• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: OS - EE |OT| No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!

From the patch notes, you can see the new grenade recipes. Jewelry is I assume still the same, wiki has a full list.

- Any bottle + hammer = broken bottle
- Broken bottle + empty round grenade = armor piercing
- Poison + empty round grenade = Mustardgas
- Intestines or rotten eggs + canister = chem warfare
- Bottle + oil barrel = bottle of oil
- Bottle of oil + fuse = molotov cocktail
- Rope + rope = fuse
- Tormented soul + canister = terror grenade
- Pixie Dust + Empty Perfume bottle = love grenade
- Magic star fish (any) + empty holy grenade = holy hand grenade (healing)
- Air res potion + canister = Flashbang
- Jellyfish mushroom + canister = Flashbang
- Bottle or cup or barrel or bucket of water + intestines = water balloon
- Earth essence + canister = tremor grenade
- Water essence + empty round grenade = ice grenade
- Fire essence + empty round grenade = fire grenade
- Bottle or cup or barrel of OIL + empty flask = oil flask

Looking at the homestead spell vendors and silverglen vendors, it seems a bunch of spells are missing and will be drop/craft only. Some of the new skills look kinda meh too, but some others look pretty awesome, I'll have to test these master skills to figure out which ones I want.

Lanrutcon

Rebalanced Economy apparently means items sell for shit, but are still expensive.

Just sold 4 purple, 1 pink and 3 blue punch daggers. Wonder if magic bows exist in the world. My two archers sure would like to find out.

Xeteh

I really need to stop using air damage weapons, I'm tired of my Knight being stunned constantly because he's tanking everything and standing in blood.

I'm having more fun with the game than I did last time, so hopefully I can surpass my progress from the original edition. It's funny how the game, a CRPG, plays better on controller, but I wish that it didn't lock out KB/M. After playing a while the inventory looks like an atomic bomb shitstorm went off, and I'd like to be able to drag and drop things around. Controller eliminates the misclicks, though, so it's a must have now.

Ploid 3.0

Yesterday I mentioned I was starting over to try some different stuff and I'm totally enjoying the mess out of my new setup. So much crowd control, so much stealth and tools by my melee rogue with disabling touches (he can take on and keep 3 enemies on lockdown, preferably funneled archers/mages). I've been wrecking tactical, looks like the max difficulty is next. It was very tough to get the two characters to the city from the start though. Thank goodness they gave me a smoke screen at the start of the game.

It's unfortunate that henchmen don't catch up when you hire them or add them back to your party anymore. It kinda makes me need to put points in crafting skills on my main companions/characters.

crawling infestation is beyond useless. Every one and their mother has body building and you need pass 3 turn of save throws..........

Dangit, thanks for the heads up and it makes me very sad. Oh well. I haven't made it to that level yet thankfully.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So apparently the connection problems I am having are just there for the time being. Others having the same problem.as well with no solution online that I have seen. Very upsetting that I got the game to play coop and yet I can't do it :/

Yesterday I mentioned I was starting over to try some different stuff and I'm totally enjoying the mess out of my new setup. So much crowd control, so much stealth and tools by my melee rogue with disabling touches (he can take on and keep 3 enemies on lockdown, preferably funneled archers/mages). I've been wrecking tactical, looks like the max difficulty is next. It was very tough to get the two characters to the city from the start though. Thank goodness they gave me a smoke screen at the start of the game.

It's unfortunate that henchmen don't catch up when you hire them or add them back to your party anymore. It kinda makes me need to put points in crafting skills on my main companions/characters.

Dangit, thanks for the heads up and it makes me very sad. Oh well. I haven't made it to that level yet thankfully.

it could have some use if you have high dex. But its only +5% per dex beyond 12... Why not take speed instead? Or constitution.
Completely useless.

I might just skip playing my PS4 Fallout 4 preorder until at least the 2nd or 3rd patch just to keep playing this. Maybe longer. I hope Larian develops a steady stream of these games for console. This game alone justifies kickstarter.

Xeilyn

This game guys, this game! Ive put in 10 hours today and after grabbing some food im ready for more, wish i didnt have to work tomorrow...

Sanctuary

So has anyone read and tried the self-immolation spell? It actually does what you think it should do, but the description is completely wrong. It says that it gives you and those around you within five meters a 25% fire resistance buff. When my group suddenly bursts into flames, I wanna say bullshit.

Xeteh

So has anyone read and tried the self-immolation spell? It actually does what you think it should do, but the description is completely wrong. It says that it gives you and those around you within five meters a 25% fire resistance buff. When my group suddenly bursts into flames, I wanna say bullshit.

I stopped trusting any flames/electricity/poison my team can do because I swear it finds magical ways to chain to my characters.

I checked out that self-immolation spell a few times but I just didn't trust it so I never bought it. Though, it might be fun on a Battlemage-type but I have no idea how I'd go about building one.

Burt

I really need to stop using air damage weapons, I'm tired of my Knight being stunned constantly because he's tanking everything and standing in blood.

I stopped trusting any flames/electricity/poison my team can do because I swear it finds magical ways to chain to my characters.

I checked out that self-immolation spell a few times but I just didn't trust it so I never bought it. Though, it might be fun on a Battlemage-type but I have no idea how I'd go about building one.

Yeah, I forgot how they really got a bit overzealous with the environmental effects. I enjoy them, but walking the tightrope can get exasperating after a while. The swimming pools worth of electrified blood are probably the most egregious example. As if my rogue wasn't at enough of a disadvantage compared to mages.

Nete

Fuck the
lightning zombies
just oustide Cyseal. They are the perfect counter for my party: a Lone Wolf mage whose only damaging skills for now are electric and a Lone Wolf melee that can't do shit after the first attack. These are new, aren't they? I don't remember them on the original game, at least.

Luckily there are other ways to go outside that area without using those doors, but ffs.

On the other hand, Tactician mode feels really, really good.

Xeteh

Yeah, I forgot how they really got a bit overzealous with the environmental effects. I enjoy them, but walking the tightrope can get exasperating after a while. The swimming pools worth of electrified blood are probably the most egregious example. As if my rogue wasn't at enough of a disadvantage compared to mages.

Yeah they're absolutely brutal. One of my characters is a Knight with Wolgraff in the party and they are seemingly stunned for most of the fight because my Enchanter has an Air wand and Bairdotr's bow has some air damage. Then you add in all of the status effects that every enemy archer/mage constantly casts and each battle becomes 'wait until I can do a thing'.

Fuck the
lightning zombies
just oustide Cyseal. They are the perfect counter for my party: a Lone Wolf mage whose only damaging skills for now are electric and a Lone Wolf melee that can't do shit after the first attack. These are new, aren't they? I don't remember them on the original game, at least.

I keep thinking of doing dual Lone Wolf simply because I don't really like the choices for followers. Wolgraff and Bairdotr are alright but they aren't the most useful but I can't stand Madora and Jahan, their personalities are insanely annoying.

I think that those zombies might a Tactician mode thing, I'm playing classic and on my way to the church and I never saw any lightning zombies.

Corpekata

Banned
Fuck the
lightning zombies

Luckily there are other ways to go outside that area without using those doors, but ffs.

They are the Tactician tweak to the fight.

Seems like pretty much every fight I've encountered has had something.

Lanrutcon

Ok, no. The new loot rng is screwed. 3 more purple punch daggers in 4 chests. That brings me to the region of 12 purple punch daggers and 2 pink ones.

Lanrutcon

Time to respec to all Rogues. It is really the only solution.

Or store them all, and send a screenie of my collection to Larian right before the end boss.

:p but really. My loot rng is just pants.

That being said, I am thoroughly enjoying myself. My Scoundrel/Archer crossbow stealth grenadier character is working stupidly well. Grenades are stunning. Their low cost + self haste + self invisibility + speed means the character can walk right up to group of guys, and then fire/poison/tremor/stun in a single turn.

Fuck the
lightning zombies

Lone Wolf on Tactician is gonna be rough, especially without Glass Cannon. There's a bunch of fights that have immune to physical/immune to elemental mobs. Totally doable, but yeah you'll want to keep various types of wands and a good amount of grenades for your warrior.

You can respec characters in this?

You can but the option comes fairly late, unless you rush for it which requires decent knowledge of the game.

Finally finished Cyseal, last fight was way easier than I expected, I thought the tactician change would make it crazy but it's like zzz stuff, and I feel the boss was even nerfed since I don't remember debuffs sticking to him that much, I had like 8 different debuffs on him. Didn't notice after the fight I had enough skill points for 5pt dual wield either. Finally done with that, now I can invest in Scoundrel and learn all those stupid books I've been carrying for 4levels.

Melee rogue is definitely different, and not nearly as OP, but I find it pretty strong still. And I get to use skills and stuff, rather than just mash sneak backstabs.

tengiants

Add this to the small but growing list of games my wife likes to play with me. She really loves it. Playing on PC on the TV with a couple gamepads. What an awesome co-op experience so far.

Maybesew

Is level 5 too far in to consider moving my character in a new direction? I started as a wayfarer becusse I wanted a ranger but liked starting with the summon spider spell. Now I added water magic and she is a decent healer as well. I kind of like the idea of taking her in the magic direction and just keep her with a crossbow. Are there any pitfalls I could come across if I stay down this road?

Xeteh

Is level 5 too far in to consider moving my character in a new direction? I started as a wayfarer becusse I wanted a ranger but liked starting with the summon spider spell. Now I added water magic and she is a decent healer as well. I kind of like the idea of taking her in the magic direction and just keep her with a crossbow. Are there any pitfalls I could come across if I stay down this road?

I think you'll be fine. You could stick with the single point in Hydro for a while without much issue.

Old Church spoilers
So Braccus Rex killed both my characters on his very first turn with meteors. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that.

Corpekata

Banned
Earth spells aren't massively offensive but they work as a combustion agent for fire spells. Earth + Fire is one of the more reliable elemental combos especially early on.

Earth by itself is a bit weak early, as you fight tons of undead and they are immune or even get healed by poison.

OmegaDL50

Earth spells aren't massively offensive but they work as a combustion agent for fire spells. Earth + Fire is one of the more reliable elemental combos especially early on.

Earth by itself is a bit weak early, as you fight tons of undead and they are immune or even get healed by poison.

Hmm odd, I remember using that Giant Boulder spell back in the original version and it not doing much damage, but in EE it does decent damage also apparently a chance to add oil status which seems new.

So I guess some of the Earth offensive spells got buffed somewhat.

Llyranor

Earth+Fire is a great combination. Earth also has some nice area knockdown spells.

Durante

Wasn't the boulder spell massively OP already by being an AoE knockdown?

Edit: guess I wasn't the only one remembering that!

The new earth spells are pretty solid for damage, there's a touch and a cone aoe and both petrify on hit which is good/bad depending on your setup since I'm pretty sure petrified mobs get a bunch of armor like frozen. The poison spells do good damage in a vacuum but way too many enemies are resistant or immune to poison so they end up just being food for fire.

Boulder Bash does a bunch more stuff now, but doesn't knockdown anymore. Only knockdown spell is Earthquake.

Water is pretty crap for damage.

I think you'll be fine. You could stick with the single point in Hydro for a while without much issue.

Old Church spoilers
So Braccus Rex killed both my characters on his very first turn with meteors. Not sure what I'm supposed to do about that.

The "trick" I'd say is to
go to Silverglen, get the Fire absorb shield spell from the vendor there, precast it on your "tank" who runs in(ungrouped so your other char doesn't stand close) and soak up the meteor. Any fire resist gear also helps a lot. If you don't want to bother going to Silverglen, Avatar of Fire can do the trick, it's 25% fire resist and immunity to burning so it mitigates a decent amount of damage, my non lone wolf warrior with 6constitution survived with just that. I don't think he reuses the meteor, so you just need to survive it.

Lone Wolf on Tactician is gonna be rough, especially without Glass Cannon. There's a bunch of fights that have immune to physical/immune to elemental mobs. Totally doable, but yeah you'll want to keep various types of wands and a good amount of grenades for your warrior.

You can but the option comes fairly late, unless you rush for it which requires decent knowledge of the game.

Finally finished Cyseal, last fight was way easier than I expected, I thought the tactician change would make it crazy but it's like zzz stuff, and I feel the boss was even nerfed since I don't remember debuffs sticking to him that much, I had like 8 different debuffs on him. Didn't notice after the fight I had enough skill points for 5pt dual wield either. Finally done with that, now I can invest in Scoundrel and learn all those stupid books I've been carrying for 4levels.

Melee rogue is definitely different, and not nearly as OP, but I find it pretty strong still. And I get to use skills and stuff, rather than just mash sneak backstabs.

skills are not powerful enough so you will stick to backstab later ;p just no sneak.

Xeteh

The "trick" I'd say is to
go to Silverglen, get the Fire absorb shield spell from the vendor there, precast it on your "tank" who runs in(ungrouped so your other char doesn't stand close) and soak up the meteor. Any fire resist gear also helps a lot. If you don't want to bother going to Silverglen, Avatar of Fire can do the trick, it's 25% fire resist and immunity to burning so it mitigates a decent amount of damage, my non lone wolf warrior with 6constitution survived with just that. I don't think he reuses the meteor, so you just need to survive it.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a shot. I feel like I should have made my Knight a Fighter instead because he's used more as a tank and rarely gets to smack things in the harder fights.

skills are not powerful enough so you will stick to backstab later ;p just no sneak.

Some are still useful, Venomous Strike was nice so far, sadly poison doesn't scale well I believe otherwise it'd be useful since it can backstab(so it's a backstab dmg that poisons, but it's 4AP so once you have 5DW it's meh), but Lacerate when you can't get into position for a backstab/are out of range is great and Daggers Drawn is worth using whenever it's up since it's 280% dmg for 6AP instead of 200% for 2 backstabs. Trip and Eye Gouge are nice for utility too, and Trip especially increases your damage a lot with Bully and Headstrong.

Creeping Infestation being bad kinda sucks though, I wanted it to be good. You tested the toy?

Lanrutcon

Hmm odd, I remember using that Giant Boulder spell back in the original version and it not doing much damage, but in EE it does decent damage also apparently a chance to add oil status which seems new.

So I guess some of the Earth offensive spells got buffed somewhat.

All spells scale better now in terms of damage numbers. But to balance it out, they've removed or retooled a few of them. Fire isn't the powerhouse it used to be, for example.

The new spell progression really lends itself well to multi-school casters. I think Witchcraft 3/Aero 1/Pyro 3/Geo 1 is very strong. Gets you Oath, Rapture, Teleport, Oil, Fireball and Fire Elemental.

Top Bottom