• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down, Joining Clinton campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neifirst

Is there anything that prevents the DNC from requesting an actual FBI analysis of the email leaks? The NYT article only specifically mentions a firm called CrowdStrike when mentioning researchers having traced this activity back to two Russian groups.

You'd think being against the figurehead of a populist racist movement on such a racially diverse country wouldn't be so hard, but they still manage to fuck it up.

These are the same people who sank Howard Dean in favor of John Kerry, costing us 4 more years of Bush. Bernie would have torn Trump apart, but it was Clinton's turn.

Is DWS really joining Clinton's campaign? I can't find anything online that says she is...

Maybe a joke added by a mod to the end of the title?

I'm allowed to vote for whomever I want to. If you say otherwise, get fucked.

I'm not a registered democrat or republican. I vote for whomever I think would do the best job. Most of the time, that person is already on the ticket. This time that's not the case.

Where the fuck did I say you're not "allowed"? Before losing your mind telling me to get fucked, maybe learn basic reading comprehension. Yes, you are indeed allowed, and I am allowed to offer my opinion of that choice, which is that it's cowardly, petty, useless, and counter-productive. The fact that you believe you're somehow edgy or noble by voting for someone not on the ticket is hilarious. Kind of like going to a restaurant and requesting a made up menu item, adding an option in a multiple choice test, etc. If you're proud of yourself for lacking the analytical skills to choose between available options, even if neither of the options are your perfect choice, then that's a weakness in yourself. The fact that you think its a strength is sad.

Man, I do have to question Hillary's immediate hire, though. Corruption is beside the point; it's a very poor move, regardless. It's making her look bad, even if all the claims were nonsense.

Agreed. This sounds like poor management and decision-making by the Clinton campaign. It's not like they have a history of poor management or decision making in the past...

Fox318

Why not give her a job after the election? To have her join the campaign now is not a good look.

That's just as bad as her getting the job now.

If Donald wins the election historians will talk about how Hillary and the Democrats lost because they ran an unpopular candidate with 30 years of baggage and a history of sloppy politics instead of actually having a real primary.

So many up and coming Democrats like Warren, Booker, Tim Kaine, and the Daytons of the party sat out.

That's just as bad as her getting the job now.

If Donald wins the election historians will talk about how Hillary and the Democrats lost because they ran an unpopular candidate with 30 years of baggage and a history of sloppy politics instead of actually having a real primary.

So many up and coming Democrats like Warren, Booker, Tim Kaine, and the Daytons of the party sat out.

Nah, the Democrats will just blame 3rd party voters like they did in 2000.

Where the fuck did I say you're not "allowed"? Before losing your mind telling me to get fucked, maybe learn basic reading comprehension. Yes, you are indeed allowed, and I am allowed to offer my opinion of that choice, which is that it's cowardly, petty, useless, and counter-productive. The fact that you believe you're somehow edgy or noble by voting for someone not on the ticket is hilarious. Kind of like going to a restaurant and requesting a made up menu item, adding an option in a multiple choice test, etc. If you're proud of yourself for lacking the analytical skills to choose between available options, even if neither of the options are your perfect choice, then that's a weakness in yourself. The fact that you think its a strength is sad.

JfoGYnq.png

Yo. DWS can bounce but this raises my disappointment level of Clinton up a notch.

How can she or anyone in her campaign think this is a good idea? Trump and the GOP are eating this shit up, I'd wager.

Absolutely zero reason to supply the opposition with ammo. None.

That doesn't say HRC is giving her a job - it just said HRC will help in her re-election to Congress campaign.

Am I reading it wrong?

No, I agree - I haven't found anything that says she is "Joining the Clinton campaign"...looks like she is just going to help her. Who knows what that actually means...

These are the same people who sank Howard Dean in favor of John Kerry, costing us 4 more years of Bush. Bernie would have torn Trump apart, but it was Clinton's turn.

Lol no. People have short memories as to how awful a campaign Bernie ran. Bernie would have lost in the GE

"It was Clinton's turn". What a stupid thing to say.

No, I agree - I haven't found anything that says she is "Joining the Clinton campaign"...looks like she is just going to help her. Who knows what that actually means...

Yea this is a non-story.

HRC just basically said "Yea she's my friend and I look forward to helping her out in the future with her Congressional stuff".

Saying she has a job in the Clinton campaign is BS and should be taken out of the OP.

There is literally nothing in the leaks that shows the voting or nomination process being rigged. This is dumb.

Interfectum

Gold Member

But in a reaction statement to reporters Sunday, Mrs. Clinton gave Ms. Wasserman Schultz a soft landing by announcing that she would join the Clinton campaign.
“I am glad that she has agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign’s 50-state program to gain ground and elect Democrats in every part of the country,” Mrs. Clinton said in the statement.
The statement went on to say that Ms. Wasserman Schultz “will continue to serve as a surrogate for my campaign nationally.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/24/debbie-wasserman-schultz-immediately-joins-hillary/

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That doesn't say HRC is giving her a job - it just said HRC will help in her re-election to Congress campaign.

Am I reading it wrong?

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/757318117391474688

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/brie...nal-committee-chair-debbie-wasserman-schultz/

"I'm glad she agreed to serve as honorary chair of my campaign..."

noshten

Lol no. People have short memories as to how awful a campaign Bernie ran. Bernie would have lost in the GE

He is the second most succesful loser after Hillary Clinton with none of her advantages, but continue to spin that narrative - it will win you many fans

Kimawolf

Nah, the Democrats will just blame 3rd party voters like they did in 2000.
If they lose its no ones fault but their own
If trump gets elected all those smug ass condescending Hildawg fans (thats what they are) will be to blame. Stop turning people off and actually try to unite the party instead of just saying "well only a fool will vote for trump". But your fucking wine glass down and do some mending/damage control.

People need to earn votes, not guilt you into doing it.

And immediately hiring her just proves what everyone said in the beginning, it was already decreed who was going to win before it began.
This is,shaping up to be Kerry part 2. Hopefully this isn't her swift boat moment and she can fix things this week.

Cagey

Banned

Something can be truthful and stupid at once.

Explain why the only actual challenge to a non-incumbent during primary season for one of the two major political parties came from an Independent?

Unless the argument is that there are no Presidential candidates other than Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden and one declined to run, which would be an amusing tactic given our current President's stature in summer 2007, what other explanation is there?

"Honorary Chair" isn't a job capacity - it's a glorified cheerleader. Same thing Obama is doing for her right now, except he is POTUS.

Glorified cheerleader or not, it still looks pretty bad to give her an honorary title the day she announces she's stepping down and a day or two after the email leak.

Glorified cheerleader or not, it still looks pretty bad to give her an honorary title the day she announces she's stepping down and a day or two after the email leak.

I agree that it looks bad, and that she shouldn't be anywhere near the campaign - but I still disagree that she officially "Joined the Clinton campaign" with her honorary title.

Fox318

"Honorary Chair" isn't a job capacity - it's a glorified cheerleader. Same thing Obama is doing for her right now, except he is POTUS.

So why bring on somebody who will only bring down your campaign?

Does Hillary really need somebody's expertise who lost a shit ton of seats in the 2014 election?

Either way its a stupid fucking move.

Zoe

I agree that it looks bad, and that she shouldn't be anywhere near the campaign - but I still disagree that she officially "Joined the Clinton campaign" with her honorary title.
How is being a named person in a campaign not joining the campaign?

So why bring on somebody who will only bring down your campaign?

Does Hillary really need somebody's expertise who lost a shit ton of seats in the 2014 election?

Either way its a stupid fucking move.

Oh no doubt - but people framing it like she's gonna be part of Hillary's cabinet are way off.

It shows HRC is loyal, at least.

How is being a named person in a campaign not joining the campaign?

The "Honorary" part. She is again, just a cheerleader.

You wouldn't say Obama is part of her campaign, but he is cheerleading on her behalf.

Same thing with DWS, except she ain't the POTUS.

That's just the way I view it.

How is HRC literally putting out a statement that DWS is joining the campaign not joining the campaign?

Some people are jumping through hoops trying to say that DWS isnt part of Clintons campaign.

Interfectum

Gold Member

She joined the campaign... what is your definition of "joining a campaign?"

Arkeband

Banned

You disagree with the words that came out of Hillary's own mouth?

Is this Trumpiness manifest in the left? Is it contagious?

Corto

Something can be truthful and stupid at once.

Explain why the only actual challenge to a non-incumbent during primary season for one of the two major political parties came from an Independent?

Unless the argument is that there are no Presidential candidates other than Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden and one declined to run, which would be an amusing tactic given our current President's stature in summer 2007, what other explanation is there?

Other potential candidates didn't want to run against Clinton and risk losing. They'll save their efforts and money for now.

She's really joining the campaign now? Good god that's going to piss the Bernie sanders supporters off.

The republican political advertisements will be brutal.

PBY

Banned
Oh no doubt - but people framing it like she's gonna be part of Hillary's cabinet are way off.

You wouldn't say Obama is part of her campaign, but he is cheerleading on her behalf.

I'm team Hill all the way but this is gymnastics (that may not be needed, it's a bad look but who knows if this will hurt in the long run).

Fox318

Who the fuck cares if Hillary is loyal to somebody like that? To the average american it comes across as corrupt in a time where the system is the debate. Democrats should be working to try and make government as efficient and transparent as possible so that the public can be convinced that it can do greater good as opposed to just clogging social and economic issues up.

Either it shows Jeb Bush levels of political ignorance (which reminds me of her first campaign in 2008)

I'm not even a Bernie fan but Hillary's history of shit politicking is gonna get an orange reality tv star the white house.

Maxim726X

Who the fuck cares if Hillary is loyal to somebody like that? To the average american it comes across as corrupt in a time where the system is the debate. Democrats should be working to try and make government as efficient and transparent as possible so that the public can be convinced that it can do greater good as opposed to just clogging social and economic issues up.

Either it shows Jeb Bush levels of political ignorance (which reminds me of her first campaign in 2008)

I'm not even a Bernie fan but Hillary's history of shit politicking is gonna get an orange reality tv star the white house.

Shit like this, combined with the Kaine VP pick, just show us all that she believes she'll beat Trump no matter how badly she fucks up in the interm.

The Democrats are that confident. Hopefully, that confidence is warranted.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Shit like this, combined with the Kaine VP pick, just show us all that she believes she'll beat Trump no matter how badly she fucks up in the interm.

The Democrats are that confident. Hopefully, that confidence is warranted.

Wait why is Kaine a problem? He has been great so far.

Maxim726X

Wait why is Kaine a problem? He has been great so far.

Kaine is a solid pick that won't rock the boat much... Which is slightly the issue.

He's not sexy, and he's not outwardly progressive like Warren is. It's not so much him as it is the strategy behind him- Just stay steady, and we'll win the race. Don't need a Hail Mary, just stay the course.

Clearly, Clinton's campaign team believes there's basically nothing she can do to fuck up this election as long as she stays level-headed and consistent. Giving her buddy a job on her campaign after this controversy proves at least that much.

Brinbe

I'm all on-board the Tillary Claine train, but one thing that really pissed me off about HRC in 08 and irks me now is this stupid loyalty to bad pols/incompetent people. DWS is disliked for good reason by many people (including Obama) and she should be owed nothing. Just turf her and hide her away, that's good politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom