• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: OS - EE |OT| No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!

danowat

Banned
@danowat

Can't answer your questions by myself, butin the small Manual in the retail edition they mention this link.

http://guide.divinityoriginalsin-enhanced.com

Thanks!, I'll have a read of it.

Some of it is helpful, but it's a bit brief...

This is called delaying and can be executed by hitting the Delay Turn button. For instance, if you want to wait until a wizard has buffed you before hitting an enemy, delay your turn.

Interesting, is this available on console?, I've not seen it at all.

To examine a character, open the Action menu and use Examine. The higher your Loremaster skill, the more detailed the info you get.

So it's possible that the person I am trying to examine an enemy with has a low(er) loremaster skill than someone else.

duck_sauce

My biggest gripe with the game so far....

...my inventory is overflowing with keys and i haveno clue which i still need and which can be deleted.:(

AlanOC91

I noticed Armor has AP. This is kind of confusing me as I'm not sure why.

At a complete guess. I think it's how much AP it costs to equip in battle?

JC Sera

My biggest gripe with the game so far....

...my inventory is overflowing with keys and i haveno clue which i still need and which can be deleted.:(
1) Get a backpack
2)Put all the keys in the backpack

this can also applied to books/notes and other plot essential items
I noticed Armor has AP. This is kind of confusing me as I'm not sure why.

At a complete guess. I think it's how much AP it costs to equip in battle?
Swapping/equipping weapons & armor cost AP in battle
why its relevant is there is a debuff which makes you lose strength, then your armor automatically unequips if you are below its requirements

skyhaven

Neo Member
Sometimes when examining an enemy it will show you their weaknesses, other times it won't, why is this?

Loremaster level matters
Wet, apart from damping down fires, and acting as a conductor for electric spells, does it do anything?, I fought (unsuccessfully for a few times) the flamethrower enemy in the dungeon under the graveyard (good luck if you've got no ranged characters!!), and I thought getting him wet (water balloon) would (in some way as he has a burning flamethrower on his back) would affect him, but it didn't appear too.

Some does. Like there's a suicide bomb ghoul in the graveyard ... if you dig hard enough. Killing him will trigger an explosion. But if the fuse is taken out... Never feel silly for trying out things in Divinity, sometimes the answer is obvious. Like a candle that can ignite an oil puddle.

danowat

Banned
1) Get a backpack
2)Put all the keys in the backpack

this can also applied to books/notes and other plot essential items

Wondered what purpose the backpack served, what advantages are there to putting items in the backpack?

Man, this game is deep, like really deep, arguably the deepest game I've ever played on a console.

Ok, so basically just item segregation.

Yep, also makes it easier to transfer some type of items all at once. For example I had bags with all the food in them, so if I ever wanted to cook stuff, I'd grab the bag with the food and have all the materials right on me. Turns out I never used any of it in my original playthrough though, food sucked. Pretty sure it still does.

I also always have a bag with spare gear set, so I don't mess it up and sell the items(can buyback but pretty sure you lose money in the process). Bag with like alternate element wands, crafting/blacksmithing belt/bracers, charisma/bartering necklace, lockpicking/pickpocketing bracers/rings, loremaster rings(though with the new system where anyone can identify, I just leave them on the loremaster guy in my group) and perception helm/rings(I think?) for the perception checks.

It's all organized in one place and I can put the bag on my bar so I can open it right away without opening the inventory, makes it a bit faster to switch(and when you switch from a bag, it puts the items in the exact same spot rather than in the first available spot like in your normal inventory.

armor is so useless. I have 95 armor which gives me 1% dmg reduction.

Are you high level? The damage reduction % shown is based on stuff of your own level, the higher level you are, the more armor you need. I have 103armor at lvl 7 and it gives 33% mitigation it says. Increasing it by 20 with Fortify, it goes up to 44%. That's quite a fair amount I'd say.

Baalzebup

Edit: Guys, did anyone warn the first time players about the hall of secrets? Cause I just remembered how it works and how nobody told me the first time around.

Do even WE (the veterans) know how it works this time around? I've had far less time in my hands than I would have liked and I haven't gotten even near that stage. And I mean that vendor in particular, seeing as the books alter the basic idea of 'builds' quite a bit. They did spook about patching them as one-off items back yonder and then didn't when people gave voice to some protests, didn't they? And currently, normal vendors update far more frequently, so if the keeper follows the same pattern as they, the books will basically be available as long as you have the moola for them.

And to make this a bit less cryptic for our first timers, there is a very special vendor that you can unlock in the End of Time by collecting a certain amount of star stones (I honestly don't remember the number). Her biggest deal are the books that grant ability points and skill points upon consumption. She used to re-stock exactly once per level up, so people were trying to get her unlocked at the lowest level possible to maximize the points available for them.
the problem is that i have no source for more armor. I am lvl 10 and 95 armor is useless lol.
Not that i need armor anyway.

Crafting and blacksmith-ing are your best friends, if all else fails.

Two mages....two summoned spidersin the front row. Best armor in the world.

The game is practically made for playing casting classes. Melee is kinda useless imho.
yup. abuse those awesome lvl 1 spells and you will be fine. every body needs spider, teleport. There is just no reason to not have one. Tactician has been pretty easy so far. I can easily deal with mobs 3 lvl higher than my party lol

Are you high level? The damage reduction % shown is based on stuff of your own level, the higher level you are, the more armor you need. I have 103armor at lvl 7 and it gives 33% mitigation it says. Increasing it by 20 with Fortify, it goes up to 44%. That's quite a fair amount I'd say.

the problem is that i have no source for more armor. I am lvl 10 and 95 armor is useless lol.
Not that i need armor anyway.

Is this a glitch, or am I missing something? I'm in Black Cove heading down to the docks - there's a bit where you're above a path leading down to some pirate skeleton bombers and there's a trail of oil leading from them back up the path - instead of heading down there, I used my archer to fire an explosive arrow, set the oil on fire and blow up the skeletons. I waited for the oil to burn away and then headed down the path, but at the bottom my party starts burning to death even though there's no fire anywhere to be seen. Super frustrating, I've reloaded a couple of times to no avail, even went back to a half-hour old save and still encountered the same problem.

danowat

Banned
Sorry, another question :-S

When one of MY characters perishes I can resurrect them with a resurrect scroll / spell, but if one of my other party members perishes they are gone for good?, they seem to have a big gravestone, where as my characters don't

ced

Finally got some time to play last night on PS4, this is an awesome console port. PoE needs to get this treatment so I can actually finish it.

I really like how you can hit L3 and change to a cursor mode.

Aiming can be a little wonky during combat, and I wish you could use the map to move your group, but other than that it's great so far.

Is this a glitch, or am I missing something? I'm in Black Cove heading down to the docks - there's a bit where you're above a path leading down to some pirate skeleton bombers and there's a trail of oil leading from them back up the path - instead of heading down there, I used my archer to fire an explosive arrow, set the oil on fire and blow up the skeletons. I waited for the oil to burn away and then headed down the path, but at the bottom my party starts burning to death even though there's no fire anywhere to be seen. Super frustrating, I've reloaded a couple of times to no avail, even went back to a half-hour old save and still encountered the same problem.

Think I read someone mentionning the same thing earlier, could be a bug, could just be a display bug though. You tried using Rain at the bottom? It might not show it's burning even though it is.

Think I read someone mentionning the same thing earlier, could be a bug, could just be a display bug though. You tried using Rain at the bottom? It might not show it's burning even though it is.

Any idea where I can get a rain spell? I used up the ones the game gives you at the start and have no real mages in my party, which I'm starting to think was probably a mistake, lol - shadowblade is fun, but there's been numerous times where a simple fireball spell would've saved my ass or at least spared me a trip back to town.

Lanrutcon

Any idea where I can get a rain spell? I used up the ones the game gives you at the start and have no real mages in my party, which I'm starting to think was probably a mistake, lol - shadowblade is fun, but there's been numerous times where a simple fireball spell would've saved my ass or at least spared me a trip back to town.

Buying spells: there's a vendor for each spell type in each major hub. In the starting town, I believe the potion vendor in the town square handles water magic. She restocks her inventory every time you level up, so check back frequently. What she stocks is random. Mine, for example, currently has a rain tome.

Edit: And you can make spell tomes from scrolls using a crafter.

Well you'll need a trip back to town, you can get Jahan or a random hechman to come with you and Rain on it, it's a low tier spell it's cheap if you need the book(but Jahan has it by default). Definitely get 1pt water on someone for Rain and Healing imo. Doesn't even have to be a caster if it's for out of combat stuff. Both spells are really good in combat too though.

lol check the center of the pool. There is a totem.

QaaQer

Does anyone recommend playing the original version? Or is the EE verison hands down, without a doubt better in all regards?

I ask because I need to mod the font for readability reasons, and because there is no mod support for EE, I'm considering playing the original version.

Does anyone recommend playing the original version? Or is the EE verison hands down, without a doubt better in all regards?

I ask because I need to mod the font for readability reasons, and because there is no mod support for EE, I'm considering playing the original version.

There's some mods for EE, including the 4player mod and the font mod. They haven't released the modding tools for EE, but people were modding the original game way before the tools were released back then too, and they're using the same systems now.

patapuf

When one of MY characters perishes I can resurrect them with a resurrect scroll / spell, but if one of my other party members perishes they are gone for good?, they seem to have a big gravestone, where as my characters don't

It's been a while since i played coop but you should be able to resurrect your brothers party.

Ourobolus

Banned
Woo,
Sparkmaster
robot down! Man, I feel like that was even easier than the original though. Just
give the remote to someone that has at least 8 turn AP and make them discharge the electricity and disable weapons each turn. Let everyone else fight.

I did appreciate the changes to the fight, though.

lol check the center of the pool. There is a totem.

Thanks, this was the solution. Of course, it would've been helpful if the game explained what a totem was at any point in the 10 hours I've been playing, or if the thing was even placed more obviously on the map. I never even noticed it until you said something. From my perspective it just looked like my party was burning for no damn reason.

Decided to create cleric and mage characters. Probably pick up the Warrior and Ranger companions.

I felt like to go for a challenge and picked Tactician mode. The first fight against the undead is already a big challenge. 5 versus 2, with 2 archers. My first attempt didn't go so well since the enemy all went after the mage.

I'll try that fight again with more thought put into it.

Baalzebup

Thanks, this was the solution. Of course, it would've been helpful if the game explained what a totem was at any point in the 10 hours I've been playing, or if the thing was even placed more obviously on the map. I never even noticed it until you said something. From my perspective it just looked like my party was burning for no damn reason.

The game expects you to make observations and deductions. There are a shitload of hidden stuff and non-standard solutions that the game most certainly won't tell you about, but you can figure out if you apply some out of the box thinking.

Decided to create cleric and mage characters. Probably pick up the Warrior and Ranger companions.

I felt like to go for a challenge and picked Tactician mode. The first fight against the undead is already a big challenge. 5 versus 2, with 2 archers. My first attempt didn't go so well since the enemy all went after the mage.

I'll try that fight again with more thought put into it.

Crowd control is the key. Don't be afraid to use your consumables either. I had a rogue and modified knight/cleric and used both my bomb type items on that one.

QaaQer

There's some mods for EE, including the 4player mod and the font mod. They haven't released the modding tools for EE, but people were modding the original game way before the tools were released back then too, and they're using the same systems now.

Cheers. But least as far as fonts go, it is more of a hack than a mod. And my AV gave me a warning with the unpack tool I found. The old unpack tool doesn't work on the new game.pak.

I'll poke around a bit more. IDK why they chose a serif font instead of one of the more modern lcd friendly ones.

Itachi87

I've already beaten the original game twice. May jump back in. For those playing on higher difficulty, how's tactician mode so far?

shmoglish

Have you tried to revive them? Should be possible.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I just clicked the pedestal and my character put the right item on it right away. Not sure what your problem was.

http://reactiongifs.com/?p=11274

. . .like at all. Certainly not after clicking on the pedestal every which way but loose. Pretty sure the only way to do that is to use

throw

As I found out and others mentioned in thread.

Is Madora's voice really that annoying? I haven't got her yet but I see quite a few people complain about her.

She sounds like a bumbling Texan. Given that they haven't fixed the "refresh" rate of NPC chatter (which is mind-boggling) this is surprising. Also some of the voice acting is quite bad.

The game expects you to make observations and deductions. There are a shitload of hidden stuff and non-standard solutions that the game most certainly won't tell you about, but you can figure out if you apply some out of the box thinking.

I would've figured it out had I even noticed the thing or, when I did, realised it was more than a fancy looking brazier - guess I need to use the cursor more to scan areas for secrets and stuff, but playing on console it's not something that has come to mind very often.

ChanMan

Welp I restarted my save and I think I going to run a mage and knight just got to decide on who will be my crafter.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yes, within range, and they also highlight blue (as I assume they are supposed to)

Hm, weird. You should be able to activate the scroll, click on a character's portrait, and a ring should pop up that shows the range in which you can revive them.

Fucking misclicks are driving me nuts. I try to attack a target, it does an idle animation, miss, then walk into fire. I try to click on something that is on uneven ground and end up walking past it, putting my character is danger. Why can't there be some confirmation?

Ourobolus

Banned
Fucking misclicks are driving me nuts. I try to attack a target, it does an idle animation, miss, then walk into fire. I try to click on something that is on uneven ground and end up walking past it, putting my character is danger. Why can't there be some confirmation?

Yeah, this is one of the things I really wish they had fixed.

Top Bottom