• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

Under "Nintendo of America Staff Credits":

UA34p5J.png

I wonder what prompted Retro / Nintendo to give special thanks to Howard Lincoln, the former Chairman of Nintendo of America / Nintendo Co., Ltd. Board member.

I paid this sucker off today at GameStop, and my family is having a party tomorrow night to celebrate... pizza, chips and dip, and of course banana smoothies :D

I even dug out my old Donkey Kong Country 2 shirt that I got from Nintendo Power back in the 90s!

My dong is so ready to expand

mrmickfran

I paid this sucker off today at GameStop, and my family is having a party tomorrow night to celebrate... pizza, chips and dip, and of course banana smoothies :D

I even dug out my old Donkey Kong Country 2 shirt that I got from Nintendo Power back in the 90s!

My dong is so ready to expand

Hopefully not around the family.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Futureshop shipped my copy out.

ibxF6V7iDgQUCA.gif

Tropical Freeze will be my reward for getting through two midterms tomorrow.

kcxiv

I think I'm going to bypass the physical copy of the game and download from E-shop. The heck with waiting til tomorrow evening.

hwy_61

Banned
God fucking damn it.

I forgot that I preordered this from Newegg months ago. My card got charged today.

Welp, I'll be avoiding this thread until next week, thanks to my stupidity and Newegg's slow ass shipping.

Under "Nintendo of America Staff Credits":

UA34p5J.png

I wonder what prompted Retro / Nintendo to give special thanks to Howard Lincoln, the former Chairman of Nintendo of America / Nintendo Co., Ltd. Board member.

Mindy Bannan? Ar har har har har har! Such a fitting name in a game about bananas!

emb

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow.

Actually never mind that, I wish I had any time at all tomorrow to go pick this up. :(

Anyone have a guess on how long this 12 gig download is going to take at midnight? I wanted to get some time in with it, but if its going to take 2 hours + then I may as well get a physical copy tomorrow.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ahhhh....up to World 9 on DKCR 3DS! Spent the last hour wrapping up the final few collectibles on world 8, which has been brutal. Might actually nab 100% complete before tomorrow.

npa189

I'm going to go on a retro bender this spring. Buying this tomorrow, got returns on 3DS, and I just bought the prime trilogy this week. Its gonna be good!

AdanVC

Seriously, Nintendo has been doing pretty awesome box art for their games lately (except Nintendo Land haha) That's why I continue choosing retail over digital. My favorites covers so far: Pikmin 3, TW101, Super Mario 3D World and DKCTF. All of them are so detailed and very eye-catching.

I get a discount on retail that I don't get on digital (thanks to family who works in retail), so I'm going that route.

Plus I'd hate to not have that box art on my shelf.

Top Bottom