• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: OS - EE |OT| No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!

epmode

It also reduces the amount of AP needed for spells.
You sure about that? I don't think spell scool levels reduce AP requirements at all.

Intelligence lowers cooldowns, spell schools give access to more spells. 5 points in a school also unlocks a talent.

Lanrutcon

Okay so adding more points into a spell school only lets me learn higher tier spells or does it confer bonuses to the spells I already have? Ex. Does my Flare get better if I go from pyro 1 to pyro 2, and are there higher tier versions of the same spells.

On that note should I branch my magic user from the two starting elements? Is summon spider actually bad or am I just bad with it?

So here's how I understand it (someone correct me if I'm wrong):

1. You need a minimum amount of points in a spell school to learn spells of the 3 tiers: novice, adept and master. Example: I can't cast Meteor until I qualify for master level fire spells.

2. You qualify to learn a certain amount of spells, based on your points in your spell school. Example: I get one master fire spell at rank 4, but 2 at rank 5.

3. In order to cast a spell without penalties, you need more than the minimum points in the school. This applies to mostly to adept and master spells. Example: I may be able to cast meteor at 4, but you'll get AP penalties until you reach the recommended score, which I believe is 5.

4. You need a minimum intelligence to cast spells without penalties. Example: without good Int score, you get AP penalties on all master rank spells.

5. Having excess intelligence confers bonuses to the cooldown of the spell. Example: beating the minimum amount of intelligence to cast your adept spells will lower their cooldown.

6. Certain spells scale their damage with character level. Example: your novice rank offensive magic do more damage at level 10 than at level 1.

7. Certain spells scale their % to work intelligence. Example:your novice rank spells that apply status changes have a higher % to work with higher intelligence.

Short version: your character level, intelligence and school rank all factor in when casting.

Lanrutcon

you mean smoke grenades?

Grenades, full stop.

Have him stealth(Shadow Walk) in, throw a charm/tremor/stun grenade from stealth to begin combat with some of the enemy disabled. Then when it's his turn, throw a poison grenade, then a fire grenade. I promise you that combination does more damage then he could do with a sword/knife.

That's his job until he gets a few levels under his belt and enough gear to actually hit things and not get killed in return :)

Edit:

Some early grenade crafting tips:
- Empty Bottles are everywhere. Pick them up.
- Oil barrels are all over the place too. There's one in the harbor, for example, and many to the NW of the town.
- Fuses are cheap to buy, or just buy rope. 2 Ropes makes a fuse.
- Empty Bottle + Oil barrel = Bottle of Oil. Bottle of Oil + fuse = fire grenade. Barrel is not consumed.
- Poison barrels are pretty common too.
- Empty flasks can be bought cheaply from vendors.
- Poison barrel + empty flask = poison grenade. Barrel is not consumed.

Johndoey

Banned
So here's how I understand it (someone correct me if I'm wrong):

1. You need a minimum amount of points in a spell school to learn spells of the 3 tiers: novice, adept and master. Example: I can't cast Meteor until I qualify for master level fire spells.

2. You qualify to learn a certain amount of spells, based on your points in your spell school. Example: I get one master fire spell at rank 4, but 2 at rank 5.

3. In order to cast a spell without penalties, you need more than the minimum points in the school. This applies to mostly to adept and master spells. Example: I may be able to cast meteor at 4, but you'll get AP penalties until you reach the recommended score, which I believe is 5.

4. You need a minimum intelligence to cast spells without penalties. Example: without good Int score, you get AP penalties on all master rank spells.

5. Having excess intelligence confers bonuses to the cooldown of the spell. Example: beating the minimum amount of intelligence to cast your adept spells will lower their cooldown.

6. Certain spells scale their damage with character level. Example: your novice rank offensive magic do more damage at level 10 than at level 1.

7. Certain spells scale their % to work intelligence. Example:your novice rank spells that apply status changes have a higher % to work with higher intelligence.

Short version: your character level, intelligence and school rank all factor in when casting.
Alright thanks.

20 hours in and I am loving Tactician mode. Hopefully the challenge will maintain throughout the campaign.

I have however noticed that the first zone (i.e. Cyseal) is near identical to the original game in terms of quests, NPCs and terrains. Can someone here please confirm whether the following zones have changed much from the original.

danowat

Banned
Edit:

Some early grenade crafting tips:
- Empty Bottles are everywhere. Pick them up.
- Oil barrels are all over the place too. There's one in the harbor, for example, and many to the NW of the town.
- Fuses are cheap to buy, or just buy rope. 2 Ropes makes a fuse.
- Empty Bottle + Oil barrel = Bottle of Oil. Bottle of Oil + fuse = fire grenade. Barrel is not consumed.
- Poison barrels are pretty common too.
- Empty flasks can be bought cheaply from vendors.
- Poison barrel + empty flask = poison grenade. Barrel is not consumed.
so Oil must be bottle and poison must be flask?

I basically scoured all of Cyseal and noticed they changed up a lot of things from the original PC version:

- Full fledged voice acting also meant that every old line was redubbed as well. RIP in pieces nasally voiced cheese vendor. Eglander's voicework A+ material though.

- Arhu
is now affiliated with Zixzax and gives a huge hint for the first quest. He also gives you the pyramids instead of Zixzax.

- A newly added Legionnaire now takes Aurous role as the quest giver of the 3 landmarks quests

- More Fabulous Five members at the King Crab Inn.

- Wolgraff starts with dual daggers instead of just one.

-
Weaver of Time is not initially a mute. Also the plot is explained more concise.

-
Conduit makes an early appearance on the very first fight.

- a Shovel placed right on the graveyard. Makes it easier for people who couldn't find one beforehand.

-
Void Dragon is shown straight away at observatory. Did this happen in the original? I forgot.

- More steps were added to that performer quest but it was interesting.

Johndoey

Banned
Is there anywhere in the first town to grab any offensive pyro skillbooks or geomancer skillbooks I made some questionable choices with my CC mage and I need another offensive spell.

Is there anywhere in the first town to grab any offensive pyro skillbooks or geomancer skillbooks I made some questionable choices with my CC mage and I need another offensive spell.

Arhu sells pyro and geomancer skillbooks. He's all the way to the east of Cyseal with the Legionaries.

Ploid 3.0

Why are the wikis so poor for this? Any good places that go into detail about the mechanics?

Still can't decide if I want to stick with controller or mouse. Mouse UI is a bit small on a TV though.

The devs didn't put every change into the change log so people have to discover things and differences. With the new version, and it now launched for consoles as the only version for them it just muddy the whole information search.

You sure about that? I don't think spell scool levels reduce AP requirements at all.

Intelligence lowers cooldowns, spell schools give access to more spells. 5 points in a school also unlocks a talent.

At 2 points you can learn adept spells but you use them at a increased AP cost. At 3 you can use adept spells at their normal price. So basically it is a penalty to prevent you from getting too strong too fast, and I like it compared to the original. It is a pretty smart way to curve power a bit than before.

Each spell (not sure if it is individual or just based on the difficulty level of novice, adept, etc) will list what level of mastery you should be at.

The game isn't hard on classic, but I hope the trend of enemies going first and freezing/stunning your party on the first turn before you can do anything doesn't continue. Noticing it a lot more in the second area, and it's more annoying than anything else.

At 2 points you can learn adept spells but you use them at a increased AP cost. At 3 you can use adept spells at their normal price. So basically it is a penalty to prevent you from getting too strong too fast, and I like it compared to the original. It is a pretty smart way to curve power a bit than before.

Each spell (not sure if it is individual or just based on the difficulty level of novice, adept, etc) will list what level of mastery you should be at.

Actually, some adepts work fine at 2. It depends on the spell. Some are recommended for lvl 2, some for lvl 3, having less than recommended gives a 2AP penalty per points under. This is similar for novice skills, some need 2, some need 1. For example Fortify needs 2 earth or it costs 2AP more, while Bless works fine at 1 without a penalty. For adepts iirc smokescreen requires 2pyro but fireball requires 3(and due to its high base cost, it makes it hard to use in combat without 3). Masters also have some at 4 and some at 5. Sadly this isn't reflected on the books tooltips until you learn them, so wiki tends to be a good source of information for that. Some spells can also be worth casting even with the penalty, like purifying fire or cleansing water if you need them to remove important stuff. If you're lower level than the books though you can tell, lvl 1 book=need 1pt in the skill, lvl 3 book=need 2, lvl 6book=need 3, lvl 12book=need 4 and lvl 15book=need 5. I think that's how it works at least.

On the stealth and rogue thing, I'd advise against getting any sneaking, at all. The invis spell is a lot better for stealing and what not and lasts long enough to do fight preparation in most cases, and sneaking is terrible in combat. As a result, Guerilla is also a poor choice, especially since on top of the sneaking nerf, it was also nerfed to 50% dmg.

Grenades are nice if you want to craft them, the molotov ones and poison ones are very easy to make though so those are ok early game, but otherwise rogues do fairly decent damage fairly quick. Do get 2pt dual wield asap(and then 5, ignore everything else but maybe 2pt scoundrel) and a blacksmith to sharpen your weapons for additional damage(and eventually once you have 5 blacksmith, to craft daggers that are way better than the dropped ones). I'd say first 6 or so levels, the rogue is gonna be kinda meh, then it starts getting pretty solid. And once you stop fighting undeads constantly, it becomes way way better. At 12 my rogue can kill 3 casters/archer in a single turn with the right preparation, even if they're not standing too close to each other(obviously if they're all super far, I'll only kill like 2). Can also kill bosses in one round if they're knocked down, though not every boss can be knocked down, especially the real big bosses.

Nyx

My Marksman feels the weakest at the moment, his Ricochet spell isn't always handy and furthermore he can only shoot with his bow for damage. (which isn't much at all...)

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Tried out dualwield dagger rogue on Tactical Mode this weekend. Worked out decently enough. My companion was an Earth/Water mage running full utility, using spiderbro, oil, and heal. We're level 7 now just doing various quests. I wish you could start with a summoning skill with Witchcraft though.

My Marksman feels the weakest at the moment, his Ricochet spell isn't always handy and furthermore he can only shoot with his bow for damage. (which isn't much at all...)

My NPC ranger is lvl 10 now and things are much better. A combination of glass cannon and bully has been working nice since my other characters can knock enemies on their ass for a nice +50% damage boost. She gets so many attacks with glass cannon that I find I have to repair her bow often. I'm actually using special arrows this time around also, and they can be amazing to prime, or trigger combos.

My NPC ranger is lvl 10 now and things are much better. A combination of glass cannon and bully has been working nice since my other characters can knock enemies on their ass for a nice +50% damage boost. She gets so many attacks with glass cannon that I find I have to repair her bow often. I'm actually using special arrows this time around also, and they can be amazing to prime, or trigger combos.

Edit: Nvm I read that wrong.

Miker

Dual wielding wands is pretty great. 100% chance to hit with great range and elemental damage and bonus skills from the wands - twice! - seems pretty good. It gives my mage a chance to be useful in between his long-ass cooldowns.

there need to be a higher difficulty mode than tactical mode because it has been really easy for a long while. Iron man mode doesnt count because one miss click while moving can doom your whole party lol.

I even stopped distributing level up points yet still overpowered :(

How is hiring henchmen supposed to work? Because I think I may have run into a gamebreaking bug.

I rushed to the hall of heroes to see what the henchmen are like. When I talk to the henchman merchant, he says he will show you the available characters. A single henchman appears... and then nothing. I can't talk to or highlight the merchant or henchman.

This is the first time I got here so I'mk not sure how this is supposed to play out, but I assume he lines up all the available henchmen and allows you to inspect and purchase them. Am I doing something wrong or did the scripting break? Reloading an earlier save doesn't fix it.

EDIT: It looks like this:

mqxFW3Y.png

MnqzWrr.png

MEne0uM.jpg

Xeteh

Fighting some goblins in Luculla and they apparently get 2305 AP each turn because they move a fair bit then attack like 4 times. This is really frustrating.

Rangers seem to take a bit to get strong but they can do a lot of damage. Make sure you grab Ranged Precision Stance as soon as possible (I think it requires level 3) and that helps a ton with accuracy. Otherwise just tough it out for the first bit, my Ranger (using Bairdotr) is doing some work at level 13, she hits hard and with all of the special arrow options she can do a ton.

How is hiring henchmen supposed to work? Because I think I may have run into a gamebreaking bug.

I rushed to the hall of heroes to see what the henchmen are like. When I talk to the henchman merchant, he says he will show you the available characters. A single henchman appears... and then nothing. I can't talk to or highlight the merchant or henchman.

This is the first time I got here so I'mk not sure how this is supposed to play out, but I assume he lines up all the available henchmen and allows you to inspect and purchase them. Am I doing something wrong or did the scripting break? Reloading an earlier save doesn't fix it.

Are you playing co-op? The only time I had that bug was when I played co-op, otherwise it worked fine. It is super frustrating though.

EDIT: It looks like this:

The UI also disappears too, right? I had that glitch as well. Guess they didn't fix this bug. Shame, because I want to make a dedicated crafter already.

Sanctuary

This honestly seems to only make any kind of real difference with Novice level spells. It's very rare for most fights to last 6+ turns. So in the end, INT seems like nothing more than a requirement to "equip" a spell without penalities.

The UI also disappears too, right? I had that glitch as well. Guess they didn't fix this bug. Shame, because I want to make a dedicated crafter already.

Are you supposed to hire someone, then leave them there while you are off adventuring, and return after you've gained a few levels? Because the list for me was level 2 to level 20, and grabbing a level 2 just had him stay at level 2. Even after dismissing and grabbing him again, he didn't scale to my level.

Welp, looks like i cant run this game since i dont have direct x 11, which is stupid because my older laptop didnt even have dx11 and it could run the original version perfectly fine.

Oh well, steam refunds are a thing i guess.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Welp, looks like i cant run this game since i dont have direct x 11, which is stupid because my older laptop didnt even have dx11 and it could run the original version perfectly fine.

Oh well, steam refunds are a thing i guess.

Why would you need a refund for a free game? Unless of course you pirated the original.

Are you playing co-op? The only time I had that bug was when I played co-op, otherwise it worked fine. It is super frustrating though.

No, this happened to me in single-player.

The UI didn't disappear for me, I just didn't include it in the screenshot.

Lanrutcon

4 AP let's you fire a special arrow. So with 8 AP you can do a poison cloud arrow, and then an explosive arrow. The damage is great, you hit multiple targets and you potentially apply 2 high damage dots. You also set a lot of hazards for the enemy to navigate. This is a very simple combo that can be done from early in the game. It'll tide you over until you can...

1. Craft better stuff! That's right: get a decent base bow/crossbow, apply a bowstring, apply a tormented heart and apply the elemental essence of your choice. Looking better now, eh?
2. Get better skills. Ricochet is cute, but the good stuff is Shrapnel Arrow, Barrage and Arrow Spray. Those aren't even the master level skills. Remember to target Shrapnel Arrow at a single enemy to apply all the lovely damage to one target.
3. Get some caster backup. For 3 AP a Witchcraft practitioner can apply Oath to your Marksman, giving you 50% more damage.

I'm running 2 Marksmen and 2 Mages, and normal mode is such a pushover. Form a firing line, barrage with special arrows/spells, loot when the smoke clears.

Sanctuary

Shrapnel and Arrow Spray are Master level skills, and too much of the geometry issues in this game (on top of positioning in general) makes Arrow Spray very situational. Anyway, Marksman being so heavily reliant on crafting or buying special arrows isn't actually a good thing. No other class is so heavily reliant on consumables. Although, once you hit level 9 they start to get pretty strong without them.

Oath is also 40% now. It's still good, but people keep saying 50%, and they changed it.

Does anyone know if Andy Serkis did any voice acting in this? If not, then his best impersonator as Gollum is in.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Somehow the EE (on PC) is way more buggy than the original in coop for me and my friend. We're constantly having what I guess are syncing issues. My client often shows myself or other party members at about 80% HP while my friends client shows them at full HP (he's the host). Healing doesn't work and the only solution is unequipping and reequiping a +HP item. The turn order is a complete mess and does show a wrong order most of the time for us. Sometimes turns left on buffs or debuffs are wrong aswell. The craziest thing was in the fight we just had where I got a debuff that lowered all my stats and even after the debuff was gone all my stats stayed at 5 permanently, even after the combat finished. Due to the low stats my spells cost f.e. 7 AP instead of 4, but casting them only used 4 AP as intended, which meant the more expensive spells were greyed out even though I theoretically had enough AP to cast them. We had to quit and reload to fix it.

Is anyone else experiencing this amount of strange behaviour/bugs while playing coop?

Somehow the EE (on PC) is way more buggy than the original in coop for me and my friend. We're constantly having what I guess are syncing issues. My client often shows myself or other party members at about 80% HP while my friends client shows them at full HP (he's the host). Healing doesn't work and the only solution is unequipping and reequiping a +HP item. The turn order is a complete mess and does show a wrong order most of the time for us. Sometimes turns left on buffs or debuffs are wrong aswell. The craziest thing was in the fight we just had where I got a debuff that lowered all my stats and even after the debuff was gone all my stats stayed at 5 permanently, even after the combat finished. Due to the low stats my spells cost f.e. 7 AP instead of 4, but casting them only used 4 AP as intended, which meant the more expensive spells were greyed out even though I theoretically had enough AP to cast them. We had to quit and reload to fix it.

Is anyone else experiencing this amount of strange behaviour/bugs while playing coop?

Some of these bugs, the timeline/turn order, the buffs/debuff cooldown, this happens solo too, so not an issue with coop. I don't think the cooldown stuff is ever right, the timeline seems to break only sometimes.

Shrapnel and Arrow Spray are Master level skills, and too much of the geometry issues in this game (on top of positioning in general) makes Arrow Spray very situational. Anyway, Marksman being so heavily reliant on crafting or buying special arrows isn't actually a good thing. No other class is so heavily reliant on consumables. Although, once you hit level 9 they start to get pretty strong without them.

Oath is also 40% now. It's still good, but people keep saying 50%, and they changed it.

Does anyone know if Andy Serkis did any voice acting in this? If not, then his best impersonator as Gollum is in.

try shooting arrow spray point blank. The amount of arrows the target will receive.......

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Some of these bugs, the timeline/turn order, the buffs/debuff cooldown, this happens solo too, so not an issue with coop. I don't think the cooldown stuff is ever right, the timeline seems to break only sometimes.

Oh, good to know, thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

sad that Ulthrax'Ulkar still
dies so easily. Destorying bloodstone should just remove the void aura but not killing it instantly! i need a epic fight with powerful demon!

Sanctuary

try shooting arrow spray point blank. The amount of arrows the target will receive.......

I don't usually have Scarlett in the front lines, mostly because I took Hyperopia. I also didn't say the skill wasn't useful, it's just situationally so. Much earlier, you can get somewhat of a similar effect by using Splintered Arrow on a single target too.

I also wasn't trying to suggest that Marksmanship wasn't good. It's just that like many abilities in this game, the special arrows are pretty situational as well, and unless you have someone crafting arrows constantly, you would need to keep buying them or hoard them for the "I could really use this now" situations that rarely actually come.

On a side note, I've had somewhat of a drought of good spells (this in turn causes my Ranger to do most of the group's damage). I know you can craft whatever now, but almost all of the spells I've been able to craft that I don't have are level 15 Master spells, and I'm only level 12. I think level 9 was the last level either of my casters got anything new that was interesting, and I haven't found a single damage dealing spell for Jahan from his starter stuff other than Headvice. It's pathetic. He mostly just
summons Nick
and occasionally uses crowd control when it's ever needed and then wands.

Lanrutcon

I don't usually have Scarlett in the front lines, mostly because I took Hyperopia. I also didn't say the skill wasn't useful, it's just situationally so. Much earlier, you can get somewhat of a similar effect by using Splintered Arrow on a single target too.

I also wasn't trying to suggest that Marksmanship wasn't good. It's just that like many abilities in this game, the special arrows are pretty situational as well, and unless you have someone crafting arrows constantly, you would need to keep buying them or hoard them for the "I could really use this now" situations that rarely actually come.

The level 12 stuff is fine. I'm at a similar point (level 13). Jahan uses Chain Lightning, Rapture and Oath. My main caster uses Spores, Fireball and Flare. My rangers use special arrows, grenades, Barrage and Splintered Arrow (which I accidentally called Shrapnel earlier).

And there's an abundance of consumables now. You don't have to hoard anymore. Vendors restock without you having to level up, you essentially have infinite gold with Craft 5/Blacksmith 3. You could roll a group of 4 pumpkin farmers and just rely on consumables, more or less. I think that's exactly what the devs had in mind when they nerfed a lot of the abilities and retooled spell casting. Between grenades, scrolls and arrows the only limiting factor to fucking with the enemy is AP.

On a side note, I've had somewhat of a drought of good spells (this in turn causes my Ranger to do most of the group's damage). I know you can craft whatever now, but almost all of the spells I've been able to craft that I don't have are level 15 Master spells, and I'm only level 12. I think level 9 was the last level either of my casters got anything new that was interesting, and I haven't found a single damage dealing spell for Jahan from his starter stuff other than Headvice. It's pathetic. He mostly just
summons Nick
and occasionally uses crowd control when it's ever needed and then wands.

well Hyperopia is not... particularly good. For 7 ap, spray arrow can do 1K+ dmg to a single target after 40% dmg absorbtion, effectively kill them in one shot. Cost only 7 ap, 6 turn cool down. Not too shabby.

Champloo4

I bought this day one for XB1, but only just popped it in a couple days ago (because Halo). Really, really impressed. The inventory 'Give to' option for everything is really nice - a rather intuitive management option.
Question, is there a way to tell if things are 'junk'? I feel like I am hoarding everything in case I need it later for a recipe.

Our packs are full of fish, hair and shells lol.

Sanctuary

The level 12 stuff is fine. I'm at a similar point (level 13). Jahan uses Chain Lightning, Rapture and Oath. My main caster uses Spores, Fireball and Flare. My rangers use special arrows, grenades, Barrage and Splintered Arrow (which I accidentally called Shrapnel earlier).

I would totally use that, if a vendor actually sold it, or if it would actually show up during crafting. I've just kept him as Aero/Hydro too because I was also having him as the dedicated Blacksmith (which has been 95% useless for my group other than weapons on Madora and the rare occasion to mine silver for arrows). If I had to do it over, I probably would not bother with Blacksmith and just level Witchcraft on him instead. My main caster is Pyro/Geo/Witch. Currently that's actually been a boon too due to a lack of good things to cast damage wise due to cooldowns.

well Hyperopia is not... particularly good.

It was giving me around a 20% chance to hit on enemies that I only had 70% or less on. You can use Farseer, but it doesn't last the entire fight. I was at a point to where most of the talents were all relatively "meh", so I went for a chance to hit passive.

Maybesew

So I mistakenly killed the witchcraft/scoundrel book vendor. Will i find another vendor later in the game?

edit: second question, where can i find a furnance to use my ore?

I would totally use that, if a vendor actually sold it, or if it would actually show up during crafting. I've just kept him as Aero/Hydro too because I was also having him as the dedicated Blacksmith (which has been 95% useless for my group other than weapons on Madora and the rare occasion to mine silver for arrows). If I had to do it over, I probably would not bother with Blacksmith and just level Witchcraft on him instead. My main caster is Pyro/Geo/Witch. Currently that's actually been a boon too due to a lack of good things to cast damage wise due to cooldowns.

It was giving me around a 20% chance to hit on enemies that I only had 70% or less on. You can use Farseer, but it doesn't last the entire fight. I was at a point to where most of the talents were all relatively "meh", so I went for a passive.

ranged precision stance. +30% chance to hit. If you still can not get 90%+ chance to hit after that, than probably putting a few points into perception would be best... Help with traps too.
Farseer is more for combining with power stance.

Lanrutcon

I would totally use that, if a vendor actually sold it, or if it would actually show up during crafting.

Yeah, I had issues with my spell selection. Here's how you generally get what you want: you have someone with Scoundrel 1 and Shadow Walk? Well, you can Shadow Walk past any encounter. So go north east to the second map and enter Silverglen. There are 9 vendors there, with all spell schools covered. If there's a scroll there, craft it into a book. Maybe you get lucky and find a book there, since they generally carry higher level stuff than the first map's vendors.

Still didn't get what you want? Ok then. Head north from Silverglen, Shadow Walk passed the blockade. go through the desert. Enter the forest and head east. There's a river blocking your way to the next town. Normally you'd have to do..stuff...to get to the town. Why bother? have the rest of your party pyramid to where your Shadow Walker is, and teleport (or jump or netherswap or pass) him/her across the river. The developers tried to block this, but missed several spots. Check that town for your spell.

Still didn't get what you want? Well, since you're all the way on the east end of the map, why not use a bridge to go to the next map? From there just head south till you reach the next town. Check for your spell there.

Still didn't get your spell? Buy Craft 2, wear gear to get it to 5, save scum scroll crafting till you get it, craft the scroll into a book.

Edit: Yes. This means that you essentially have access to 90% of the vendors in the game from the moment you start the game. Invisibility is the key to breaking the game. I can also write volumes about using teleportation to break encounter triggers and generally break almost every scripted fight in the game. I just got netherswap and boy, the fun I am having.

Top Bottom