• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

maxcriden

Everyone who ever beat SMB on NES for example.

Ah, okay, that's true. But that's different, it's not artificial difficulty based on a harsh lack of checkpoints. I can't imagine Nintendo purposefully doing that. I bet if they could have offered the ability to save after every world back then, they would have. In this case, Rare could have let you save during this, or not made it timed at all. But they didn't.

braves01

Banned
Whelp, I....I finally did it GAF. I bought a Wii U Basic Console second-hand off eBay for $210. I couldn’t resist the pressure anymore.

Maaaaan, I had better not end up regretting this. The only games I care about are obviously Tropical Freeze and 3D World. That’s it.

Get NSMB U and NSLU.

Deku Tree

Ah, okay, that's true. But that's different, it's not artificial difficulty based on a harsh lack of checkpoints. I can't imagine Nintendo purposefully doing that. I bet if they could have offered the ability to save after every world back then, they would have. In this case, Rare could have let you save during this, or not made it timed at all. But they didn't.

Nintendo could have given you codes for SMB like they did for example in Punch Out.

Hindl

Whelp, I....I finally did it GAF. I bought a Wii U Basic Console second-hand off eBay for $210. I couldn’t resist the pressure anymore.

Maaaaan, I had better not end up regretting this. The only games I care about are obviously Tropical Freeze and 3D World. That’s it.

Welcome. Unless you're only focus is shooters, sports games/sims, and fighting games there's actually a lot on the system for you.

Also I feel for everyone with going digital since it's cheaper, but that box art man. I really love that box art

maxcriden

Nintendo could have given you codes for SMB like they did for example in Punch Out.

True, but...I dunno. I feel like nowawadays they would have. As evidenced by: all current Mario games. Regardless Rare could have done so. Did you beat Hideout Helm? I know I didn't (nor Jetpac).

mf luder

The only thing I don't like is the sound effect when you jump on enemies heads, its too loud and sounds very woody. I turned down the sound effects volume on returns because of it,

The only thing I don't like is the sound effect when you jump on enemies heads, its too loud and sounds very woody. I turned down the sound effects volume on returns because of it,

You are the first person I've heard say that. In fact, many have made a point to praise how awesome it is... Every sound effect in the game was delicious to my ears :)

Sendou

I know the Gamepad doesn't display anything in the game, but can it be switched in a menu so that the game CAN be played via it?

I'm not sure if this is what you are asking but the game does support Off-TV Play (playing the game only using the GamePad, TV off).

mf luder

You are the first person I've heard say that. In fact, many have made a point to praise how awesome it is... Every sound effect in the game was delicious to my ears :)

I just thunk the sound should be softer unless the enemies have a helmet or something on their head like some do in this game then its fine.

jimi_dini

I say this to everyone playing DKCR for the first time -- if you're using sideways Wiimote, be sure to try the Wiimote/Nunchuk setup. It may feel weird at first to use the analogue stick to control, but you get used to it, and it makes the motion controls MUCH more intuitive.

Or you could just install the homebrew channel and load DKCR with a patch, that removes the motion control stuff.

Neiteio

Can someone please PM me when a link to the Amiss Abyss music comes out?

In the meanwhile, I continue to jam to Busted Bayou.

Lunar15

Did anyone else order from Amazon? They emailed me that I won't get the game until next Tuesday :(

I waited because I was afraid this would happen. I'll have to go by a Gamestop at lunch.

Also, Busted Bayou is so freaking good. It's a type of music you don't get in a lot of games, and I'm all over getting new and unique soundtracks.

Oidisco

I was having this discussion on another forum, but I still can't believe that it was the music that made me super hyped for Tropical Freeze. I had no interest in this, but once I heard the Grassland Grove music a couple weeks ago it completely changed everything for me.

I want this game right now dammit!

Wait so the download is cheaper than the disc? How much are they?

Also, I hadn't listened to any of the music from this game until right now and you guys weren't kidding...awesome sound!

God, I'm so excited for this game. Friday can't come soon enough. I considered DKC Returns to be a pretty much perfect 2D platformer... it had almost zero blemishes, honestly. I didn't even mind the "shake to roll" controls.

I think the ONE small issue I had was that it was really hard to time bounces off of enemies without unnecessarily using up Diddy's jetpack (obviously wasn't a problem when you didn't have Diddy). I don't know how they would do it, but I'm hoping that maybe they found a way around that tiny issue for Tropical Freeze.

Top Bottom