• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC suspends Sanders campaign access to database after staff breached Hillary's data

Status
Not open for further replies.

noshten

Section 6a of Exhibit A seems to indicate that the DNC is in the right, no?

Whereas 6 defines Confidential Information as

Except if they knew about the breach in October and failed to do anything to address it 600k a day is going to be the least of their problems.

The saddest part of all is that both Sanders and Clinton are hugely popular with their party. It's just the 20% loyalist on each side that are shitting it up all the time.

Indicate

The funny thing is that every time we have a Sanders thread on GAF, it's immediately shut down by Hilary supporters. This is right now the biggest Sanders thread on Neogaf.

This thread just exceeded my Bernie live streaming official thread for his rallies. The anti-Bernie posts started right off the bat.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm actually pretty sure Sanders will win his case, these terms seem pretty clear.

It seems like what we saw today was the DNC skipping to the end of the 10 day process and punishing the campaign prematurely.

How can Hillary stans justify this breach of agreement?

Cerium

I love how Bernie stans tout their online presence 24/7 but act all victimized and shit when it turns out that Hillary supporters can post on NeoGAF too.

so instead of undertaking the hard work of identifying contacts, voter outreach, data input & near 24/7 updates of voter and volunteer rolls, Bernie & co. would rather just outright steal the work of others to further their agenda. is it therefore not a surprise that Bernie's largest bloc of supporters, millennials, are behind the effort then considering laziness and entitledness are the hallmark of that generation? it would be ironic if it weren't so damn sad. DWS is a terrible ,that is not in dispute. but speaking as someone who has worked on a ton of campaigns, both of obama's included, if someone outright stole the data my team and i spent months compiling under the guise of "just proving the error exists" i'd be pisssssed.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I love how Bernie stans tout their online presence 24/7 but act all victimized and shit when it turns out that Hillary supporters can use NeoGAF too.

I don't think that Sander supporters have a problem with Clinton supporters using NeoGAF, I think they have a problem with the fact that most Clinton supporters use NeoGAF to be dickheads.

EDIT: This was an unfair comment and I apologize.

dramatis

The information in those pictures is completely useless in the context of a campaign in the forms provided.
That's not the point.

Login screen shows that it's a web application, and therefore not software running on a computer where copy/pasting information may be inhibited.

Other screens show examples of data in the browser. Which is very easy to copy and paste.

Example, tabular content I copied from RealClearPolitics:
Iowa: Trump vs. Clinton PPP (D) Trump 43, Clinton 45 Clinton +2
Iowa: Cruz vs. Clinton PPP (D) Cruz 47, Clinton 44 Cruz +3
Iowa: Rubio vs. Clinton PPP (D) Rubio 48, Clinton 41 Rubio +7
Iowa: Carson vs. Clinton PPP (D) Carson 45, Clinton 45 Tie
Iowa: Bush vs. Clinton PPP (D) Bush 41, Clinton 46 Clinton +5
Iowa: Trump vs. Sanders PPP (D) Sanders 46, Trump 43 Sanders +3
Iowa: Cruz vs. Sanders PPP (D) Sanders 44, Cruz 43 Sanders +1
Iowa: Rubio vs. Sanders PPP (D) Rubio 44, Sanders 42 Rubio +2
Iowa: Carson vs. Sanders PPP (D) Sanders 43, Carson 42 Sanders +1
Iowa: Bush vs. Sanders PPP (D) Bush 40, Sanders 44 Sanders +4
If I paste into Excel, the software immediately detects that it is a table and sorts it accordingly.

What I was arguing against is the poster who insisted the Bernie campaign did nothing wrong because they couldn't use the export function in the web application. Except the data can be saved through alternative methods.

We can't argue on what the content of the data the Bernie campaign obtained was. We can argue whether or not they were able to save copies of it without the export function. The answer is yes, they can.

Zornack

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Can we stop this stan nonsense? I would like to think we're all more mature than that.
Are you capable of being civil, or is this an exercise in roleplay for you?
I finally put him on ignore. He's uncivil and insufferable. I wasn't paying attention to the 2008 primaries so I see now how nasty people can get. Hillary supporters were the ones who started the rumor Obama was a Muslim.

I don't think that's true at all. If anything, this feels like one of the few progressive spaces on the internet with fans of both.

It's good to have your views questioned and most online spaces I visit are decisively Bernie. More is good.

An issue that seems to come up a lot is irritation by Bernie supporters that we use the term presumptive or likely nominee when talking about Hillary.

But before any voting has happened, polling points to exactly that. Just like it points to Trump being the presumptive nominee on the Rep side. That's just the truth, no matter what side you fall on.

Though I've irritated more than a few by stating that Hillary is the more likely to actually win the election. And that I think Bernie is a risk I'm not willing to take. No matter how much I agree with his politics.

Besada framed it best a few months ago when he said us Dems/progressives/liberals need to remember as heated as this primary season may get, we have to stick together. For any differences between us are minimal, versus the canyon difference between either Dem candidate and all of the Rep field.

I love how Bernie stans tout their online presence 24/7 but act all victimized and shit when it turns out that Hillary supporters can post on NeoGAF too.

You can post, with all the freedom. But it is the condescending, vitriolic tone of some of your posts (and others Clintonitians) that really sets off the difference.

Sanderistas attack Clinton's character and record, while some Clinton posters like yourself, attack the pro-Sanders posters themselves (making it personal), which creates the shit show we always have to endure in these threads.

noshten

Whelp, literally the first post yesterday from my Bernie donation milestone, labor endorsement thread.

It's going to be lonely in the OT when he has to concede his campaign in less than 10 weeks. Get the fun in while you can.

RPGCrazied

Dang, hope that doesn't screw up the democrats winning the white house. Sure as hell don't want a republican president. :/

Because they don't know how to read and therefore are uninformed. Pages of them in this thread who like to speak but have no idea what they're speaking about. People going as far as saying Bernie supporters are overreacting and this blacklist is no big deal. Totally clueless.

Consequently enough, Bernie's campaign must be raking in $600,000 a day currently for that too is also in the lawsuit. That would put him at 54 million in a 90 day period...but that's probably the current rate as the campaign has picked up. He'll probably finish around 40-45 million to end the quarter I imagine. Still, not having access to voters to make calls for time/money/votes is huge. Then you got people whining about how Bernie wants at least $75,000 like his campaign is not being effected by this illegal tearing of the contract by the DNC. So many clueless people in this thread. Scary to think they are potential voters.

The saddest part of all is that both Sanders and Clinton are hugely popular with their party. It's just the 20% loyalist on each side that are shitting it up all the time.

Seriously. I actually like sanders more than Hillary. It's just marginal because congress won't allow the things I like about sanders to come to fruition. In the end, I just really don't want a republican to win

Pryce

Threads like this make me hate politics. What a shit show from all sides.

OT: It'll be interesting to see the outcome from this.

Seriously. I actually like sanders more than Hillary. It's just marginal because congress won't allow the things I like about sanders to come to fruition. In the end, I just really don't want a republican to win

I'm in the same boat.

But as I've said before, if Bernie ends up the nominee I'll vote my ass off for him. I may not think he'd win, but I definitely don't want any of the Rep field to get even a sniff at the white house.

rjinaz

You know if GAF is like this between two runners, Sanders and Clinton, I wonder was more conservative forums are like with 10 plus or whatever running? Must be amusing.

Whelp, literally the first post yesterday from my Bernie donation milestone, labor endorsement thread.

It's best to ignore both of those people. They're on my block list as well as a handful of other Hillary fans. Reading GAF is so much better not being subjected to their twisted world views.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Yep I'm a Sanders supporter but will vote for Hilary if she gets the nom. Cuz a republican president legit terrifies me.

Because they don't know how to read and therefore are uninformed. Pages of them in this thread who like to speak but have no idea what they're speaking about. People going as far as saying Bernie supporters are overreacting and this blacklist is no big deal. Totally clueless.

Consequently enough, Bernie's campaign must be raking in $600,000 a day currently for that too is also in the lawsuit. That would put him at 54 million in a 90 day period...but that's probably the current rate as the campaign has picked up. He'll probably finish around 40-45 million to end the quarter I imagine. Still, not having access to voters to make calls for time/money/votes is huge. Then you got people whining about how Bernie wants at least $75,000 like his campaign is not being effected by this illegal tearing of the contract by the DNC. So many clueless people in this thread. Scary to think they are potential voters.
Haha man, saying that people who agree with you on like 95% of things can't read... intraparty feuding is great.

Zornack

It seems like what we saw today was the DNC skipping to the end of the 10 day process and punishing the campaign prematurely.

Read my post here. I'm pretty sure Section 6 allows them to do what they did. Confidential information given to them by a third party, Clinton's campaign, was accessed and copied by Bernie's campaign. They took measure necessary to protect their confidential information by suspending Bernie's campaign's access.

Why do you keep antagonizing and generalizing? It's not a good look.

You're in a thread, started by someone with a Hilary avatar, with BIG CAPITAL RED LETTERS in the OP, like it's the front page of the Daily Mail. What were you expecting? This couldn't turn into anything but a shit show.

Debate the facts and leave the personal attacks out of it! (regardless of what 'side' you fall on)

ivysaur12

Banned
I still don't know why Sherrod Brown didn't run. Hugely progressive, super popular in an important swing state, younger, good looking...

He would've been a great candidate.

Yep I'm a Sanders supporter but will vote for Hilary if she gets the nom. Cuz a republican president legit terrifies me.

Let's work our way back to common ground guys.

Neither Hillary nor Bernie are a Rep. Neither are anywhere close on the political spectrum to even the most "moderate" Republican.

They are our true foes. Not Hillary, Bernie, or each other.

Arkeband

Banned
Read my post here. I'm pretty sure Section 6 allows them to do what they did. Confidential information given to them by a third party, Clinton's campaign, was accessed and copied by Bernie's campaign. They took measure necessary to protect their confidential information by suspending Bernie's campaign's access.

If the window has passed, though, suspending them access at this point is punitive, it's not precautionary.

Pryce

I still don't know why Sherrod Brown didn't run. Hugely progressive, super popular in an important swing state, younger, good looking...

He would've been a great candidate.

Because Hillary ran.

No one wanted to go against her. Considering how much support she had right at the start from the establishment, it makes sense.

Cerium

You're in a thread, started by someone with a Hilary avatar, with BIG CAPITAL RED LETTERS in the OP, like it's the front page of the Daily Mail. What were you expecting?

Did you ever address dramatis stealing your soul in post #721? Maybe if you quote my avatar again people will forget.

Wall

You can post, with all the freedom. But it is the condescending, vitriolic tone of some of your posts (and others Clintonitians) that really sets off the difference.

Sanderistas attack Clinton's character and record, while some Clinton posters like yourself, attack the pro-Sanders posters themselves (making it personal), which creates the shit show we always have to endure in these threads.

Nail, meet head.

I'll most likely end up voting for Hillary even, considering I'm definetly voting for whoever the Democratic nominee is.

I also love how suddenly it's like nobody ever had any doubts about the Clinton's before Sander's and his meddling kids showed up. It's like political history began winter 2015 for some people. I remember what this place was like 2007/2008.....

It's more boring than anything. When I can read more interesting things on the front page of the New York Times about the generational gap in support for Hillary than I can find here, something is askew.

Can you just imagine Trump winning? I just can't even wrap my head around that.

Cruz is worse. They're both xenophobic twats, but trump randomly has some populist economic beliefs. In the last debate he went off on a tangent about spending 4billion on infrastructure instead of toppling regimes and the Fiorina said he sounded like a democrat.

Zornack

If the window has passed, though, suspending them access at this point is punitive, it's not precautionary.

But this never was punitive. The suspension is until Bernie's campaign explains what happened and proves that all data relating to Hillary's campaign has been deleted. This isn't a "you did wrong so you don't get access" kind of thing.

ivysaur12

Banned
Because Hillary ran.

No one wanted to go against her. Considering how much support she had right at the start from the establishment, it makes sense.

No, I know. It's more bizarre there's never been a Draft Sherrod movement. We all moved on to Warren and Bernie when there was a real progressive in Ohio.

If it makes the Bernies in this thread any happier, I like the guy and would vote for him in a heartbeat vs anyone the Republican party has to offer right now, although honestly I'd probably vote for Caligula's horse before Donald Trump.

Arkeband

Banned
But this never was punitive. The suspension is until Bernie's campaign explained what happened and proved that all data relating to Hillary's campaign had been deleted. This wasn't a "you did wrong so you don't get access" kind of thing.

But them having access after the window of opportunity had closed doesn't further endanger Hillary's data. If the purpose of revoking access is so they can't get to other candidate's stuff, then it's precautionary - but they can no longer see that stuff, so why isn't the restriction lifted?

If it was exported/saved, the damage is done, being able to see their own data again makes no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom