• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country Returns |OT| Retro Studios Has Done It Again!

Instro

Cygnus X-1 said:
Holy crap. Looks so difficult. And LOL at the music by Yamamoto: it's like Magmoor's caverns.

A lot of the same sounds and instruments as Norfair/Magmoor, but its a completley different tune. Really nice.

TreIII

Can not wait~! Again, I lament the loss of the Kremlings, but everything else looks so BONESUCKING GOOD, I'm willing to look past that. :lol

upandaway said:
I don't even wanna play as Diddy.

He's just so tiny.

But you know, the reason for this might be that Diddy doesn't moves that are essential to 100%'ing the game. Maybe the blowing or or the ground pound. That's kinda understandable.

Well I’m not really sure what the reason behind it is, but I do know that Diddy can do everything that Donkey Kong can, so I highly doubt that it’s the fact that Diddy can’t 100% the game.

I hope the game keeps the DKC tradition of putting an exclamation point after the level name once you've found everything in it.

udivision

upandaway said:
I don't even wanna play as Diddy.

He's just so tiny.

But you know, the reason for this might be that Diddy doesn't moves that are essential to 100%'ing the game. Maybe the blowing or or the ground pound. That's kinda understandable.

Diddy can blow too.

upandaway

Tricky I Shadow said:
Well I’m not really sure what the reason behind it is, but I do know that Diddy can do everything that Donkey Kong can, so I highly doubt that it’s the fact that Diddy can’t 100% the game.
Oh, nice to know.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tricky I Shadow said:
Well I’m not really sure what the reason behind it is, but I do know that Diddy can do everything that Donkey Kong can, so I highly doubt that it’s the fact that Diddy can’t 104% the game.

Fixed.

Kyleripman said:
I hope the game keeps the DKC tradition of putting an exclamation point after the level name once you've found everything in it.
Huh. I was replaying DKC a while back and wondered why that was.

I kinda liked how they did that in DKC3

The flag is waving when you have all the Bonus coins and an extra yellow flag is added if you get the DK Coin from Koin.

KevinCow

Banned
Oh my god I've been going media blackout on this game and it's been so hard for me to not click on this thread but I have to let everyone know that I am shitting my pants in anticipation.

Seriously there are poo stains.

KevinCow said:
Oh my god I've been going media blackout on this game and it's been so hard for me to not click on this thread but I have to let everyone know that I am shitting my pants in anticipation.

somebodyputshitinmypants0.jpg

KevinCow said:

2laRG.jpg

KevinCow said:

I was wondering when you were gonna enter this thread. :lol

ryan-ts

KevinCow said:

You might want to take a shower....unless you're into that sort of thing.

Kad5

So could this game top the Galaxy games as best platformer?

I'm really curious to see how this turns out.

dwebo

I still don't like how the banana bunches look in-game, but I'm sure I'll enjoy everything else. DKC 1 and 3 were some of my most played games growing up (had to go to a friend's house to play 2... grr), so the nostalgia overload come Monday will be glorious.

GaussTek

After seeing the latest trailers, I'm getting a bit worried about difficulty (some parts look really hard). Of course, I don't want the game to be easy, but something around the SNES DKC levels. I hope it won't end up being too frustating.

Edit: Ahh sh** I forgot about Super Kong :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
GaussTek said:
After seeing the latest trailers, I'm getting a bit worried about difficulty (some parts look really hard). Of course, I don't want the game to be easy, but something around the SNES DKC levels. I hope it won't end up being too frustating.

Nintendo made Retro tone down the fast pace difficulty of some of the levels. So...

...I really have no idea where I'm going with this.

CoolS

GaussTek said:

I never thought I was going to hear something like that about a Nintendo game ever again ^^

upandaway

GaussTek said:

Edit: Ahh sh** I forgot about Super Kong :lol
I'm itching for something serious after Kirby. I'll take it.

I think that it'll be significantly easier without getting the collectibles, though, similarly to NSMB Wii.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tricky I Shadow said:

This song is amazing.

Why For? said:
Nintendo first party games don't drop in price.

You can buy Sin and Punishment: Star Successor for sixteen bucks half-price TODAY.

udivision said:
Seriously, the tag for this OT should've been one of the easiest to come up with in the history of OT's considering what you mentioned, and some how the mark was missed. A little disappointing.

But can't you see Retro has done it again?!

smurfx

get some go again
i was hoping kmart would be selling dkcr with a 20 dollar off coupon but instead its only 2 10 dollar off coupons. :(

chifanpoe

Just read the GI review, wow, they called the one of the greatest plat formers ever!

Day 1 here!

With this and GT5 this could be the greatest November ever?

Socreges

Banned
Holy fuck I've seen far too much

I don't care as much about spoilers these days, but I should probably restrain myself. It all just looks so incredibly fun.

I'm sorta considering buying a Wii for this. But I haven't got enough incentive. If only they'd announce Pikmin 3... that'd confirm the purchase... but right now it could still go to the 3DS, no?

EatChildren

Socreges said:
I'm sorta considering buying a Wii for this. But I haven't got enough incentive. If only they'd announce Pikmin 3... that'd confirm the purchase... but right now it could still go to the 3DS, no?

Miyamoto said at the E3 2010 that it was still on track for the Wii. Maybe it will shift to the 3DS, but I doubt it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
leroidys said:
And don't forget about zelda! (I almost did)

how could you almost forget about Zelda

sicko

Wii is definitely worthy of a purchase by any non-homeless gamer at this point, there are a whole lotta great games to play

Top Bottom