• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Gbraga

tumblr_mh7jq06HZm1rg4tsuo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mh7jjty3iS1rg4tsuo1_1280.jpg

THE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREREOPOIPHEUIORUIERHBUERHUBERHBJEHKJHERKJHEKJR

Teknoman

Good lord.

ikxXhyZxwQVxb.gif

All doubt out the window. PC version is damn fine. Its taking me a little getting used to being able to aerial dodge/all other new moves and controls, but count me in for a sequel. One thing I never doubted was the acting, since anything Ninja Theory delivers in that aspect. DmC universe characters are growing on me...but I have no idea how an all powerful demon overlord has a butterface for a girlfriend. Something seems to have gone wrong when modeling her face since everyone else looks decent.

Ok, let's start actually thinking this through then. How would they alter Trish's backstory and to fit since
Mundus is dead
and her original function in the story doesn't even exist anymore. If NT were to make a version of her, what would you like to see them do with that character in their world?

antitrop

Donte is pretty likable and kinda charming to be honest.
Ya, I'm 4 missions in and feeling the same way about him.
Talk about years of being wrong. I wasn't at the hysterical levels of outrage as most were when this game was announced, but I've been a "Donte" detractor for pretty much then up until today. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong.

~3 hours in any my only real complaint is the gimmicky nature of the Blue/Red, and that's not even a big deal.

Dahbomb

Yea I don't hate Donte but I don't love him either. He's serviceable as a video game protagonist.

Vergil on the other hand was MEH as fuck. Please do Vergil justice in Downfall NT. I want boss as fuck demon slashing Vergil.

Donte is pretty likable and kinda charming to be honest.

jett has something nice to say about a GAME? Wow, in all my years of lurking before being approved this has to be a first.

The game runs brilliantly on my 4 year old laptop lol. It's got a C2D @ 2.8 Ghz and a 1GB Radeon 4670 card. I can choose between 60 FPS @ Ultra @ 720p lol or 30 - 40 FPS @ Ultra at the native resolution of this laptop which is 1600x900. Both with HD textures and HD shadows.

Simply incredible, I never thought NT would hit it out of the park like this based on my previous experiences with their other games on my PS3. Kudos to QLOC for the great port.

A question for those who know, the PC ini files that control the settings for the game is in
Code:
 C:\Users\(username)\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\DevilGame\Config
but where are the savefiles kept? I'd like to back 'em up if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Lime

Quick question: Is the writing and voice acting as stupid and over the top/melodramatic as Ninja Theory's earlier output?

Teknoman

jett has something nice to say about a GAME? Wow, in all my years of lurking before being approved this has to be a first.

The game runs brilliantly on my 4 year old laptop lol. It's got a C2D @ 2.8 Ghz and a 1GB Radeon 4670 card. I can choose between 60 FPS @ Ultra @ 720p lol or 30 - 40 FPS @ Ultra at the native resolution of this laptop which is 1600x900. Both with HD textures and HD shadows.

Simply incredible, I never thought NT would hit it out of the park like this based on my previous experiences with their other games on my PS3. Kudos to QLOC for the great port.

A question for those who know, the PC ini files that control the settings for the game is in the C:\Users\(username)\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\DevilGame\Config folder, but where are the savefiles kept? I'd like to back 'em up if possible.

Thanks in advance.

I think he was a fan of DmC from the start. Glad that he was right though lol. I cant believe I thought Asura's Wrath was going to beat this so long ago.

Mupod

This game is fucking good. Also classic dante skin for preordering is nice although its a bit goofy when it shows up in cutscenes.

Anyways there is totally a dude at capcpom whose job is just to walk around saying 'NO, HER ASS IS NOT BIG ENOUGH'. He is living the dream and I love his work.

antitrop

After this game it's going to be depressing going back to consoles to play Metal Gear Rising.

Actually, this game is so good and this PC port so fucking perfect that my hype for MGR has already been somewhat deflated. And here I was two months ago fully looking forward to Metal Gear to pick me up after what I anticipated to be a disappointing DMC game.

Dahbomb

After this game it's going to be depressing going back to consoles to play Metal Gear Rising.

Actually, this game is so good and this PC port so fucking perfect that my hype for MGR has already been somewhat deflated. And here I was two months ago fully looking forward to Metal Gear to pick me up after what I anticipated to be a disappointing DMC game.
But MGR is 60FPS on consoles...

I don't like how they tried to make Dante endearing. It's fucking Dante! I don't want to be understand him, I want cuhrayzee.

This is absolutely Ninja Theory story telling. No swag cutscenes to speak of outside of pizza dick. Oh, and the trademark female companion

Sora_N

Just finished the game, overall was pretty enjoyable but the story got weaker and weaker imo. I love NT's style but during the
Lillith
stage the colours really hurt my eyes. Also lol at
Mundus
battle being like
Succubus
one.... It was a fucking bitch on the last mission, I wasn't sure how the hell to beat him but it made sense sort of when I did it.

I think it was easier than DMC3 from what I remember, but I suck at these games and didn't have THAT much trouble with this game. It's saying a bit I guess. Definitely not as hard. The combat felt 'like' DMC but a little different. Cool usage of the alt weapons though.

This is absolutely Ninja Theory story telling. No swag cutscenes to speak of outside of pizza dick. Oh, and the trademark female companion
Today 07:31 PM

This.

antitrop

Yea the environments are really early gen in MGR.
I was just going to say that. It doesn't stand on the same visual footing as almost any other games coming out these days.

I mean, whatever, though. It's Platinum, it's 60fps, it's Metal Gear. I'm in. I just wish it looked a bit better, even by console standards.

I was just going to say that. It doesn't stand on the same visual footing as almost any other games coming out these days.

I mean, whatever, though. It's Platinum, it's 60fps, it's Metal Gear. I'm in. I just wish it looked a bit better, even by console standards.

Great technical graphics or 60 FPS on consoles. Choose one. Only one.

Still wondering if I should pick this up.

I would like to play this on consoles so the rest of the family can see it.

But PC has 60fps (rig is good enough for that), but my controller sucks.

Decisions, decisions.

Hypron

There are PLENTY of 60fps games that I think look substantially better than MGR. Devil May Cry 4 and Bayonetta included.

Bayonetta is not really 60 fps though, even on 360. The framerate is all over the place. Furthermore, there aren't "plenty" of 60fps games on consoles (and a big part of them belong to the sports/car/vs-fighting genres, which can't really be compared with it because the amount of stuff on screen is very different), so if you count the ones that look better than MGR, you're going to get an even lower number.

It is interesting the universal praise the PC version is getting.

If capcom was smart, they would start promoting this as the definitive version (I know it goes without saying but still)

ezekial45

Banned
Except you can't cut objects and enemies to shreds in those games.

Bayonetta features battle damage visuals on nearly all enemies (their armor breaks off), which is a lot to render at 40-60FPS. Maybe not be at significant as dicing, but that added visual effects are there.

Except you can't cut objects and enemies to shreds in those games.

Yep and the environments tend to be sacrificed with lower quality textures, background shadows and non interactive objects (although I do recall you could break open boxes in DMC 4) being the most obvious offenders in the tradeoff for better framerate

EDIT:- As to my earlier question, apparently the savegames/checkpoints are located in your steamprofile folders lol, I did a generalized C: drive search (DmC) for it and found it. The AppId also happens to be 220440 for reference.

timnich

Anyone else having an issue with the video and audio not syncing up in the PC version? The video is delayed by 5 sec, very off putting. Any way to fix this?

I think parts of this game are novel, some are even really good and clever, but by and large I am not really digging it.

It feels like I am always either in an arena, being pushed down a corridor, or moving along floating platforms. That's it, that's all I'm ever in. Which, okay, the environment art is nice, and I'm playing an action game for the battles, but it's doing that really nice art a disservice to be so boringly laid out.

Speaking of things being done disservices, man do I dislike color-coded enemies. I imagine the intention is to promote/force weapon variety, but all it does is slow down fights and I feel like my combo creativity gets a bit stifled.

I don't like how there are things in levels that I can't open or reach until I get later skills. I get it's to promote replay value, but all it does is confound me while I try to figure out whether or not I should be able to reach that and just haven't yet. Especially when I have no idea whether I will be getting new weapons or what they do. The angel weapon doors look exactly like the long-distance angel weapon doors so I had no idea if I was supposed to come back or just get over there somehow.

I don't like the platforming, I feel like I fall too often, and I feel like there's too much of it period, and there's almost no variety in it.

I think my biggest problem with the game is that it's just not...as good as Bayonetta. And you might say, yeah, Bayonetta's the best action game of the generation, but it's also several years old now. Why shouldn't this game be as good as Bayonetta? Why shouldn't it be better? Why could they not have made a game that feels that good, that gives you momentum when you have to do platforming?

This game isn't a trainwreck, but I find a lot of the high praise it's getting to not ring true with my experiences, and definitely not the best action game in recent memory.

Ceebs

Just beat the first real boss. Sold. This game is pretty damn awesome and I do not usually go for character action games AT ALL.

Coconut

Banned
Runs like a dream on my PC all maxed out. And the giant bomb guys are right the game is awesome in the same way asura's wrath is.

Here's hoping Vergil get's more weapons.. >_< I really hope they release a PC demo so that I can see if my rig can handle it. Any word on the possibility of a PC demo btw?

Top Bottom