• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

JMY86

Dfv3VOz.png

doing p well

Wow that is fantastic! Well done Larian, they totally deserve this...

g23

European pre-madonna
Before I pull the trigger.

Does this game have Xbox controller support (I would like to play from my couch through a steam link)

and what are the impressions of controller support?

Before I pull the trigger.

Does this game have Xbox controller support (I would like to play from my couch through a steam link)

and what are the impressions of controller support?

Controller support is really great to be honest.

Only negative is that I prefer the aesthetics of the M+KB UI but mechanically it's very very good.

Massicot

So I let two of my companions go because I wanted to check out the other ones, now I'm not sure how to get the first two back lol.

Ferrio

Banned
Running with a full multiplayer party. We were having quite a bit of trouble the first couple of levels, biting off more than we can chew and having a very odd party composure. Going a lot smoother now as we're actually winning fights. Still not sure where to take my witch, the dex/int hybrid is odd.

What are you guys favorite origin stories so far? I'm really enjoying Sibell but that character is locked in a co op game. So whose everyone's favorite so far?

Stiler

Sigh, just had a prick ruin the ending for Fane for me because I had the top comment on the Larian Fane youtube video talking about wanting to play as Fane and see how his story unfolded.

Got to love people that want to spoil the ending of something for someone else.

Just wondering, how is the game in single player only? I don't have anyone to play with so I wouldn't want to buy this and then find out the best way to play is in multiplayer. I always got the impression this was a single player game so I was a bit surprised when I heard it had multiplayer tbh.

Shahadan

Just wondering, how is the game in single player only? I don't have anyone to play with so I wouldn't want to buy this and then find out the best way to play is in multiplayer. I always got the impression this was a single player game so I was a bit surprised when I heard it had multiplayer tbh.

It's honestly better in single player, unless you're playing the dungeon master thing

Multiplayer is not required and I reckon most people the bought the game due to single player. Think of it as a full-fledged single player campaign that can be played in multiplayer to do crazy shit you would never think of with a second/third/fourth person playing alongside you.

Multiplayer is not required and I reckon most people the bought the game due to single player. Think of it as a full-fledged single player campaign that can be played in multiplayer to do crazy shit you would never think of with a second/third/fourth person playing alongside you.

Ah good to hear thanks. Makes me a feel a lot more confident in buying it.

UberLevi

It's definitely playable that way but my ideal way to play it is with one co-op partner, making two custom characters and then each of you taking an Origin companion as a battle buddy. That's how me and my friend played through Original Sin 1 and it's a lot of fun here, too.

Santiako

I think I've settled my party into custom+Lohse+Red Prince+Ifan. Starting tomorrow since I have some holiday booked.

When I replay it i'll get to the other 3 origins.

Massicot

I think I've settled my party into custom+Lohse+Red Prince+Ifan. Starting tomorrow since I have some holiday booked.

When I replay it i'll get to the other 3 origins.

Yea, I think I've decided I don't want to shuffle party members in a game like this, I'd rather micromanage one solid team :D

AlanOC91

Got my
collar off via the blacksmith after winning in the arena.

Are the collars of my companions supposed to come off too? If I speak to her with them it's the same conversation I originally had with her on my main custom character.

Trickster

Is the only way to get revive some to use a super expensive scroll? I assume a cleric probably has a ressurection spell of some kind, but none of your companions are that role by default, and I didn't roll one

Alrighty, after my little adventure on my new ship (let me just say that ship is awesome, I love the music that plays when you're on board), I'm finally in Act 2 proper. I really need to get Fane some magic armor as an Inquisitor/Death Knight archetype

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So everyone fighting Griff is interesting. I took a different tack.

I retrieved his "oranges", gave them back to him and fingered the lizard as the person who took them. I then booked it across town to the lizard just in time to find the assassin he sent to kill the lizard, I killed her, saved the lizard and kept Griff alive.

AlanOC91

So everyone fighting Griff is interesting. I took a different tack.

I retrieved his "oranges", gave them back to him and fingered the lizard as the person who took them. I then booked it across town to the lizard just in time to find the assassin he sent to kill the lizard, I killed her, saved the lizard and kept Griff alive.

Wow. Never even considered that. Amazing that it can be done.

justjim89

Do all of the companions have chapters of their sidequests that need to be resolved within the Tower of Joy before
removing collars and escaping?

It also sounds like even you escape, you'd need to come back to kill Alexandar?
I figured escaping was just one and done.

Moff

the lizard for the elf quest is not the orange thief? I killed him first and just blamed him. I don't even remember where I found the oranges

Massicot

Got my
collar off via the blacksmith after winning in the arena.

Are the collars of my companions supposed to come off too? If I speak to her with them it's the same conversation I originally had with her on my main custom character.

Without spoiling anything, they come off later. I was worried about it too, but just keep going.

Gaz_RB

So you can't just create campaigns for people to go through with out a GM? I guess that makes sense, but I wish it allowed you to make campaigns that didn't need guidance.

Do all of the companions have chapters of their sidequests that need to be resolved within the Tower of Joy before
removing collars and escaping?

It also sounds like even you escape, you'd need to come back to kill Alexandar?
I figured escaping was just one and done.

The goal changes (if you're willing to RP it) once you escape Fort Joy (the actual fort, not the island itself).

Adnor

Banned
So you can't just create campaigns for people to go through with out a GM? I guess that makes sense, but I wish it allowed you to make campaigns that didn't need guidance.

You can make custom campaigns, but that's not on the GM mode, you have to download the editor.

Dipper145

Switched to explorer mode because normal was too difficult most of the time without pre setting up battles based on how I knew they were going to start once I had already tried and failed them. Which is essentially just cheesing enemies through a choke point, which doesn't seem very fun or what the game wants me to do since the battles seem to be set up in large arena type areas. Pretty disappointing, since I think I played through on normal in the original, and while difficult I didn't have to cheese / pre-battle set up as much.

Perhaps I'm just using a team that doesn't synergize well or something though.

Lanrutcon

Switched to explorer mode because normal was too difficult most of the time without pre setting up battles based on how I knew they were going to start once I had already tried and failed them. Which is essentially just cheesing enemies through a choke point, which doesn't seem very fun or what the game wants me to do since the battles seem to be set up in large arena type areas. Pretty disappointing, since I think I played through on normal in the original, and while difficult I didn't have to cheese / pre-battle set up as much.

Perhaps I'm just using a team that doesn't synergize well or something though.

What I'm getting is that the game is balanced around having a party with gear, which is bullshit, since your first few levels don't have even mediocre gear. The moment I got my entire team in armor, accessories, etc the game took a HUGE turn.

Massicot

I'm going to post some super low-level tips that I will admit that I didn't realize right away.

1.) Grab a bedroll and keep it in your inventory. Basically can use it to fully heal after every fight, I assumed they would be consumable but they are not.

2.) You can waypoint from the minimap in the upper right, you dont have to be at a waypoint to waypoint.

justjim89

I know this has been asked before, but where do dismissed companions go within Fort Joy? I wanna temporarily dismiss one to play with one of the others for a bit and quest with them, but I don't want to be without them until the next chapter or hub or whatever.

Top Bottom