have butted in on the dialogue. At the time, I couldn't figure out that that was his quest, since he wasn't very clear on what his "business" was (maybe I was tired or missed something)

He was even in on the little "!" dialogue after the big battle.

I initiated Sebille's quests with R
ook
with someone else, and her questline worked out fine (Sebille is my MC though).

Enough whining from me. Reload it is. Thanks man, I'll keep that in mind!

That fight can be hard. But you are pretty low level, the boss is lvl8 and his flunkies are 7. I beat it at lvl7. Being underleveled hurts in this game. There should be a couple of things you can do. The Gargoyle maze
near the winter area
, the
dragon/witch
, the
armoury where you saved Gareth
. You can also go back and kill some magisters in the fort.

Escaped
the Fort
in Act 1.

I played the original game a ton, but man I feel like I'm constantly fighting to be on par with enemies. I'm Level 6 now and man, fights are HARD. Hopefully it gets slightly easier. Debating going back and killing all the monks in the hope that I get better gear.

That area has some difficult battles. In general you want to check the level of your enemies. If you are lower level, its better to evade them or go to a different area. Positioning is very important, especially for your ranged heroes. So if you can setup before a fight, put your archers and mages on high ground.
You can also go back to the fort, you probably missed something as there are multiple ways to escape.

Nete

Act 2, that was a cute Kirill homage.

I miss him tho. The new composer has done a great job (even oustanding at times), but most of the time I have the feeling that there's something wrong or lacking on the music. Filling those giant boots isn't easy at all.

Nyx

I'm a sucker for Undead characters so wanted to start like that till I noticed the warning. Rerolled as human and played for an hour, but now I'm doubting if I should have started as an Undead after all.

Suggestions?

Lanrutcon

I'm a sucker for Undead characters so wanted to start like that till I noticed the warning. Rerolled as human and played for an hour, but now I'm doubting if I should have started as an Undead after all.

Suggestions?

Undead are fun. Didn't have any issues with their downsides.

Tovarisc

I really do feel strongly about the accuracy of this image in regards to all the combat I have been in thus far.

c4jt321.png

Just wait until most of combat has cursed fire instead of regular fire.

So how is it exactly people are defining Acts? Everything appears to be chapters unless I have overlooked something. Unless that is what people are referring to?

New major area, e.g. Fort Joy proper and that island, is new Act.

ValfarHL

Suggestions?

I've played with Fane as my main and am now almost done with act 2.

He's my tank with some necro skills, and it's no problem keeping him alive.
A bit later in the game you get skills that restore both physical and magical armor.
Give him some necro life stealing and you're golden.

Playing as undead gives some fun conversations. :)

Only a few hrs in but holy shit is this game addicting. Just exploring Fort Joy and the surrounding area is a blast and have been super impressed with the writing and voice acting. I have my standard party squared away but curious how / when i should branch out to other skills.

Ifan - geo / pyro. Should i put pts in summoning for additional damage?
Fane - 2h / warfare - pts in necro for sustain? Poly for utlilty?
Sebille - dual / scoundrel - warfare for damage? Poly for mobility?
Lohse - water / air - necro for damage?

So many choices!

ValfarHL

Only a few hrs in but holy shit is this game addicting. Just exploring Fort Joy and the surrounding area is a blast and have been super impressed with the writing and voice acting. I have my standard party squared away but curious how / when i should branch out to other skills.

Ifan - geo / pyro. Should i put pts in summoning for additional damage?
Fane - 2h / warfare - pts in necro for sustain? Poly for utlilty?
Sebille - dual / scoundrel - warfare for damage? Poly for mobility?
Lohse - water / air - necro for damage?

So many choices!

Summoners are great. Especially helpful in the beginning. If you do go summoning, get it to 10 asap, with leveling and +summoning gear.

I actually played almost all of act 1 with 2 summoners. :D

kionedrik

It adds two classes, Bard and Artificer, and supposedly 50+ skills.

It seems a little buggy at the moment but I really think it's a cool idea. Can't wait to see where this goes, or what other dope mods people create.

Part of me is still hopeful that a future Enhanced Edition will have the Bard class. For the most part summoner doesn't feel like a major class, especially considering there were already summons in the first game, and it doesn't play that differently from any other casting class. Bard would be a much better class to have imo.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Everybody talking about act numbers, does the game actually define these acts? If not, how are people sure they're talking about the same thing when they refer to acts? Very confusing.

Top Bottom