• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Nete

Help, I can't stop rerolling chars once I reach the city.

I'm not really feeling any of them. I guess I can always try the CC mage I used on the first game, although that's quite nerfed for what I've seen.

Anno

So did Kickstarter (or maybe all EA folks) get the Divine Ascension DLC for free? It's showing up in my client.

Lanrutcon

Save manually. The auto saves are broken. Loaded a quicksave, played for 30 minutes, and then tried loading an auto save. It hadn't autosaved since loading the quicksave. Meanwhile before the quicksave, it was autosaving constantly.

Also: bow range is now complete garbage, and Guerrilla doesn't work with ranged skills making it pretty bad.

Artanisix

Save manually. The auto saves are broken. Loaded a quicksave, played for 30 minutes, and then tried loading an auto save. It hadn't autosaved since loading the quicksave. Meanwhile before the quicksave, it was autosaving constantly.

Also: bow range is now complete garbage, and Guerrilla doesn't work with ranged skills making it pretty bad.

i was gonna make a ranger, is it not worth?

I finally settled on a party my first game I screwed up and made half the followers fighters. This time I've got a witch a ranger an Inquisitor and Cleric.

Unai

I've played the first game on Classic Mode and now I'm starting on Tactician Mode. I hope I won't regret it!

JC Sera

Very underwhelming atm. Might as well just throw knives or shields or spells at people.
I'm probably going to make a ranger/hydrophist/summoner combo

ranger+hydrophist for healing
ranger+summon for elemental summons of choice

would that be viable?

(maybe throw in a point or two of polymorph for wings)

Labadal

Having a little bit over 3 hours played. Time to call it quits and go to sleep. I love the game. Combat is fun. Voice acting is solid enough. The writing is certainl better than in the first game. The UI is good. Soundtrack is solid. I'm going to play this till my eyes bleed, tomorrow. Just got to get through work.

CSJ

Where do you find/swap part members if you dismiss them for someone else?
Tried my darned best to figure it out and look on google :(

Lanrutcon

I'm probably going to make a ranger/hydrophist/summoner combo

ranger+hydrophist for healing
ranger+summon for elemental summons of choice

would that be viable?

(maybe throw in a point or two of polymorph for wings)

Seems kinda unnecessary. I mean, splitting yourself between int and finesse leaves both weakened. Drop the ranger part, make a pure caster, deal ranged damage with wands instead. Is there a particular reason you want to wear a bow/crossbow?

Also, it just occurred to me: with the bow/crossbow range nerf, why the hell use special arrows over grenades then? unless they nerfed grenade range into the ground...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got home from work to find that steam hasn't even started downloading the full version

-____________-

JC Sera

Seems kinda unnecessary. I mean, splitting yourself between int and finesse leaves both weakened. Drop the ranger part, make a pure caster, deal ranged damage with wands instead. Is there a particular reason you want to wear a bow/crossbow?

Also, it just occurred to me: with the bow/crossbow range nerf, why the hell use special arrows over grenades then? unless they nerfed grenade range into the ground...
I played ranger in D:OS and absolutely loved it, any time I found alrunae I would jump for joy cause I could craft charm arrows.
I like all the ranger skills (tho I will never get over charm being moved to necromancy ;-; double charm on one turn was so fun) and they synergize even better in DOS:2 with hydrophist healing.
I never got into pure caster it just doesn't appeal to me.
Having both the option for arrows and grenades is preferred, seeing as they are both limited use items.

Does anyone know where Beast is? I want him in my party but I cant find him in town. I thought he'd be hanging around with the other dwarf by the fire.

Lanrutcon

good to know, also what difficulty are you playing on?

Rolling normal characters over and over until a build clicks. Then maybe go higher.

Invisibility, stealth and play dead are weird. They interact with each other and with NPCs in odd and fascinating ways. Go invisible, grab an apple, immediately get caught. Ok? Go stealth, grab an apple, stand there until stealth wears off, wait for the npc to wake up, get harassed. Right. Do whatever the fuck you want, angry mob turns on you, play dead, crowd forgets you exist, stand up, walk away like a boss. What?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just got home from work, excited. Downloaded the update, hurriedly booted the game.

Then the dread set in heavily.

Ah, Character Creator, my greatest enemy.

I'm just going to build something random.

kionedrik

Rolling normal characters over and over until a build clicks. Then maybe go higher.

Invisibility, stealth and play dead are weird. They interact with each other and with NPCs in odd and fascinating ways. Go invisible, grab an apple, immediately get caught. Ok? Go stealth, grab an apple, stand there until stealth wears off, wait for the npc to wake up, get harassed. Right. Do whatever the fuck you want, angry mob turns on you, play dead, crowd forgets you exist, stand up, walk away like a boss. What?

Or just throw the apple on the ground after stealing it, get searched by the owner, he finds nothing and goes on his way, pick up apple and move on.
You can just run far away after stealing/pickpocketing an item. The owner will not pursue very far.

How does armor work? Like style-wise. Does each race get a unique variant on the same set of armor or what? So far I'm looking at elven character creation and they all wear leaves.

Does anyone know where Beast is?...

He's
West of the fort, in the water working on a boat. Near the crocadillians if you've run into them.

In case anyone is curious, Fane is
in the 'hidden' area to the east of the opening beach before you enter fort joy proper. Near some poison on the ground and vines to climb up

edit:

How does armor work? Like style-wise. Does each race get a unique variant on the same set of armor or what? So far I'm looking at elven character creation and they all wear leaves.

Humans and dwarves seem to have the same/similar armor from what I've seen. Elves and Lizards each have their own style. Undead follow whatever their race is for armor.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So how does re-joining co-op work, anyone know? Say my friends and I play three hours tonight and then quit out. Where is our game state saved? When they rejoin next time will they have all their inventory automatically?

Ryzaki009

Very underwhelming atm. Might as well just throw knives or shields or spells at people.

Ugh good thing I threw points into summoning for Ifan because of his wolf. Least it'll be easy enough to move him over to pure summoner (that said Red Prince is already that so all hail a horde of totems).

jwk94

So I'm pretty excited about this game. How's the first one on PS4 for couch play in coop? Thinking about picking this up for local coop, but I'm not too sure about the text size. I'll be playing on a 40" TV about 7 feet away from the TV. Will I have any trouble reading the text?

Ryzaki009

So how does re-joining co-op work, anyone know? Say my friends and I play three hours tonight and then quit out. Where is our game state saved? When they rejoin next time will they have all their inventory automatically?

From what I've seen as Beta it works like DOS did. Basically everything's on the hosts PC and they have to save (and reload when you all die). But you should have everything from the last save yes.

Should I dual wield daggers as an assassin/rogue type character? Do you want to actually invest in the weapon skills like dual wield (or one handed/two handed whatever)?

UberLevi

Ranger seems really dependant on High ground. Been playing as a Huntsman Polymorph and I can already tell that the wings skill is going to skyrocket my archery skills.

NG28

How do you view the skills during character select? I want to see what they do..

Edit - I found the preset ones.. but what about the two above those?

Edit 2 - I had to switch to mkb and mouse over them.. I couldn't figure out how to select them with the controller.

Sarcasm

So if I have my wife on second controller and go to create character screen, we both can create at the start right?

OmegaDL50

I had a personal blackout on information on this game because I wanted to be completely surprised.

My only question is can you create every character in your party? Or is it similar to the first game in which you had two Source Hunters and the rest being NPC recruits?

I'd like to create an entirely custom party if possible.

Mivey

So, looking at some of the older Kickstarter posts, this game takes place after Divine Divinity, but just before Beyond Divinity, supposedly. But then there is one detail that confuses me:
shouldn't that mean that Damian is still in Nemesis, and therefore Lucian must still be on Rivellon? Because it was a trick of Damian that "killed" Lucian.

Dot-N-Run

When I first started up the game it gave me an error and asked that I insert the disk. Seemed to start up fine by pressing continue, but that gave me a bit of a scare.

Just played a few hours. I really like Memory and the new chargen. Keeps you from making a super ridiculous character right away, and streamlines development.

JMY86

So I'm pretty excited about this game. How's the first one on PS4 for couch play in coop? Thinking about picking this up for local coop, but I'm not too sure about the text size. I'll be playing on a 40" TV about 7 feet away from the TV. Will I have any trouble reading the text?

The first game is great for couch coop on PS4 and I had zero issues seeing or reading anything sitting around 8ft from my 55" TV. The game also works surprisingly well with a controller. The only issue I had with the game on PS4 were the load times.

Top Bottom