• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

Tevious

Are a lot of people picking this up digitally? Im tempted since I want to play ASAP and I never really resell.

I will be. I picked up a couple $50 eShop cards from Best Buy for $40 each sometime around last Black Friday. Physical isn't really an option for me because I'm overseas, I don't want to import it and I prefer digital anyway.

I hope at midnight people will be streaming the game. Don't have a Wii U yet but still really interested.
I will be anyway. Might as well put my Elgato to use. It's only the afternoon where I'm at too.

Zing

Banned
If retail never went on sale, I'd consider digital. Even Mario 3D World was on sale for half price just a few weeks after release. I buy retail, keep the receipt, and when it goes on sale, I buy the sale copy and return under the old full price receipt.

Kadin

If retail never went on sale, I'd consider digital. Even Mario 3D World was on sale for half price just a few weeks after release. I buy retail, keep the receipt, and when it goes on sale, I buy the sale copy and return under the old full price receipt.
Where did 3D World go 50% off less than a month after release? I never saw that. :(

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Man, pre-ordered the game a month early and on the day of its release the order status says "BACK ORDER". fuck.

Well, I got it for $40 AUD so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much.

forrest

formerly nacire
Where did 3D World go 50% off less than a month after release? I never saw that. :(

I got Best Buy to price match Boxing Day sales and got my 3d world for 35$ and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon for 14$. I still can't believe it!

Will Wal-Mart have this ready to sell tonight at midnight? I feel an impulse purchase coming on!

I am waiting for the Best Buy deal 20% off eshop cards so -10 dollars plus 5 back fro mthe DPP

Hard to wait though

I bought a handful of these when they went on sale a while back. I just went to use one now for DKC, and the code is illegible.

Nintendo doesn't replace them, and I don't have the original receipt for Best Buy. So I'm in for a fun trip to try to get them to replace it with no receipt.

So just a heads' up to anyone thinking of doing this deal, I would recommend immediately scratching off the back and entering the code. Then if you can't read it, you can immediately return to the store.

kcxiv

This 11 gig download might take a while. I have pretty fast internet, so hopefully Nintendo has enough bandwidth for all the downloads going at once.

Kiyo

2.5 hours for 11gigs. Definitely not maxing my connection. Oh well, the wait begins. Maybe I'll have it by midnight.

GWX

Just calculated how long the download of this game should take me... About 33 hours. Well, still more convenient than retail for me (brazilian here). Will buy right now ;)

edit: damn, eShop is down for me :(

Midnight here, just started my download. Have a midterm at 8AM tomorrow then work right after until 4 so knowing my shitty connection it'll just finish up downloading when I get home. The wait will be agonizing! Need dat David Wise goodness.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Where from? o_O

VideoEzy/Blockbuster/Ezydvd.com.au (they're all owned by the same company). Its an import, not local, though.

Right now you can get it from the Blockbuster website for $42.46 + $2 postage. When I bought my copy they had a 20% off sale, that's how I got it for $40.

I ordered TW101 and Super Mario 3D World from them before with no real problems (postage was a bit slow).

Top Bottom