• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down, Joining Clinton campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamauchi

Banned
Tell us more about this "corruption".

The only growing up here due is from people ready to look the other way on doxxing and illegally acquired information from Russian hackers for a chance at confirming their biases.
Love it.

CoFIcuMWcAgG5iS.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If that email remained behind closed doors, this wouldn't be much of an issue. But now DWS is stepping down largely because of accusations of bias against Sanders and she's being replaced by someone that is admittedly biased against Sanders. It's obviously a bad look and that's not what the anti-DWS crowd was looking for in a replacement -- they want somebody that is especially impartial and she is already compromised there.

Sure, except whether or not you think it was a crooked system, Clinton is now the nominee. It is not important that the incoming chair be neutral on Clinton-Sanders or Clinton-Obama or Dean-Kerry-Edwards or Gore-Bradley. It is not important that Kucinich supporters be represented. Like, to some extent whatever criminal corruption that deserves double execution occurred, the damage is done. What's most important going forward is in fact that the DNC chair has a good relationship with the nominee and the caucus. There's not going to be a re-run of Hillary v. Bernie even if the first time around was RIGGED.

I guess Sanders supporters probably want to enact structural reforms to the party, but the DNC chair's role at this juncture, especially before the election, is about maximum synergy between the candidate and the party. There'd actually be a stronger claim to put a Sanders supporter as DNC chair if DWS had stepped down after the election, where the chair needs to pivot to party revitalization, paying off election debt, and the midterms.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You got proof of that?

The leak is literally from wikileaks provided by undisclosed sources.

It's nieve to think Russia was the only group to breach or capitalize on this breach.

It's spelled "naive", and I'm wondering if your insecurity about this is because you can't reconcile your strong support of Trump with the possibility that Putin has something to gain by his election.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It's spelled "naive", and I'm wondering if your insecurity about this is because you can't reconcile your strong support of Trump with the possibility that Putin has something to gain by his election.

Quickly replying on a cellphone has its drawbacks.
My support for strong is only as my disdain of the corruption behind the DNC and RNC.

Would have gladly put Bernie over Trump. Would be nice if we had a better outsider running but here we are.

opoth

Banned
Lots of self talk in here, reminds me of the GOP supporters during the Bush era while his administration torpedoed Iraq and our economy at the same time. Not a good look.

We should be holding DWS' feet to the flames, not making excuses for her. To look at the wikileaks stuff as anything other than a move by Russia to empower Trump's campaign is incredibly dangerous and naive as well.

mjontrix

So Putin is... The Dark Lord?

Mind = Blown.

At this rate he'll end up being the Controller of the EU if they start blocking immigration from the Middle East. Or the head of the Illuminati.

Clearly at some point you can't just blame Russia for everything.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
People thought "Bernie bros" talking down to Hillary supporters was bad? Hillary supporters talking down to Bernie supporters and dismissing their concerns entirely when they have a legitimate reason to be upset is even worse.

Aggressive shaming of the opposition from Bernie supporters probably damaged the Bernie campaign. But Hillary supporters are on track to cost her the election in the exact same manner.

Talking down to people isn't going to convince them of anything. No matter how wrong you think bernie/trump supporters are.

Kimawolf

The worry with this e-mail shit is that there's lots worse to come.
Well on CNN yesterday they said there are a lot worse and damning emails to come. And they told dems to be ready to do damage control andacknowledge some level of bias.

So yeah it's a shit show. If there was any other candidate than Trump who was not insane, no way I would vote for her.

Such a terrible look, especially in the current climate of political discourse. The Democrats are doing everything they can to thrown an easy win.

USC-fan

Banned
The Cold War is coming back in a big way.
Yeah I don't get it.

cold war been over forever. Russia is not some evil power. So people are saying they released the information just to help trump win?

so that is a negative for trump? Having good peaceful relationship with Russia seem like a positive.

Corto

Yeah I don't get it.

cold war been over forever. Russia is not some evil power. So people are saying they released the information just to help trump win?

so that is a negative for trump? Having good peaceful relationship with Russia seem like a positive.

Russia that invaded a sovereign country and proceeded to shot down a commercial plane? That Russia?

Maxim726X

I voted for Bernie Sanders.

I don't see how this is a big deal. We don't really have evidence that the DNC actually did anything to sabotage Bernie Sanders. We have some party officials being impartial. These e-mails affected very little.

Seriously, what are people seeing here?

A staffer suggested that Bernie's religious convictions be attacked, said attack never took place, and DWS had nothing to say on the issue one at or the other?

And are people really that shocked that someone who was a Democrat for 5 minutes didn't have the same internal support that Clinton did? I don't see the smoking gun.

They're both shit.

I'll write in Sanders for my own conscience. Hillary will win my state no matter what.

No, the're not both equally shit. Their platforms re utterly and completely different, and you know that. So honestly, I think it's very petty, and sad, and you convince yourself you're "voting your consicence" while writing in a candidate, instead of rationally voting for one based on the facts. There's absolutely nothing noble or commendable about your false equivocation or cowardice.

Kurdel

Banned
Disgusting.

I can't say I've ever voted for anybody but Democrats, but I can't vote for this campaign.

As a canadian, I am really jealous of people who have the power to vote against Trump.

Do you listen to the news? Do you realize what is at stake?

You'd think being against the figurehead of a populist racist movement on such a racially diverse country wouldn't be so hard, but they still manage to fuck it up.

Duxxy3

No, the're not both equally shit. Their platforms re utterly and completely different, and you know that. So honestly, I think it's very petty, and sad, and you convince yourself you're "voting your consicence" while writing in a candidate, instead of rationally voting for one based on the facts. There's absolutely nothing noble or commendable about your false equivocation or cowardice.

I'm allowed to vote for whomever I want to. If you say otherwise, get fucked.

I'm not a registered democrat or republican. I vote for whomever I think would do the best job. Most of the time, that person is already on the ticket. This time that's not the case.

Maxim726X

You'd think being against the figurehead of a populist racist movement on such a racially diverse country wouldn't be so hard, but they still manage to fuck it up.

I mean, we'd be saying the same thing if someone hacked the RNC email.

And Priebus would probably be forced to step down, as well.

What emails are out of line, in your opinion?

I'm not a registered democrat or republican. I vote for whomever I think would do the best job. Most of the time, that person is already on the ticket. This time that's not the case.

No one ever said you weren't allowed to vote whichever way you choose.

Just don't claim that they're both the same. Because that is objectively false.

I mean, we'd be saying the same thing if someone hacked the RNC email.

And Priebus would probably be forced to step down, as well.

What emails are out of line, in your opinion?
The difference being Trump's image is "telling it like it is" so it would go down much easier, it would probably boost his campaign even.

Chiggs

Gold Member
This is pathetic. By all accounts, this is the worst Presidential election we've ever seen. You've got Russian operative Donald Trump versus slimy, corrupt and unlikable Hillary Clinton.

There is no good option here. This country is an absolute whorehouse.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I don't get it.

Having a good relationship that he personally, financially benefits from, at the expense of decade old treaties and agreements. It's putting him first, before everyone else.

jmood88

And people can tell you how lazy and stupid the "they're both the same" nonsense is. Hillary sucks ass but she is nowhere close to Trump and the consequences for her presidency are nowhere near as awful as they will be for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom