• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

The dwarf on the back porch of the fish factory, I think his name is Kannox, will tell you that Higba jumped in a barrel to hide from the Magisters and hasn't been able to come out because they're all still there. But, I can't find the barrel that he's in. So,
it's either find that barrel, or figure out a way to call the Magisters off of the factory.

Indeed, I talked to the dwarf too but there's alot of fucking barrels around all red-marked for people to accuse you of stealing. Had anyone else managed to find Higba in Driftwood/Act 2?

Edit: Nvm I found him, god dammit I need to check my map more. After you talk to the dwarf a red flag is marked on your map.

StereoVsn

So the game seems to be doing quite good on Steam with over 300K sales. That's pretty great start for the first week even with Kickstarter backers included and good for Larian! Loving this game and although I got distracted by some bball, this one is going to be my main RPG for a long while.

Mothman91

So I want to respec from Necro/Summoner to more of a summoner/(not sure yet) once I can respec.

Does anyone know if Torturer can help with summoning? Anyone know what talents work best with summons?

Rad-

I don't get it. Does Wits only affect the initiative for a single character at the start of a fight? I thought it determined the turn order for each character individually. Either it doesn't, or the game cheats, because enemies with lower Wits are getting their turns first after a single party member gets to go at the start of a fight.

Turn order goes like this:

ally 1 -> enemy 1 -> ally 2 -> enemy 2 -> ally 3 -> enemy 3 -> ally 4 etc.

Even if ally 2 has more initiative than enemy 1. Teams basically go in turns. Because of this system I think wit is pretty much a dump stat. Just pump it for one of your team members (who goes first) and choose better attributes for the others.

Jisgsaw

So, quick stupid question: is Lucky Charm a party modifier, or does it only afect one character? (ie. do I have to switch to my character which has lucky charm any time I open a chest, or do I just have to have him in my party)

Stiler

Ok I have to be doing something wrong with combat cause Jesus this game is kicking my ass so hard.

Only lv 3 still and when I fight enemies that are my lv or one over.

It's like every enemy has 0 issues off the bat knocking my party members down/seting them on fire, etc.

However MY mages and CC are damn near useless against ANYONE until I widdle down their magic or physical armor.

This is just on classic...

I fought the Frogs/aligators fine, but in the dungeon and getting my ass kicked so hard by
the houndmaster and his two archer friends

Anyone have any combat tips or anything?

My Party is the Red Prince/Ifan/Loche all specced to their default classes.

My main problem is there's no good way for me to aggro anyone, I can't make them focus me or my tank and they just peg Ifan/Loche down in like 2-3 hits and then I'm really upt he creek since Ifan is my main dps and Loche is my utility/healer.

So, quick stupid question: is Lucky Charm a party modifier, or does it only afect one character? (ie. do I have to switch to my character which has lucky charm any time I open a chest, or do I just have to have him in my party)

It's for that specific character. You'll know when you get extra loot because a gold light appears above said characters' head when Lucky Charm works.

Anyone having issues playing with a controller? It runs fine but after 10 mins or so it goes crazy as if someone has the left stick pushed down.

Rad-

Ok I have to be doing something wrong with combat cause Jesus this game is kicking my ass so hard.

It's like every enemy has 0 issues off the bat knocking my party members down/seting them on fire, etc.

However MY mages and CC are damn near useless against ANYONE until I widdle down their magic or physical armor.

I fought the Frogs/aligators fine, but in the dungeon and getting my ass kicked so hard by

My main problem is there's no good way for me to aggro anyone, I can't make them focus me or my tank and they just peg Ifan/Loche down in like 2-3 hits and then I'm really upt he creek since Ifan is my main dps and Loche is my utility/healer.

Try getting better armor (so make sure everyone has a decent amount of physical armor and magic armor). It makes a huge difference.

Also I find it's really important that your weaker characters have good escape/defense skills.

Alexious

I'm at the beginning of the game (on the ship). I noticed, though, that there's frequent hitching and that's with a top of the line PC and SSD. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

don't bother trying to knock down both physical or magic, i don't know the default classes of companions as i never let them be themselves. get bouncing shield if you have a strength shield user.

cripple is almost useless

teleport enemies on enemies once you get it, rather than your guys near enemies

elemental arrow blood to quickly shred armor

get 1 element arrow item and waste it on mobs to shred magic armor

Trying to keep the cat alive is hard. Yesterday I lost 20 minutes after doing a quick travel between different points of the island and realizing that the cat didn't follow me anymore and had disappeared (probably killed, and If I have to cast the blame on someone, has to be that guard by the keep's door).

The thing is, the cat don't follow my character but instead the red prince. Don't know yet if it's because the cat's storyline, but at the end I've decided to leave the prince alone while I search every look and crany of the island. I hope that way I can keep the cat alive.

I never heard a success story in fighting the Houndmaster in that large room he's in. Use one of the prison cells and create a choke point. Have one speedy character (or a summon) aggro the boss then pull them all the way to the room where the rest of your party can wail on them.

Sanctuary

How do you cure
Magister Sang in Braccus Rex's Armory
of decaying touch?
Bless doesn't work, and neither does Purge.

I killed the houndmaster and his group with a lvl 3 party in classic, but I've made a good use of my character thievery skill to steal skill books and equipment. Exploring the island has also proven beneficious as I had good luck getting money and better weapons and armor.

I created a choke point in the hallway so his archers have to come down and spend ap doing so while I used my undead character as a tank while the rest of the party behind (fane/lohse/ifan) did fireworks from a safe distance.

I like the armor system so far, as it makes me have to examine every enemy to know his armor values and create an strategy beforehand knowing his talents and resistances. I disliked how buffed up they made the system in tactician mode though, as armor values get out of hand in that mode.

Durante

About the houndmaster fight:
we teleported our whole party to the adjoining room (the one with the skeletons, which you can normally only reach after the battle), attacked from there and let all the enemies come to us individually.

Ryne

Gaddamn I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. Picked up four companions somehow and made it to Fort Joy.

I need to read more about the game and learn it.

Two questions:

1) Is there a sell all marked loot button that I'm missing somewhere?
2) I've seen reference to a Ghost Pal perk but I don't see it. Is it in the normal talent list?

Two questions:

2) I've seen reference to a Ghost Pal perk but I don't see it. Is it in the normal talent list?

Do you mean Pet Pal? The ability to lets you talk to animals? Its really useful imo, can't imagine a playthrough without it. Talking with ghosts is an eventual ability you'll learn on any character within Act 2.

Anoxida

late act 1 question:
Uhh, I've been steamrolling the second part of act 1 so hard but I came across that whitch in the cave now by the ice beach. She's fucking destroying my ass. Any tips on how to beat her? So many enemies man..

Nvm destroyed her. Apparently Conjure incarnate is a strong skill

Ryzaki009

Welp Sebille came on super hard and I had to turn her down. Feelsbadman. (I mean yes I was being a little too friendly but I thought it wasn't too much. RIP.)

Yeah...
Blood Arrows
are OP. I went from struggling to keep my party alive to now safe cruising in my encounters. Granted, Summoning is also a good skill to help distract enemies, but nowhere near as OP.

Even playing on Tactician.

MikeBison

Just beat the houndmasters and found the dog emmie. Going to escape via the waterway. Like 100 xp away from hitting level 4. That about right?

UberLevi

Anyone know where to find another purging wand? We got the one from
Radeka
but lost it when we
gave it to Slane.
So now we're trying to figure out another way past the Shriekers.

Ryzaki009

Anyone know where to find another purging wand? We got the one from
Radeka
but lost it when we
gave it to Slane.
So now we're trying to figure out another way past the Shriekers.

Braccus has a vault on the beach. It's near those void salamanders. There's a little dungeon crawl and then you get some loot along with the purging wand at the end.

There's also Braccus' helm that can be used to purge but I'm pretty sure it's cursed. Better to just get the wand honestly.

UberLevi

Braccus has a vault on the beach. It's near those void salamanders. There's a little dungeon crawl and then you get some loot along with the purging wand at the end.

There's also Braccus' helm that can be used to purge but I'm pretty sure it's cursed. Better to just get the wand honestly.

How do I get past Trompdoy and his illusory wall?

Sanctuary

How do I get past Trompdoy and his illusory wall?

Don't go towards the wall.
Near where he first spawns, where the three boxes are there's an invisible walkway in the air. There's many throughout the dungeon. Just walk past the boxes.

Xeteh

So after restarting for the 900th time I've been trying to do everything in Fort Joy, there's a ton of stuff that is easy to miss. By the time I leave there won't be a Magister left standing.

Two questions:

If you shift click an item in your inventory it puts a little hand over it. That marks it for sale and then at the towards the top of the trade window in the middle is a button to sell it all (only for the character holding it though).

Might be something for later in the game.

Lanrutcon

Funny story: I never had to fight Trompdoy. You can literally use invisibility, stealth and object destruction to skip every challenge in that place. I even think his dialogue was unique when we finally did come face to face at the end of it.

Mothman91

Spoilers Act I:

In the hall of echoes, stuck in here, can't talk to the guy that's here?

Edit: fixed it, had a friend zoom in to talk to him.

Chaos17

We killed everything we could with my mate in the prison beside the dogs but silent monks free exp were cool. Only
Phylacthère room
need to be done. By the way is the hound master you're talking guys is the guy is near the sewer ?

If so we managed to kill him in the open room. We're playing on classic, tho.

We killed everything we could with my mate in the prison beside the dogs but silent monks free exp were cool. Only
Phylacthère room
need to be done. By the way is the hound master you're talking guys is the guy is near the sewer ?

If so we managed to kill him in the open room. We're playing on classic, tho.

Houndmaster is actually the one below the level you are on. I didn't have trouble on Kniles (the butcher character in the large bloodied room that you're talking about) compared to Houndmaster but that was due to my characters being decently geared by then (took out the Houndmaster prior to Kniles).

To get to the Houndmaster its on the northern part of the map down the stairs.

And fuck Act 2 is such a gold sink buying all these skillbooks and gear/weapons, BUT MY PARTY MUST BE OP! Regardless, still loving the game, I only just got out of Driftwood finishing all the local quests there and now just hitting the graveyard area after dealing with a
necromancer dog and some elf. Couldn't kill the elf as it was a solo fight,
I wonder if I have to gear up properly or if there's a mechanic/quest I've yet to uncover to skip the fight entirely/make it easier.

Sevenfold

Regarding this particular fight, all on sneak you can place your pieces pretty well. I tele my melee into the room on the left that has a ladder to the platform with archer A. Can get real close. Stick archer behind the right hand column with an eye to moving him onto archer B platform when it kicks off. Place secondary melee close as poss to Houndmaster, he wants agro from dog when it happens too if poss, he gonna be fortified and HOT just as it kicks off.
Instigate with archer A and melee main. Don't discount standard attack for chomping away at physical armour. Encourage then hack. Fortify and HOT second melee first chance you get, then all out on archer A and when down Bloated corpse the fucker. Shadow crossbow is insane damage when armour gone.
Move corpse down to tank HM and dog(s) chase him around the board if need be (kill corpse just before death obv)
Archer B should be ready to become a corpse too at this point if necessary. Slap the HM down and weigh up the penalty from opportunist hits with remaining in place and taking DOT from surface/element.

Failing that, there's good stuff to be had upstairs if you're careful. Don't forget only the solid red is 'caught' when sneaking ;

I'm getting constant freezes each time I get closer to Griff's kitchen. The game completely stops for a few seconds. It's starting to get annoying, does anybody knows if there a solution for this? It's not like it's game breaking, but I fear things would get worse later in the game.

Taruranto

GPlpB1l.jpg

Damn, I love pet pal. I can't even imagine playing the game without it.

Maximo

Anyone know where
the *Demons Name* for Louise
is on Bloodman Island?
Found the Archives but can't find the entrence?

Tovarisc

Do I really need "waste" level up points on persuasion so I can continue Sebille's story? I really don't want spread points thin like that and would Persuasion 1 even do it?

Just past Fort Joy
I'm supposed to talk with Lone Wolf called Zaleskar and it forces persuasion check. Even with high Finesse that check fails every single time. Which sucks even more is that he is vendor with few items I would love to get, but failing persuasion check forces fight that by looking at his numbers is currently unwinnable for me.

kafiend

I never heard a success story in fighting the Houndmaster in that large room he's in. Use one of the prison cells and create a choke point. Have one speedy character (or a summon) aggro the boss then pull them all the way to the room where the rest of your party can wail on them.

I killed the houndmaster and his group with a lvl 3 party in classic, but I've made a good use of my character thievery skill to steal skill books and equipment. Exploring the island has also proven beneficious as I had good luck getting money and better weapons and armor.

I created a choke point in the hallway so his archers have to come down and spend ap doing so while I used my undead character as a tank while the rest of the party behind (fane/lohse/ifan) did fireworks from a safe distance.

About the houndmaster fight:
we teleported our whole party to the adjoining room (the one with the skeletons, which you can normally only reach after the battle), attacked from there and let all the enemies come to us individually.

I sneaked my a ranged guy forward to just in range to pick him up with teleportation and teleported him way back behind me into the middle of my melee chars and then beat him to death.

This is why we love these games. One fight, many solutions.

Top Bottom