• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: OS - EE |OT| No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!

Teppic

There's a chain that links your party. You can drag the portraits up and together and switch them around and even split them for very useful reasons. It's similar to the example in the tutorial dungeon
Thanks. Never found the tutorial dungeon :p

Dries

Is there no way to check out all the Skills in a tree, before investing in them? The Skills tab now only shows me the skills I already own. PS4 btw.

danowat

Banned
King Crab Tavern.

There is a room in the basement with a poison cloud in it, when I place something on the grate to stop the poison, the object gets destroyed, am I missed something, like a particular skill or something that would stop this happening?

Ourobolus

Banned
King Crab Tavern.

There is a room in the basement with a poison cloud in it, when I place something on the grate to stop the poison, the object gets destroyed, am I missed something, like a particular skill or something that would stop this happening?
There's a fire trap in front of the door. It's finicky though - I've thrown barrels through the door without triggering it, and other times it blows up. I usually just toss a barrel, and if it blows up I just suck it up and send my guy in, healing to counter the poison.

I started over last night after reading the Kotaku guide that was posted.

I tried a ranger/rogue party on tactician mode. I wasn't able to beat the first skeleton archer encounter.

I had no problems when I fought this same group on my old save (knight / wizard)

The reason I made ranger/rogue was because the Kotaku guide made it sound like I would pickup a melee/wizard somewhere in the first town?

Is starting ranger/rogue on tactician too hard?

Yeah, sort of.... Very elegantly done, I'm very impressed with the controller support.

Skn9AqU.png

I tried controller for a bit and I loved this feature, wished it was on the KB+M side too (or if there was a way to keep text on with Alt instead of holding it. I couldn't stand the slower panning speed and how zoomed in it was on controller though so I went back to KB+M yesterday.

Doc_Drop

I tried a ranger/rogue party on tactician mode. I wasn't able to beat the first skeleton archer encounter.

I had no problems when I fought this same group on my old save (knight / wizard)

The reason I made ranger/rogue was because the Kotaku guide made it sound like I would pickup a melee/wizard somewhere in the first town?

There's options to pick up mages, but I would always want at least one in my starting line-up. Certain enemies are more/less susceptible to different elemental attacks and that can have a major effect on battles

Btw, does anyone know where I can buy water spells in Cyseal?

In the market place, lady with what looks like a potion stall

Lanrutcon

Tactician is really about gaming the mechanics and exploiting every advantage. It's really really not meant for first time players, so my hat's off to you.

I would start with a caster that can summon and an archer. I would min max the fuck out of them. I would do my best to reach the first town (probably skipping the optional encounter), then steal everything (_everything_) that isn't bolted down using Scoundrel invisibility and the conversation trick. I would then use those goods to secure better gear, but more importantly: a shitton of consumables. I'm talking potions, special arrows, bombs and scrolls. I would rely on those very very heavily until I have a few levels under my belt.

Pollux

Man this game. It really sucks you in. Downloaded the enhanced edition bc I owned the original but never got more than 5 hours in. I'm only an hour in this time around but I'm loving the controller support. Huge game changer for me.

Problem is I just got Halo and now all I want to do when I have free time is play this haha

Ourobolus

Banned
Has anyone levelled dual-wielding enough to tell me what each level provides? I know the first level drops the AP by 2 and the damage penalty is reduced to -20% (and then -10% for Lv2), but does the AP ever drop further? Or is it just damage?

Corpekata

Banned
Gotta remember with the Kotaku guide it is for the original release, not the EE, and so is a bit outdated. There are two more party members in town that were created after the guide was made.

epmode

I tried controller for a bit and I loved this feature, wished it was on the KB+M side too (or if there was a way to keep text on with Alt instead of holding it.

I'm pretty sure that the Alt function misses items that are considered hidden or inconspicuous. Potions on top of bookshelves, for example. Not sure if it's more accurate with more Perception.

I wonder if the controller search feature finds this stuff or if it's similarly limited.

Ourobolus

Banned
What kind of game is this? Is it like diablo? Or more like baldurs gate type? Or none of those 2 games?

Turn-based combat, so not like Diablo.
Faster resource gain/usage, so not like Baldur's Gate.
Kinda of a mix, I suppose. Think a less hardcore Baldur's Gate game with an emphasis on environmental damage and spell combinations.

So this works out great, I play on my PC with kb/m and I have a Steam controller for my fiance to play on her PC. She's really getting the hang of it. Controller support is impressive.

Has anyone levelled dual-wielding enough to tell me what each level provides? I know the first level drops the AP by 2 and the damage penalty is reduced to -20% (and then -10% for Lv2), but does the AP ever drop further? Or is it just damage?

lv3 -10% lv4 -0%
no idea about lv 5 but if its AP -3...god

epmode

More like Baldur's Gate than Diablo. Turn based combat, not real time.

I'd say it's most like Ultima 7 with a massively improved turn-based battle system.

Problem is, games like Ultima 7 have been missing for decades so not many people will know what it means.

Nyx

Yay, the game just arrived on my desk at the office!
Nay, I got asked to babysit tonight and said yes.

Oreiller

Has anyone done the quest "Arhu's
Failed Experiment"? Using the remote to disable his weapons is making him say he needs another charge but his next turn without anything charging him he just Ultra Bolts anyway. Am I missing something?
Am I missing something?

I've just defeated him, the discharge command seems to be working so use that if you want to avoid its ultra bolts. You can also use Jahan to freeze it, it works fairly well. Its physical attacks still hurt a bunch though.

In the market place, lady with what looks like a potion stall
Thanks, don't know how I've missed that...

Corpekata

Banned
Man taking the rogue NPC is pretty tough on Tactician. Might have to wait a few levels, just too doesn't have the utility needed.

Man taking the rogue NPC is pretty tough on Tactician. Might have to wait a few levels, just too doesn't have the utility needed.

rogue is ok. What you need on a rogue is,
oil to slow those sucker down and burn them with fire.
teleport to get the nasty one away or closer to you.
spider, without them to tank dmg i dont even know how to survive. And they deal tons of dmg too.
bitter cold, just to be safe.

basically, you need control so rogue also need to cast spells.

Hm...i may be mis-remembering, but I have lv 2 on my scoundrel and I thought Lv 1 was -20% and Lv 2 was -10%
And the AP cost is reduced by 2, but it didn't change from Lv 1 to 2.
just checked. you remembered wrong ;p

Tom Penny

I really wish you could speed up battles. I'm not sure why they wouldn't make that an option. Is there a PC mod or anything?

I'm pretty sure that the Alt function misses items that are considered hidden or inconspicuous. Potions on top of bookshelves, for example. Not sure if it's more accurate with more Perception.

I wonder if the controller search feature finds this stuff or if it's similarly limited.

Well crap thats annoying :(

Ourobolus

Banned
Made it to Lv 5 so far.

Party:
Dual-Wield Dagger Scoundrel
All magic school Mage
2-Handed Madora
Archer Bairdotr

So far it's great! For the most part I love the changes (still a little pissed about Boulder Bash, but oh well). The lighthouse fight was great - I liked that they added the little elemental immunity totem that I had to go take out so my mage wasn't useless. I think they may have reorganized some barrels, too, because I sniped one first turn of the fight and it turned the entire field into a patch of fire, which I don't remember being able to do (but my memory is shit, so...).

Now I'll be heading to just north of town where there were some pretty tough fights in vanilla, mostly because there were like 10 enemies (and boars. Seriously, FUCK boars). Should be interesting.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is it ok to start with the two default characters or is there something I should really change? Feeling especially overwhelmed by that part.

Doc_Drop

I was under the impression that it does show hidden items and stuff as I had to use that previously to find stuff that I knew was there but couldn't see.

Ourobolus

Banned
Is it ok to start with the two default characters or is there something I should really change? Feeling especially overwhelmed by that part.

If they don't start with a healing spell, I'd recommend adding one.

I was under the impression that it does show hidden items and stuff as I had to use that previously to find stuff that I knew was there but couldn't see.

It does show them, but you need to have enough Perception to spot it first.

Doc_Drop

If they don't start with a healing spell, I'd recommend adding one.

It does show them, but you need to have enough Perception to spot it first.

Huh, well I never. It's lucky I've got guys with high perception otherwise god knows what I would have missed

Staf

I have written this multiple times before in this thread but.. the combat in this game is so freaking awesome! Having such a good tense fight against a mysterious opponent in a cave.

Xeteh

I have the same issue. I think this quest might be bugged.

Ugh, lame. I actually beat it without the remote because I didn't dig deep enough in to his chat menus when I went back to talk to him after getting the Fabulous Five quest but I read about it afterwards so I reloaded, picked it up and went to beat him. What a bummer. Hope they fix it soon.

I have the same issue. I think this quest might be bugged.

Na, you need the right command for everything.
Disabling weapons prevents him from using normal attacks. Discharge energy removes his charge so he doesn't do spells. Steam is for when he overheats after you use the disable weapon and fires a rocket I think.

That means you need more than one command per turn on some turns.

Xeteh

Na, you need the right command for everything.
Disabling weapons prevents him from using normal attacks. Discharge energy removes his charge so he doesn't do spells. Steam is for when he overheats after you use the disable weapon and fires a rocket I think.

That means you need more than one command per turn on some turns.

Oh, hmm. I'll give it another go. Thanks!

Top Bottom