• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 |OT| Dragons & Dungeon Mastering

Maximo

That forced ship battle was terrible. They auto position your party, and I kept losing one member before I even got a chance to act. Very stupid.

The transition of certain scenes is jaring, like the boat situation you dont wake up during the attack and react to it, it simply just throws you into the battle and feels like its already half way done.

CSJ

Regarding end of act 1
do the people you leave behind die on the ship? Since Sebille is bugged I can kill her and get all my stuff back and hire a new rogue

Moff

I am only 8 hours in and my game freezes and crashes so often.

sometimes I have 10 second long freezes and especially on quickloads it crashes often :(

loading times have gotten a lot longer as well :(

To follow up from my earlier post, the controller interface definitely seems bugged. Most of the time the game won't charge you for buying an item and, on the rare cases when it does, it take a minuscule amount (like 8 gold for an item that costs 250 gold).

BTA

Question about co-op for this (and the original, really, since I'd likely end up playing that on PS4 with someone first): is one character treated as the main character? Or are they both equal participants in the world?

Like, if I as Player 1 talk to an NPC and have a conversation (that I find funny and enjoy etc. etc.), can Player 2 go to them and have that exact same conversation (character/personality differences aside)? Is it the same for when Player 2 talks first and then Player 1? Or is it that once one of us does something, it happened, so that we're not unrealistically being told the exact same conversation and each of us can "progress" the state of the world?

I'm... not sure which I'd prefer, I guess? But I'd like to know going in which it is.

I hope they get to patch the memory leak soon. I have to completely avoid the square and the kitchen, else I got a 20+ seconds freeze or a simply crash to desktop. Speaking of crashes, I can't load a save unless I restart the game. I hope once I finish act 1 I can keep playing normally without having to worry for these things. Everything else has been on point.

To follow up from my earlier post, the controller interface definitely seems bugged. Most of the time the game won't charge you for buying an item and, on the rare cases when it does, it take a minuscule amount (like 8 gold for an item that costs 250 gold).
I have never had this happen on a controller. Why does this bug not happen for me? I want this bug to happen.

Jeez... I just spent the last 2 hours on a single encounter (Fort Joy dungeons):
The Houndmaster fight room, those dogs with the crossbows on their back are a pain in the ass lol.
Glad to finally have done it now.

Xeteh

Man, that black cat is buggy. It seems really hard to let it die when you know where it happens but man fast travelling with it following you really confuses the AI and it gets lost. Hadn't seen the cat in a few hours and suddenly on a quick reload it is back.

I hope they get to patch the memory leak soon. I have to completely avoid the square and the kitchen, else I got a 20+ seconds freeze or a simply crash to desktop. Speaking of crashes, I can't load a save unless I restart the game. I hope once I finish act 1 I can keep playing normally without having to worry for these things. Everything else has been on point.

It's interesting that many are experienced this as I haven't had any problems with these areas or any slowdown at all. My PC is 5 years old, far from ideal. I wonder if there's a specific trigger or event causing it.

I'm... not sure which I'd prefer, I guess? But I'd like to know going in which it is.

In os1 both players are treated as equals but as a team. Decisions are jointly made between the two of you. In the sequel all players (up to 4 now) are treated as individuals. You can both totally solo and complete things all on your own.

AndersK

Fuck. I'm just sitting here looking at the origin characters in the CC and not getting shit done at all.

On one hand, the idea of a MC with a defined personality and story is nice, but i can't help thinking i'd want a custom. I hope i don't miss too much by doing that. I guess there's always 2nd play-trough.

I'd hpooing in completely blind, except for experience with the first game. I'm actually happy its written less flippantly. The first one reminded me of a bad-ish Discworld novel at times - at some point everything gets so silly i zone out.

Noaloha

Questions and spoilers for Act 1 (Sebille quest, Red Prince quest, 'Free the Elf' quest).

I've not been clicking on spoilers in the thread but nonetheless I think I've picked up a few things that have me questioning my path so far. I get the impression that Sebille might refuse to remain with you if certain things occur.

I have her and the Red Prince in my party. When encountering the dreaming lizard NPC to talk to him about the missing citrus fruits, the Prince butted in and took over the conversation to progress his personal quest. No problem, let him do his thing. Then when that ended and I spoke to the lizard, Sebille jumped in and said she'd like a few words. I'd already picked up from the game's writing that Sebille may fuck the lizard up, so I didn't want her to talk to him until I'd discussed oranges. I told her to step down, took the attitude penalty, had my chat. Afterwards she didn't get any special dialogue when I let her talk. Larian being Larian I was fine with it and assumed there'd be alternate means for Sebille to get her story on.

I'm doubtful of that now though with some of the things I've seen mentioned in this thread.

Question then: is that a dead end for her personal quest and will this cause her to refuse sticking around into Act 2? If so, no big deal, I can drop her for the dwarf, but I'd rather do that now (fresh lvl 4 just exploring the inner keep and grounds) rather than right as I'm switching Acts.

Xater

So it seems like the questlog has some bugs? Some completed questsa just stay active in it for me. I have beaten the Arena, it even says so in the description, yet the quest is still in my Questlog. Same for the Souljar one.

Here is what is happening. I buy a couple of items, including the Tentacle Lash skillbook, but the party gold doesn't decrease. When I exit the conversation and open the inventory the skillbook is there.

https://youtu.be/KNClWi90AtY

So I thinkI have solved it- the coin purse is bugged. If you put your coin in the coin purse then the game registers it in total party gold but will not subtract it if you buy anything. If you take it out of the coin purse then it subtracts as it should.

TLDR; it seems in the console interface that there is a huge money exploit if you use the coin purse.

Tovarisc

Holy shit this Act 1
Zaleskar
persuasion check as
Sebille
is shitty. I saved and took Persuasion 1 so my persuasion check is done with +5 to my biggest stat.

It failed. Stat checked as 25.

Not sure what to do as I don't want to kill that NPC and use as vendor instead.

Shittiest part is that if I didn't use this as my PC this check wouldn't even exist and NPC would be available as vendor.

Edit: Threw rest of party to Narnia so it doesn't force trigger sequence.

Gorger

Thinking of starting the game as Lohse as a wizard, but would be grateful for a couple of tips and recommendations for useful stats and skills to set me off in the right direction. I know from the first game that talking with animals is good to have early on, but I am pretty lost beyond that!

Oh, and I really like making persuasive intelligent and witty characters that masters dialogue checks. That is also why I mostly make casters cause their primary stats often matches well with dialogue.

Moff

ok I teleportet into the keep and exited through the dungeon into the march, no enemy ever saw me, I warped back to the square then and every magister attacked me on sight...

this game man, I really tried to like it, but I think that's it

ok I teleportet into the keep and exited through the dungeon into the march, no enemy ever saw me, I warped back to the square then and every magister attacked me on sight...

this game man, I really tried to like it, but I think that's it

You
escaped from Fort Joy, the game tells you that every magister will be hostile to you now.

Any tips that are important for a new player? Starting as a cleric. I've played PoE before and I sucked at it until I got better skills and weapons.

Moff

You
escaped from Fort Joy, the game tells you that every magister will be hostile to you now.

but how could they know? nobody saw me.
I don't even really know what to do in the fort, again, so I might continue.
funny thing is, I did that with only one character and only she is hostile to magisters now. I wonder what happens if I dismiss her.

MrCinos

Oh man, what a bummer. Lone wolf can be used only in a 2-man party now. I thought you could do it in a 3 characters party just like in D:OS 1.

I was planning to play a mid-late game pyro fighter/tank (taking demon talent after stacking fire res and using self-explosion/combustion spells, Bleed Fire, etc. heck, if you play undead you can also use contaminate on yourselve and other aoe poison spells before exploding yourself and everything around yourself) in our upcoming 3-man co-op campaign, but after single player experience I've noticed that I've feel the lack of AP on my fighter the most. If anything it felt like like he's the only archetype that feels starved on AP, compared to rogues and mages at least.

P.S. Anyone tried using Glass Cannon talent on tactician difficulty? It sound completely horrible, but maybe there's a setup/build which can make it somewhat safe?

but how could they know? nobody saw me.
I don't even really know what to do in the fort, again, so I might continue.
funny thing is, I did that with only one character and only she is hostile to magisters now. I wonder what happens if I dismiss her.

It's a in-game checkpoint. For context, assume they had your name down and noticed you went missing for a while? Regardless after you escape Fort Joy the magisters will attack you, you're free to return to finish up quests there you might have, just know the risk. Explore a bit outside the fort and you'll find more friendly NPCs to direct you where to go.

Top Bottom