• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

Has anyone else received any BS email from Amazon with a sudden later-than-release-day delivery confirmation? I just got notified that I'd get it on the 25th despite having Prime and it pre-ordered for months.

Mine was saying it would be here next Tuesday. It did the same thing with Bravely Default.I went to Change Shipping Speed clicked one day and then clicked two day again and now it's saying I'll get it Friday. I had the exact same situation with BD but I did receive it on release day. I'm going to check and Amazon to see if they'll guarantee it will be here Friday again.

Bullza2o

Has anyone else received any BS email from Amazon with a sudden later-than-release-day delivery confirmation? I just got notified that I'd get it on the 25th despite having Prime and it pre-ordered for months.

Meanwhile I just preordered my copy. What's worse is I have a trip this weekend and my schedule doesn't permit me to play until 2/28 :(

Haha, I just finished some rounds of this for today!

Kinsei

Banned
dawn_of_the_first_day_by_forest_sage.png%3FpictureId%3D3577016

until you can start downloading it from the Eshop.

I just got the same email.

Amazon has been trying to fuck over its Prime customers big time recently with video game release dates. Same bullshit happened with Bravely Default and I raised hell with support.

JerkShep

I want this game so damn much, but I'm missing the essential part. A Wii U. I'm really tempted to buy one, not just for tropical freeze but for 3d word, wonderful 101 and so on. Do you think a price drop is imminent or should I just jump in? Even a bundle with 3d world or even better DK itself would go a long way in convincing me to finally buy the console, but I can't seem to find news about that either.

Damn after that launch trailer and the Wise samples my hype skyrocketed trough the roof.

greg400

Banned
I want this game so damn much, but I'm missing the essential part. A Wii U. I'm really tempted to buy one, not just for tropical freeze but for 3d word, wonderful 101 and so on. Do you think a price drop is imminent or should I just jump in? Even a bundle with 3d world or even better DK itself would go a long way in convincing me to finally buy the console, but I can't seem to find news about that either.

Damn after that launch trailer and the Wise samples my hype skyrocketed trough the roof.

Based on Iwata's recent comments I wouldn't expect a price drop anytime soon:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/iwat...never-too-late-for-console-to-succeed/0127623

Finally playing Returns and I am loving it (minus shake to roll), so will definitely be picking up Tropical Freeze :)

I tried the original DKC a few months ago and felt it had aged horribly, got about halfway through world 3 before I called it quits.

zroid

Banned
Finally playing Returns and I am loving it (minus shake to roll), so will be definitely be picking up Tropical Freeze :)

I tried the original DKC a few months ago and felt it had aged horribly, got about halfway through world 3 before I called it quits.

I say this to everyone playing DKCR for the first time -- if you're using sideways Wiimote, be sure to try the Wiimote/Nunchuk setup. It may feel weird at first to use the analogue stick to control, but you get used to it, and it makes the motion controls MUCH more intuitive.

IGN said 13 hours. I'm not sure if he meant 100% or not though. Either way, not too bad for a game like this.

Yup. I've also seen another site that said the game is very short and another that said it took them 25 hours. Of course you can rush through it to see the end, but there are TONS of hidden levels and things to collect. And then there are the time trials, hard mode, etc.

deleted

I forgot on congratulate on the thread title - one of the best I've seen around and however the game ends up in the end (critically, financially), it works on so many levels.

'No Touching!' would also be applicable.

AdanVC

So damn excited to play this game. 3 more days! Nobody can't resist to David Wise's music! I just had my account activated so this is my very first post! So glad to be here.

I just got the same email.

Amazon has been trying to fuck over its Prime customers big time recently with video game release dates. Same bullshit happened with Bravely Default and I raised hell with support.
I recently decided to stop buying Nintendo products from Amazon. They just don't get the items on time EVER. The last couple Nintendo things I purchased from them ended up being so late that I was able to cancel the order and pick them up at Best Buy.

JoeM86

ShopTo seem to be processing orders in the UK now. If they actually send it today, we could get the game tomorrow.

The soundtrack has hit the internet. I won't say where for obvious reasons.

I really hope Nintendo has a retail release of the soundtrack. I don't even need a CD. They can release it on iTunes or Amazon MP3 for all I care. I just want to listen to the music from the game on the go. Otherwise I may be forced to get the soundtrack through abnormal means...

maxcriden

I was just thinking about how ridiculous Hideout Helm was in DK64. 50 minutes to beat everything and having to start over completely if you lost? So...ridiculous...I'm so glad Retro's DK games are nothing like this.

69wpm

ShopTo seem to be processing orders in the UK now. If they actually send it today, we could get the game tomorrow.

Got the same e-mail this morning. If they send it out today, I might get it on Friday in Eastern Europe. If not, I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday :/

Deku Tree

I was just thinking about how ridiculous Hideout Helm was in DK64. 50 minutes to beat everything and having to start over completely if you lost? So...ridiculous...I'm so glad Retro's DK games are nothing like this.

Yep developers basically don't make games that hard anymore.

Bluth54

Mine was saying it would be here next Tuesday. It did the same thing with Bravely Default.I went to Change Shipping Speed clicked one day and then clicked two day again and now it's saying I'll get it Friday. I had the exact same situation with BD but I did receive it on release day. I'm going to check and Amazon to see if they'll guarantee it will be here Friday again.

Yeah I just went into my Amazon order and set it as 2 day shipping again and it now shows I'm going to get it on release day.

Whelp, I....I finally did it GAF. I bought a Wii U Basic Console second-hand off eBay for $210. I couldn’t resist the pressure anymore.

Maaaaan, I had better not end up regretting this. The only games I care about are obviously Tropical Freeze and 3D World. That’s it.

Deku Tree

Whelp, I...I finally did it GAF. I bought a Wii U Basic Console second-hand off eBay for $210. I couldn’t resist the pressure anymore.

Maaaaan, I had better not end up regretting this. The only games I care about are obviously Tropical Freeze and 3D Land. That’s it.

Welcome to the party.

VanWinkle

Whelp, I...I finally did it GAF. I bought a Wii U Basic Console second-hand off eBay for $210. I couldn’t resist the pressure anymore.

Maaaaan, I had better not end up regretting this. The only games I care about are obviously Tropical Freeze and 3D Land. That’s it.

It's not a very good console, but it sure does have some great Nintendo games! At that price I don't think you'll be disappointed.

RaidenZR

I just did the same thing, now it's saying February 21, 2014 (as it should)!

Why is this so backwards, Amazon?

zroid

Banned

<3

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Whelp, I....I finally did it GAF. I bought a Wii U Basic Console second-hand off eBay for $210. I couldn’t resist the pressure anymore.

Maaaaan, I had better not end up regretting this. The only games I care about are obviously Tropical Freeze and 3D World. That’s it.

Have fun! You could always sell it afterwards

play w101 and pikmin3

maxcriden

Yep developers basically don't make games that hard anymore.

No way, DT. That's not hard, just insane. Who has 50 mins for each attempt? That was totally preposterous.

Whelp, I....I finally did it GAF. I bought a Wii U Basic Console second-hand off eBay for $210. I couldn&#8217;t resist the pressure anymore.

Maaaaan, I had better not end up regretting this. The only games I care about are obviously Tropical Freeze and 3D World. That&#8217;s it.

OMG you went for it! Congrats. You'll love it.

Top Bottom