• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: OS - EE |OT| No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!

Durante

Everything that works on console (and more, of course) works on PC.
This is Larian, not some amateur hour AAA developer :p

Neoweee

Right.

So what you should do is take one of your non-primary henchmen and make them a crafting whore and leave them at homestead. send all your shit to them. If it works the same as the original version at least, it should work well.

Oh, if you have extra members, you can still "send" to them, even if you aren't close to them?

Amazing.

Yeah, this was totally the wrong game to play blind.

Is it recommended to go with controller over mouse for PC or is there really not much of a difference and just a matter of preference? Wondering since i will jump in for the first time in a matter of days on PC...

Adnor

Banned
You are LTTP. Actually, most of GAF is. (I can't believe that was over 6 years ago)

But better late than never!

I'll play Dragon Commander one day.

One day!

Is it recommended to go with controller over mouse for PC or is there really not much of a difference and just a matter of preference? Wondering since i will jump in for the first time in a matter of days on PC...

KB/M is still better than a gamepad for this game, but the gamepad controls are still fantastic, somehow Larian managed to do the impossible and make a CRPG playable with gamepad, so it's a matter of preference.

Anno

Oh nice, they patched the crash I was having trying to view recipe books downsampled from 4K. The game looks so good and still runs great on a 970, glad I don't have to move down resolution.

Noaloha

I noticed some folk complaining about a lack of healing options earlier on the last page. Just wanted to chip in and mention something that was present in the initial game (so forgive me if it isn't in the EE): when I was modding the vanilla game I as trying to do something kooky with beds and noticed in the editor that there was a Heal flag for 'Use' on beds. Unless it's been removed, you should be able to heal up party members individually by having them lie down. Note: I'm pretty sure that most beds are tied to an Owner and if you Use it in their cone of vision you may trigger a negative reaction. I recall there being a useful 'sleeping mat' type bed abandoned not too far outside of Cyseal that can offer some respite if you're not running a healer. Again though, sorry if this has been patched out now.

Xeteh

Is using a cleric for a "tank" viable? He seems to just be getting lit up right now and since he's one of my two characters I'm kind of stuck with that until I can respec.

Anyone else having trouble with running programs that use overlays such as afterburner? Game crashes very consistently if it's running, even with no OC and no overlay enabled.

Eusis

I'll play Dragon Commander one day.

One day!

KB/M is still better than a gamepad for this game, but the gamepad controls are still fantastic, somehow Larian managed to do the impossible and make a CRPG playable with gamepad, so it's a matter of preference.
Also why I'm curious to see if they go with native Steam Controller support (assuming it's not already there and I'm daft.) You could more easily get the best of both with that in I'd think, or at least effectively a mouse with a stick to move the character around manually if you want to do that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I played something like 50 or 60 hours of the original game, but got sidetracked and never went back to it.

Downloaded this on Steam last night and am looking forward to booting it up... but I still need to finish up The Witcher 3 (85 hours and counting) and there are so many other games coming out... Someday!

danowat

Banned
I am intrigued by the dialogue interplay between the two protagonists meta game, and how people approach it.

There are a couple of ways you can approach it, you can let you main character have their opinion/your opinion and then your partner offer an opposite viewpoint leading to the RPS mini game or you can have your partner be a yesman and agree or you can mix it up.

Obviously if you offer up an opposite viewpoint there is a chance that this viewpoint may win (RPS being random I assume) but does this offer more in the way of traits? is it better to do it this way to have a balanced party? I assume having two protagonists with different traits and outlooks offers up a better spread of experiences rather than having them both think the same?

shmoglish

This is a question for the Future, but which Larian/divinity games are worth to play? Bought Divine divinity and Eco draconis in a steam sale, don't know whats left.

Anno

I am intrigued by the dialogue interplay between the two protagonists meta game, and how people approach it.

There are a couple of ways you can approach it, you can let you main character have their opinion/your opinion and then your partner offer an opposite viewpoint leading to the RPS mini game or you can have your partner be a yesman and agree or you can mix it up.

Obviously if you offer up an opposite viewpoint there is a chance that this viewpoint may win (RPS being random I assume) but does this offer more in the way of traits? is it better to do it this way to have a balanced party? I assume having two protagonists with different traits and outlooks offers up a better spread of experiences rather than having them both think the same?

I set my secondary character to Random AI and try to play off his/her responses in a way that sounds fun. Whatever the outcome is I just go with it and see what happens.

Maiger

Played through the original in coop during the summer. One of the best coop experiences ever.
Now we are wondering how much of a stupid and suicidal idea it would be to do a two lone wolfs tactician mode run?

Xeteh

I reaaaaaaaaally need to stop trying to attack a second time immediately after my first because I constantly just move and waste AP.

When playing with a controller, is there any way to disable the auto highlighting of all items in your vicinity?

edit: nvm found it

Tried this on my laptop today as it was free due to owning the original.

Downloads fast. Click run. Crash.

Look up online, common problem, tried all fix's..... Still won't work.

Think I will just rebuy it on ps4 down the line when I finish playing what I am currently.

Burt

It's nice to see that they've put new companions in town, even though I'm not using them/gonna dump em off later. If I knew they were there, I might've specced my characters a bit differently though.

bati

Holy shit controller support in this game is amazing. I actually prefer it to kbm for general exploration.

This is a question for the Future, but which Larian/divinity games are worth to play? Bought Divine divinity and Eco draconis in a steam sale, don't know whats left.

Both are fantastic. Eco Draconis was my first Larian game and I loved it, so I tried Divine Divinity on GOG and loved it even more. Amazing stuff.

Something I haven't seen discussed here is the Editor. Has anyone tried it out yet? Or has anyone tried modding the main campaign or tried creating their own standalone one?

Eusis

Should check to see if you have Divinity II Developers Cut in your library, Enhanced Edition isn't the first time Larian has been awesome with customers about updated versions. That has a bunch of options that are more for replaying or screwing around as I recall however, but the big thing is to play a Dragon Knight Saga version rather than just Eco Draconis.

Xeteh

So I originally made a ranger and quickly started disliking how I never had over 50% chance to hit unless I was really close to whatever I was shooting. Meanwhile these Skeleton Archers can't seem to miss, its pretty annoying.

Clydefrog

It's nice to see that they've put new companions in town, even though I'm not using them/gonna dump em off later. If I knew they were there, I might've specced my characters a bit differently though.
Can you elaborate? Maybe spoiler tag.

I'm only aware of four permanent companions you can get in and around Cyseal. There are more now?

So I originally made a ranger and quickly started disliking how I never had over 50% chance to hit unless I was really close to whatever I was shooting. Meanwhile these Skeleton Archers can't seem to miss, its pretty annoying.

Are you activating that skill that reduces precision but increases damage if you do hit? I think it's a skill you get when you choose Ranger if you don't modify its skills when creating your character.

Xeteh

Are you activating that skill that reduces precision but increases damage if you do hit? I think it's a skill you get when you choose Ranger if you don't modify its skills when creating your character.

Nah, I was avoiding it because I was already frustrated with my hit percentage. It felt like I was useless once a fight because Ricochet wouldn't miss.

I'm only aware of four permanent companions you can get in and around Cyseal. There are more now?

Maybe he's referring to the henchmen you can hire a little bit deeper in to the game?

Burt

Actually, googling it has led me to the conclusion that the two I'm talking about (
Wolgraff and Bairdotr
) were patched in a way, way long time ago, I had just played through before that patch came out. The other two were the only ones there when I played. So, nevermind.

Sykotik

Anyone tried to queue actions in combat? I tried to queue multiple attacks together, but only the first one actually came out. The subsequent attacks animated, took my action points, but didn't actually attack anything. Tried it with wands and a crossbow.

Clydefrog

Actually, googling it has led me to the conclusion that the two I'm talking about (
Wolgraff and Bairdotr
) were patched in a way, way long time ago, I had just played through before that patch came out. The other two were the only ones there when I played. So, nevermind.

Aw bummer :(

MattyG

Banned
This is a ton of fun. I'm having trouble keeping my party alive. In the first dungeon, I got hit a few times while I was getting used to combat, used my potions and resurrection scrolls, and then by the time I reached the city my rogue was dead. So now I'm wandering around as my other character trying to find a resurrection scroll or something.

Miss rate is kinda bad early game, having someone with 2pt leadership(which can be obtained with gear only or gear+trait) gives 10% to everyone else, Bless(Geomancer) gives 30% for a few turns, Archers have a self buff in Marksmanship Eagle Eye or something for a few turns(also increases damage iirc) and finally I'd say the most important, you can use Precision Stance which increases accuracy by 30% but reduces movespeed by 50%, a very solid tradeoff considering you're ranged.

Oh and hitting mobs that are CCed is always 100% iirc, at least for melees that's how it works, so knockdown/stun stuff with your other chars then fire away.

Xeteh

Miss rate is kinda bad early game, having someone with 2pt leadership(which can be obtained with gear only or gear+trait) gives 10% to everyone else, Bless(Geomancer) gives 30% for a few turns, Archers have a self buff in Marksmanship Eagle Eye or something for a few turns(also increases damage iirc) and finally I'd say the most important, you can use Precision Stance which increases accuracy by 30% but reduces movespeed by 50%, a very solid tradeoff considering you're ranged.

Oh and hitting mobs that are CCed is always 100% iirc, at least for melees that's how it works, so knockdown/stun stuff with your other chars then fire away.

Despite being around 4-5 hours in on a Rogue I'm not really feeling it, I might give Ranger another go. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

Ri'Orius

I started this blind last night. Enjoying it, but there was one thing that seemed either buggy or just terribly unclear.

I started with a golden chalice thing in my inventory. I forget its name but the description was something about turning things to gold, so I figured it was how you sell stuff.

Anyway, I tried combining various things with it, but nothing worked. When I tried cup+Old Cloth Bracers, it told me that the recipe worked and made Improved Bracers. But I didn't get any Improved Bracers. I've still got the old ones. And I kept trying, but nothing ever happened (except a message telling me it totally worked, I promise).

Anyone know wtf is going on?

Llyranor

I'm super indecisive, any suggestions for starting classes/builds?

edit: For clarification, I haven't played D:OS before.
Given how awesome elemental environmental interactions are in combat in this game, I'd actually recommend going all-mage (making sure you cover the 4 elements btw your 2 chars). You get grab NPCs if you want a fighter or archer or rogue. Casting spells all the time was so much fun.

Top Bottom