• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to step down, Joining Clinton campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
People mad at Wikileaks for showing the truth instead of being mad at the Democratic National Committee for being corrupt and doing exactly the opposite of their work.

grow up.

Tell us more about this "corruption".

The only growing up here due is from people ready to look the other way on doxxing and illegally acquired information from Russian hackers for a chance at confirming their biases.

Ms.Galaxy

What truth exactly did they show?

That the DNC is actually a tribe of lizard people who covered up Killary's murder of Benjamin Ghazi and they did everything in their powers to make sure Bernie never got elected by covering his name in the ballot with chocolate icing so people can only vote for Clinton.

Or, you know, mostly human things, average company things, and one email of someone suggesting using anti-semitic tactics against Bernie that was quickly shut down by everyone else for even suggesting that.

People mad at Wikileaks for showing the truth instead of being mad at the Democratic National Committee for being corrupt and doing exactly the opposite of their work.

grow up.

There was no corruption to speak of.

There were bad optics but there was never a coordinated attack on anyone other than a few opinions of some individuals. That's it.

Ms.Galaxy

I got a sneak preview:

68.gif

Also, they're reporting on an article from June 12th. We're still waiting.

Watching and reading the spin from all of this has been captivating. Real life House of Cards. Looking forward to more leaks and the creative responses.

grow up.
Over 19,000 emails and you guys fail to cite one to corroborate this hot bullshit narrative of the DNC kneecapping Sanders's campaign.

Ms.Galaxy

I don't understand why they cry wolf so much, they do have something every once in a long while so why do they lie about stuff they don't have?

Attention and building up false hype, most likely. They want to keep up the image that they have all the big top secret info and will spread the truth to the people, when in reality their info is minor bullshit 99% of the time and 1% of the time they get something major.

Moving goalposts.

If your argument has downgraded from "The DNC sabotaged Bernie Sanders" to "Some members of the DNC behaved unethically" then you will find yourself in agreement with the Clinton campaign, Bernie Sanders and the vast majority of posters in this thread (myself included). If it has not, then I think it's fair to request you actually cite the emails that show this sabotage.

Which is it?

mo60

screeching. this can't be real.

He's bluffing because he wants people to pay attention. He has nothing on her that can hurt her really badly. Anonymous acted this way when they were declaring war against trump.

MIMIC

Banned
Moving goalposts.

If your argument has downgraded from "The DNC sabotaged Bernie Sanders" to "Some members of the DNC behaved unethically" then you will find yourself in agreement with the Clinton campaign, Bernie Sanders and the vast majority of posters in this thread (myself included). If it has not, then I think it's fair to request you actually cite the emails that show this sabotage.

Which is it?

What are you even talking about? Did I ever say he was sabotaged? You are literally making wild assumptions.

GYODX

I got a sneak preview:

68.gif

Also, they're reporting on an article from June 12th. We're still waiting.

"Fucking nothing" is still hurting Democrats. The narrative that Gaffers can pat themselves on the back for having disproved--that the DNC was working to undercut Bernie's campaign--is the one that's making the rounds and reaching most people. A lot of people.

Did you see that Scott Pelley asked Clinton in their 60 minutes interview whether these emails prove that the DNC worked to undermine Sander's candidacy, and she avoided the question entirely? This is squarely in the public eye, and it's not going away anytime soon. Even if it is mostly bullshit

MIMIC

Banned
You just said undercut. Theorizing and plotting is not an action. Undercutting is an action.

I'm now beginning to wonder whether people see these posts and automatically enter "Defend Hillary Mode" without a second though.

I quite literally said "plotting to undercut."

I'm now beginning to wonder whether people see these posts and automatically enter "Defend Hillary Mode" without a second though.

I quite literally said "plotting to undercut."
You replied to someone who said there was no corruption, only bad optics with the remark that there was more than just bad optics. Maybe you should take a second to clarify what you're trying to say before getting upset at others for misunderstanding you.

Feep

Banned
Man, I do have to question Hillary's immediate hire, though. Corruption is beside the point; it's a very poor move, regardless. It's making her look bad, even if all the claims were nonsense.

I don't understand why they cry wolf so much, they do have something every once in a long while so why do they lie about stuff they don't have?
If your information dumps dry up and you get one in a semi-timely manner but isn't that juicy you might Emerald some stuff because people will believe you because if the past

MIMIC

Banned
You replied to someone who said there was no corruption, only bad optics with the remark that there was more than just bad optics. Maybe you should take a second to clarify what you're trying to say before getting upset at others for misunderstanding you.

There is nothing unclear about "they were plotting." You simply read way too much into an unambiguous post.

You know what my big worry is?

That there exists a bombshell email that will be dropped come October.
Nah. Not really worried about that. Don't think any such thing exists as I can't believe Clinton or anyone connected to her would be that stupid to let such an e-mail ever exist... well, ever. What I am kinda worried about after all this is the possibility that Wikileaks will create some fake e-mails that look incredibly damning, that everyone will assume are real because they came from Wikileaks and prior stuff like this that they used to built credibility, and that they look real enough but have little enough contextualizing information that the only way to prove them to be fake would be for Hillary to turn over every e-mail she's sent in the history of ever. Given Wikileaks revealed that they have no problem revealing SSN/credit card numbers just for the sake of causing as much damage as possible, I wouldn't put a stunt like that past them at this point. And if they do something that, even if it does manage to get cleared up eventually and proven fake, the damage that type of thing could do could be insane.

It probably won't happen, but Wikileaks definitely have proven that they just don't give a fuck at this point and want to make sure that Clinton isn't elected so I wouldn't exactly be surprised if they risk all their credibility forever by pulling a stun at this point either.

Man, I do have to question Hillary's immediate hire, though. Corruption is beside the point; it's a very poor move, regardless. It's making her look bad, even if all the claims were nonsense.

This is my feeling. Clinton deserves to lose with how she's managing this campaign. I want her to win but holy shit.

It makes no sense even if DWS threw a hissy fit. If I was Hillary, I would've told her egomaniac ass to go sit in a corner.

Unless she has something on Hillary and threatened to go scorched earth, I fail to see why Hillary would hire DWS even for an inconsequential position.

It makes no sense even if DWS threw a hissy fit. If I was Hillary, I would've told her egomaniac ass to go sit in a corner.

Unless she has something on Hillary and threatened to go scorched earth, I fail to see why Hillary would hire DWS even for an inconsequential position.

It's not even the hiring that's the real problem - it was kind of expected. It's the timing of Hillary's press release that makes me scratch my head.

The Hillary campaign deserves all the shit they're getting for failing to improve how they're perceived with these unforced fuck ups.

Corto

Her immediate hire is to signal that Clinton doesn't find that DWS did something unsavory or inappropriate in her position at DNC. And letting her fall as the scapegoat of a hacking email scandal would be unacceptable if that's your stand on this issue. Clinton doesn't care about people that don't agree with this as they have made their mind and nothing will convince them otherwise. And also Brazile is next on the firing line. Clinton needs to signal also that DNC chair has some official support and it's not left alone with the fire under their feet slowly cooking until done.

MrHoot

Her immediate hire is to signal that Clinton doesn't find that DWS did something unsavory or inappropriate in her position at DNC. And letting her fall as the scapegoat of a hacking email scandal would be unacceptable if that's your stand on this issue. Clinton doesn't care about people that don't agree with this as they have made their mind and nothing will convince them otherwise. And also Brazile is next on the firing line. Clinton needs to signal also that DNC chair has some official support and it's not left alone with the fire under their feet slowly cooking until done.

Maybe Clinton should care at least a little.

Outside the DNC and Gaf's bubble i'm seeing incredibly worrying stuff and tonal shifts on mass media website.

Going on a tangent, IMGUR wasn't great before but right now it's an absolute huge breeding ground for hillary skeptics (as well as being anti other movements like BLM), eating wikileaks shit up without question. You can also sense /pol/s shadow over all of this. And this kneejerk reaction is now reaching more and more people

Plumbob

Outside the DNC and Gaf's bubble i'm seeing incredibly worrying stuff and tonal shifts on mass media website.

Going on a tangent, IMGUR wasn't great before but right now it's an absolute huge breeding ground for hillary skeptics (as well as being anti other movements like BLM), eating wikileaks shit up without question. You can also sense /pol/s shadow over all of this. And this kneejerk reaction is now reaching more and more people

/pol/ is a white supremacist forum.

jrush64

Banned

Imgur is a horrible place.

effzee

That the DNC is actually a tribe of lizard people who covered up Killary's murder of Benjamin Ghazi and they did everything in their powers to make sure Bernie never got elected by covering his name in the ballot with chocolate icing so people can only vote for Clinton.

Or, you know, mostly human things, average company things, and one email of someone suggesting using anti-semitic tactics against Bernie that was quickly shut down by everyone else for even suggesting that.

Man I think I need to take a break from FB.

Educated smart people who I know in real life are posting crap about how this proves Trump = Clinton and its all corrupt and only chance to cleanse the political system was Bernie!

That they will sit it out now cause what's the point? I even pointed out the emails prove bias but no action taken and I was basically told they undercut Sanders each time by not promoting him or not having the debates he wanted.

Maybe I am wrong - but I remember extra debates ultimately being agreed upon. Bernie might not have been liked in the DNC but how was he not promoted? He was all over the news media no?

I can't take it anymore. I can't argue with the people who think Hillary is just as bad as Trump. One dude is claiming she is a war criminal where as Trump is only saying things to get elected so we should go with him over her. This hatred of Hillary is beyond comprehension. I don't agree with a lot she has done or stands and I would have preferred Bernie but for their love of Bernie, a lot of his supporters have demonized Hillary to be Trump 2.0.

Nothing to them matters now. Forget Obama's work, legacy, the supreme court, and the fact that Trump is literally acting like a fascist dictator. Nope these emails prove it all!

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Tell us more about this "corruption".

The only growing up here due is from people ready to look the other way on doxxing and illegally acquired information from Russian hackers for a chance at confirming their biases.

Yeah, the way it happened was shitty, but dismissing the information in it by reiterating that it was shitty is meaningless. We all know it was shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom