• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

robot

This can be played with the pro controller, correct? The only thing I didn't like about DKCR was the waggle.

GWX

Fuck :( 111-1007 error, can't enter eShop to save my life. Canadian eShop, by the way. Anyone with the same problem? eShop worked just fine the last time I entered (which was like 3 hours or so before the release of DKC:TF).

edit: restarted my router and it all went well. Now for the loooooong wait! =(

Kadin

If this DL goes any slower I'm fairly certain it will mean that I'm actually uploading games to Nintendo :/
Haha, this made me laugh a good bit. I'm not even attempting to download tonight. I know it's gonna be bad as much as I'd like to play before tomorrow.

I'm holding off for physical. Very excited for this, though.

1981ne_physical.jpg

Chucker

Make sure to have Cranky Kong for the end of 1-3, and don't go directly to the first exit you see.

You'll love it. I promise.

Frolow

Banned
Anyone know if sound is outputted from the Gampead during the game? My TV audio is pretty bad so I wanted to use my headphones.

Coda

Nintendo has been killing it with the themed eShop jams lately. All so catchy and happy. They get me stoked to rack up my credit card bill.

Haha seriously. Kinda wish they would cycle through them though because I keep my eshop open when I'm just chillin.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fuck...

I don't wanna go digital (I did for W101 and Super Mario 3D World, and I feel empty looking at my Wii U Collection), but my car's broken, I work late, it's just a pain to get to the store anytime this weekend. :(

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Game is pretty fun so far. Kind of annoyed at the audio though. The music only comes out of the gamepad if you switch the gameplay to the screen. As you guys probably already know the second screen just goes blank, there's no mirroring so you can't use headphones and play on the TV at the same time. Only being able to use the analog stick is also kind of a weird choice.

Obviously these aren't game breaking but not ideal either.

Dad

Game is pretty fun so far. Kind of annoyed at the audio though. The music only comes out of the gamepad if you switch the gameplay to the screen. As you guys probably already know the second screen just goes blank, there's no mirroring so you can't use headphones and play on the TV at the same time. Only being able to use the analog stick is also kind of a weird choice.

If I'm not mistaken, there is an option to switch controls from the analog to the d-pad. I think you have to navigate the menus anytime you want to switch it though, unfortunately.

Coda

I don't understand 2D styled games that don't support D-pad control. Super Mario 3D World did this wonderfully.

I didn't have much time to play yesterday, but I am really liking it. Art direction and graphics are simply outstanding. And this comes from a person being mostly a PC gamer these days. Dat fur. The only thing a bit weird looking are the eyes of Donkey and Diddy up close...

Coming from 3D World, the jump does feel weird at first. I don't remember this from the Wii original. But I think I'll get used to it quickly. Can't wait to play more!

Started downloading 10 or 15 minutes after 9:00, 40% into the installation now. The download was pretty reasonable but kind of surprised the installation itself is a 35-40 minute process. At least km finally within a half hour of actually starting the game.

Started downloading 10 or 15 minutes after 9:00, 40% into the installation now. The download was pretty reasonable but kind of surprised the installation itself is a 35-40 minute process. At least km finally within a half hour of actually starting the game.

I forgot about the installation too. Thing's giving me grief. Keeps pausing, or stalling and saying I don't have enough storage when I definitely do. Anyone else experience this?

Yuripaw

Banned

I just booted it up, and the pro controller is my preferred way for playing...

anyway, when i started with the pro controller, it gives me the option to switch between the analog stick, or the dpad

Robin64

Yes, you can switch to d-pad controls, though you need to enter the menu to do so and then the analog stick becomes unused completely. Odd, but I'll take it. Just feels easier to play for me this way.

Top Bottom