• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Divinity: OS - EE |OT| No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!

Sanctuary

Bows have their own upgrades, where you add a Sextant for perception and a bowstring for +dmg.

Unless they added another new item, they actually changed it from a
sextant to a scope.
Had one sitting in my bag for ages and finally got around trying to combine it, and it gives +1 perception on bows.

About tenebrium: does the weapon get an increase that's significantly larger than other element types? I read that once you start using "tenebrium weapons" that your damage no longer scales with the skill previously associated with it, but instead the tenebrium skill. Not sure how that actually works, since the bonus damage on the other elements is only a fraction of what the base weapon damage is.

Lanrutcon

Unless they added another new item, they actually changed it from a
sextant to a scope.
Had one sitting in my bag for ages and finally got around trying to combine it, and it gives +1 perception on bows.

About tenebrium: does the weapon get an increase that's significantly larger than other element types? I read that once you start using "tenebrium weapons" that your damage no longer scales with the skill previously associated with it, but instead the tenebrium skill. Not sure how that actually works, since the bonus damage on the other elements is only a fraction of what the base weapon damage is.

I don't use tenebrium, simply for the fact that it can't trigger elemental combos.

Baalzebup

I was under the impression that the whole Tenebrium skill was reworked quite a bit and the old meta concerning the point allocation for the skill and the use of said weapons is no longer true? The way that 2H and dual wield skills work would make no sense if Tenebrium would still work the way it used to.
Thanks for the info, still, there is an item (like torment soul for STR) that add more INT to staves?
Unfortunately no, unless they added something like that in EE.
I never played before EE, but if daggers hit twice per attack before, the dual wield talent just seems like they took a default mechanic, and hid it behind a skill dump. I was wanting to play a Rogue on my next playthrough, but I've read conflicting things about them.

With stealth being stuck at 5AP per use now, you can't really use it in combat to get around. Without Featherfall (which I haven't even found or crafted yet, and I'm level 16) or Cloak and Dagger and Fast Track, they spend all of their AP just to get into position.

Are you supposed to Walk in Shadows before the rest of your group engages, and then have them initiate once you're in position? If so, it sounds tedious.

I welcome the Rogue nerfs. It got rather ridiculous when they are built properly and kitted out with some crafted goodness. Solo kill 2 or 3 dudes and charm one in a single round and then kill another 2 or 3 on the next one with no help from any other character -type of ridiculous. On late levels, you could add at least +1 dude per round to that. Funny as hell, but broken as fuck.

Spider boss down in 2 rounds. Again.

So fun fact: some grenades explode when you set them on fire. So surrounding a boss with a pretty pattern of oil barrels, nail grenades, armor piercing grenades and molotovs results in the biggest goddamn clusterfuck explosion known to man when you set it alight.

The Sauce spider? I just murdered him in my own game as well. Still seems like a huge pushover, just like he was before. Whahaha on that grenade bit. The barrel tactics just got a whole lot more ugly :) (To this day, I have yet to actually fight the last bunch of Orcs right in front of the cave entrance to Black Cove. They always disappear in a sea of fire and poison.)

Lanrutcon

Spider boss down in 2 rounds. Again.

So fun fact: some grenades explode when you set them on fire. So surrounding a boss with a pretty pattern of oil barrels, nail grenades, armor piercing grenades and molotovs results in the biggest goddamn clusterfuck explosion known to man when you set it alight.

I think I need to start again. I have a melee and an archer for my mains, backstabby Wolfgraff and the big sworded lady with the awkward sounding American accent. I can't really make use of the elemental effects without buying expensive arrows. I get the impression I really need a magic slinger. Any around Cyseal/End of Time with good magic stats?

I also feel like I'm making the game difficult by not being a kleptomaniac.

danowat

Banned
Can someone give me a brief outline of the best way to progress the questlines along, I keep coming up against walls, and am getting a bit frustrated.

Is the murder quest one of the main story arcs?, I see this must weave in with the main story due to Jake and his collection of stones, I've got the evidence against (well, for really) Esmeralda, and Evelyn has done a bunk, am I right to assume that pursuing Evelyn is now the best course of action?, I am still only Lvl 4, and most areas seem way too high a level (which is backed up by the NPC's saying so) for me.

I think I need to start again. I have a melee and an archer for my mains, backstabby Wolfgraff and the big sworded lady with the awkward sounding American accent. I can't really make use of the elemental effects without buying expensive arrows. I get the impression I really need a magic slinger. Any around Cyseal/End of Time with good magic stats?

I also feel like I'm making the game difficult by not being a kleptomaniac.

There's the companion mage in Cyseal's library, definitely pick him up.

You really do want a mage, they're pretty much the class in this game.

Shinjica

Levitating those little skeleton bomb guys is still hilarious.

Speaking of Skeleton Bomb, the fight near the cemetery where the mad man summon 20 of them, clearly Larian didnt upgrade the fight because that man was killed by the bomb now that the fire shield dont give you fire imminuty anymore.

Baalzebup

*FUD edit

If they didn't adjust it, a single Rain spell solves all your problems. And for him dying.. well, he is mad, ya know :D

Some skeleton bombs have wet immunity.

Yes? I did say "If they didn't adjust it." Any such additions would count as adjustments, no?

Shinjica

If they didn't adjust it, a single Rain spell solves all your problems.

Some skeleton bombs have wet immunity.

In the original game, the mad man survive the blast because he had the fire shield who give you fire immunity. Now that the fire shield give you an amount of shield for that element, the mad man die when all the bomb explode near him.

Yes? I did say "If they didn't adjust it." Any such additions would count as adjustments, no?

You missed my point, if they want to do the fight like it was in the original, instead of let the mad man cast fire shield on himself and blow away anyway, they should give him fire immunity aura or something like that.

Is loot partially set by your original class spec?

I've gotten copious two-handed staves and two-handed swords, but almost no wands, one-handed swords, or daggers. Like, after 15 hours the ratio is something like 20/1 in favor of staves and two-handed swords when I open chests or get enemy drops.

Is loot partially set by your original class spec?

I've gotten copious two-handed staves and two-handed swords, but almost no wands, one-handed swords, or daggers. Like, after 15 hours the ratio is something like 20/1 in favor of staves and two-handed swords when I open chests or get enemy drops.

Na, I made my mage a warrior(for plate+shield for the first fight), and I'm still getting a lot of wands. You're just unlucky, I think the system rotates items, but it counts whites too so say you get a white wand, you're unlikely the next item is also a wand, so if it's purple, then you don't get a purple wand and so on. That's where crafting comes into play though, however not sure what kind of stats crafted wands come with. I just mostly use stat sticks with decent damage anyway as I use my mages for control/support rather than damage. The damage comes from the rogue and warrior. Also shops, there's a ton of magic shops that sell good wands, check every level.

Thanks.

When can I respec? Any downsides?

Last quarter of the game or so. It is a very late End of Time unlock. You used to forget all of your learned skills, but I'm under the impression they changed that this time around.

It's way sooner than that, about a third into the game. It's only 7stones to unlock the respec hall, you get 5 in cyseal alone, and you can get the next 2 either right away if you rush for them, or in hiberheim if you follow the normal progression after a few more hours.

Yes it's significant, it's like 4times as much as elementals iirc or something close. The new system from what I understand(still not there yet) requires tenebrium skill to wear items, but doesn't affect the damage anymore. You can also get both tenebrium and elemental, and tenebrium in general ends up being mitigated way less often because only a few monsters have any tenebrium resist.

Na, I made my mage a warrior(for plate+shield for the first fight), and I'm still getting a lot of wands. You're just unlucky, I think the system rotates items, but it counts whites too so say you get a white wand, you're unlikely the next item is also a wand, so if it's purple, then you don't get a purple wand and so on. That's where crafting comes into play though, however not sure what kind of stats crafted wands come with. I just mostly use stat sticks with decent damage anyway as I use my mages for control/support rather than damage. The damage comes from the rogue and warrior. Also shops, there's a ton of magic shops that sell good wands, check every level.

Interesting, thanks. Loving this game, but having trouble outfitting my characters the way I want so far. Have been spending my ill-gotten art-theft gains predominately on spells, not weapons.

Guess it's time to get serious about crafting, as my level 6 backstab rogue w/ weak daggers isn't getting it done.

Lanrutcon

Interesting, thanks. Loving this game, but having trouble outfitting my characters the way I want so far. Have been spending my ill-gotten art-theft gains predominately on spells, not weapons.

Guess it's time to get serious about crafting, as my level 6 backstab rogue w/ weak daggers isn't getting it done.

Crafting is very rewarding. Also, check back with all the vendors every now and then. They update their stock, especially when you level up.

Styles

So I guess they've fixed the reload exploit for loot? Since I've been getting the same drops after my second reload.

I never tried, but maybe they can be picked up like the teleport pyramid.
Click then drag into inventory space.

In the original, only one bugged bonfire combined into a mobile kitchen you could carry. I tried on a few random ones and you couldn't pick them up, and combining puts them on the ground, not in your packs.

How is hiring henchmen supposed to work? Because I think I may have run into a gamebreaking bug.

I rushed to the hall of heroes to see what the henchmen are like. When I talk to the henchman merchant, he says he will show you the available characters. A single henchman appears... and then nothing. I can't talk to or highlight the merchant or henchman.

This is the first time I got here so I'mk not sure how this is supposed to play out, but I assume he lines up all the available henchmen and allows you to inspect and purchase them. Am I doing something wrong or did the scripting break? Reloading an earlier save doesn't fix it.

Are you playing co-op? The only time I had that bug was when I played co-op, otherwise it worked fine. It is super frustrating though.

The UI also disappears too, right? I had that glitch as well. Guess they didn't fix this bug. Shame, because I want to make a dedicated crafter already.

Sorry to ask again, but how did you get around this bug? I started a completely new game and it still happened.

Is it worth pumping some points into bodybuilding and/or willpower on most characters? I'm pretty happy with how my party is shaping up, but I find myself always getting knocked down, falling on ice, feared, etc. I just want to know if the % increase works as it says, or it's a case of "95% resist, failed resist LOL!"

Lanrutcon

Is it worth pumping some points into bodybuilding and/or willpower on most characters? I'm pretty happy with how my party is shaping up, but I find myself always getting knocked down, falling on ice, feared, etc. I just want to know if the % increase works as it says, or it's a case of "95% resist, failed resist LOL!"

Yes. Much later, after you've bought your primary skills. Your left over points can go to willpower and bodybuilding.

Well 95% isn't 100%, so you'll still fail sometimes. Also they're used in comparison with the caster's modified chance. Example, you know how your skills say +x% from High strength/int/dex? It rolls that versus bodybuild/willpower modifiers, so even with 5bodybuilding, a very strong enemy will still manage to CC you easily, potentially(depends on the ability used too and stuff like that).

They're good as dumps eventually, but wouldn't recommend putting points into them early since you can probably use other stuff. There's a bunch of spells to help with these too, either by removing the status or making you immune to it. You can also prevent falling on ice by moving slowly(as in, don't click the whole way where you want to go, but go 1AP at a time, or if out of combat by clicking close to your character so you walk) or by adding nails to your boots with 5blacksmithing.

Both also come with their own talent once you have 5pt, willpower makes you immune to mute(nice for mages, however you can find items doing it once you get to lvl 12ish+) while body building makes you immune to knockdown which is great for a tank, or anyone really but especially tanks.

Annubis

In the original, only one bugged bonfire combined into a mobile kitchen you could carry. I tried on a few random ones and you couldn't pick them up, and combining puts them on the ground, not in your packs.

I can guarantee that the one on the secluded beach (where you pick up the staff) gets put in your inventory.

Yes. Much later, after you've bought your primary skills. Your left over points can go to willpower and bodybuilding.

Good point, thanks.

Well 95% isn't 100%, so you'll still fail sometimes. Also they're used in comparison with the caster's modified chance. Example, you know how your skills say +x% from High strength/int/dex? It rolls that versus bodybuild/willpower modifiers, so even with 5bodybuilding, a very strong enemy will still manage to CC you easily, potentially(depends on the ability used too and stuff like that).

They're good as dumps eventually, but wouldn't recommend putting points into them early since you can probably use other stuff. There's a bunch of spells to help with these too, either by removing the status or making you immune to it. You can also prevent falling on ice by moving slowly(as in, don't click the whole way where you want to go, but go 1AP at a time, or if out of combat by clicking close to your character so you walk) or by adding nails to your boots with 5blacksmithing.

Both also come with their own talent once you have 5pt, willpower makes you immune to mute(nice for mages, however you can find items doing it once you get to lvl 12ish+) while body building makes you immune to knockdown which is great for a tank, or anyone really but especially tanks.

Heh, yeah to the 95% failing...I did play a bunch of XCOM, so I understand that, but it balances out with low % hits/success. :) I was just curious if it was more like the RNG in Shadowrun...those are some funky percentages IMO.

I didn't know about the slow walking on ice (uhh, in game, I figured that out myself in real life a while ago), so that will be helpful for where I'm at now. I have some spells to help with certain things, but it seems like they love to start encounters with a bunch of status effects directed your way before you can do anything. Like I said in a previous post, classic isn't all that hard, but there are a few things I find annoying. Overall it's very solid.

Oh, and...

Divinity: OS - EE |OT2| A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems. A quiet day on the market, it seems.

Lanrutcon

I found the best goddamn item in the game.

Ring. +2 Perception. +2 Dexterity. 25% Fire Resistance. 21% Poison Resistance.

How close to perfect are those rolls.

Xeteh

Sorry to ask again, but how did you get around this bug? I started a completely new game and it still happened.

I didn't do anything, it only happened while playing co-op. Every time I've gone to him on a single player game it has worked fine. Not really sure what to do to fix it.

this didnt work. it didn't add it to inventory

Make sure the fire pit doesn't already have a cooking pot on it. Find an open fire pit in the wilderness and choose the option to Combine with rather than Use. It worked for me.

I can also confirm that the mobile cookery thingy can smelt. I really wish I had known that earlier. Ore is so darn heavy.

So I am really liking this game but I've made several mistakes along the way. So I kind of want to start over but I'll continue on as is. I am too far to start over now.

Annubis

I haven't gotten really deep with the crafting system so can anyone help me correct any error in this little chart I made. It's hard to find valid data on the internet and it'd be nice to have a little chart of what exactly you can do with crafting.

pv5gZYR.png

- Internet says you can Tenebrium + Element, is that so?
- Does poison stack with everything?
- Poison on bows? (is poison even still in the game?)
- Can spears use Whetstones?
- Void damage? Unless that comes in later, I haven't seen a hint of that.
- I'm not 100% sure, but I think Joshua and Fire Elemental don't work together.

I'll do armor next.

Houndi101

Should I make my source hunters disagree on everything when talking about stuff with the NPC party members, I usually do and now I wonder if I'm missing out on something

Xeteh

Should I make my source hunters disagree on everything when talking about stuff with the NPC party members, I usually do and now I wonder if I'm missing out on something

Only thing you're really missing is a lot of time wasted having to do RPS games each choice that pops up. It gets frustrating and can miss out on certain quests or companions.

Xeteh

I really wish there was a way to stop the camera from snapping back to a character after each action in combat. I find it really irritating having to scroll back and forth constantly each time I attack with one of my ranged characters.

You can craft one and it will be in your inventory.
cooking pot plus fire pit on the ground.

That's a glitch and not supposed to happen. I had it happen to me a couple of times on the vanilla game but can't find a way replicate it. Don't even know if it works on the Enhanced Edition.

Lanrutcon

I really wish there was a way to stop the camera from snapping back to a character after each action in combat. I find it really irritating having to scroll back and forth constantly each time I attack with one of my ranged characters.

Check your camera options. I somehow turned that off for me.

Baalzebup

That's a glitch and not supposed to happen. I had it happen to me a couple of times on the vanilla game but can't find a way replicate it. Don't even know if it works on the Enhanced Edition.

It does work in EE as well. I'm packing one from the beach up North. The bandit campfire is in Roderics pants atm.

BeeDog

Curious about one thing:

Next to the church on the Cyseal map, I can see a man called "Mysterious Stranger" walk around, and there's a hatch behind him but I can't find any way to reach this area. I've tried teleporting my characters there, but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know what this is?

Leezard

Curious about one thing:

Next to the church on the Cyseal map, I can see a man called "Mysterious Stranger" walk around, and there's a hatch behind him but I can't find any way to reach this area. I've tried teleporting my characters there, but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know what this is?
in the church, in the gated area, there is a hatch you can see with some perception.

Sanctuary

Last quarter of the game or so. It is a very late End of Time unlock. You used to forget all of your learned skills, but I'm under the impression they changed that this time around.

Wait, what? I did that at level 13. And yeah, you keep your spells, which can be exploited by not even taking the necessary levels in a particular skill and still being able to use them (at a higher cost of course).

K
ing
B
oreas
down. Yeah...that was a lot of status effects and elemental vomit on the ground.

I was very disapointed when I did him cause he died in 3rounds so I didn't see if he had any new mechanics or whatever in Tactician.

I think I've sadly reached the "I min maxed too much and now my group is OP and everything is a snoozefest" point already. Took longer than with the old sneak backstab rogue or the lone wolf glass canon 2H flurry warrior+buff mage, but still pretty fast. Also a bunch of the tactician changes don't really affect me like fire immunity auras, which seems to be a lot of the changes. I never used barrel strats so meh. Plus I can kill the mob on the first turn if I wanted to.

Lime

So how exactly should one understand the tone of the game? Is it supposed to be a comedy? Satire? Or just light-hearted fun?

Xeteh

Huh... so I went to reload after screwing up a fight and now I can't load any games, Divinity just stops working and closes.

Seems to have to do with the Alfie fight in Luculle. As soon as the quest is completed I can no longer load in to that area. This is weird.

Edit: Yeah, had a save from right before going to Luculle the first time, did the Alfie quest and the crashing came right back. This blows. I have a save from further on in another playthrough that I wasn't really enjoying, I might just respec my characters and go back to that one.

Top Bottom