• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze |OT| There's always money in the banana stand

Linkhero1

My phone conversation with Gamestop just now.

Me: Do you have my pre-ordered copy of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze?

GS: No that comes out Tuesday of next week.
Me: No it comes out today.
GS: No it comes out Tuesday...

Looks like someone wants to take your copy home :)

naib

Shit. I meant to queue up the download before I left for work but forgot.

Kinda torn between digital and physical though just 'cause I worry that my Wii U might die. In all cases but Nintendo I prefer digital.
But if it's as scarce as people are reporting, I may swing by Fry's on the way home and let fate decide.

Was playing some DKR3D last night. Really looking forward to a buttery frame rate.

Buy it at another store and wave it in the employees face when you go into cancel your preorder :)

psychotron

This has me nervous. My wife is picking up my copy for me in a little bit, but I didn't get any call from Ashley or Ivy yesterday to notify me it was going to be ready. The GameStop website lists it as available now so idk.

Shit. I meant to queue up the download before I left for work but forgot.

Kinda torn between digital and physical though just 'cause I worry that my Wii U might die. In all cases but Nintendo I prefer digital.
But if it's as scarce as people are reporting, I may swing by Fry's on the way home and let fate decide.

Was playing some DKR3D last night. Really looking forward to a buttery frame rate.
Go digital. You can get 20% off an eShop card this Sunday at Best Buy. Times like this I'm glad I went digital this gen.

Effect

This has me nervous. My wife is picking up my copy for me in a little bit, but I didn't get any call from Ashley or Ivy yesterday to notify me it was going to be ready. The GameStop website lists it as available now so idk.

Best to give her a call so she can tell them to check their database if they give her any trouble.

Kurtofan

I can't remember all the phases off the top of my head, I can only really recall the same ways to strike the boss still applying throughout the entire battle,
knocking the fish enemies into him or spin attacking the weak spine free point on its back
. Perhaps I'm just forgetting something here.

Thanks I've gotten past it, I had trouble when
he became super large and had no weak points but that was temporary

Can I just say I love the world themes? It's so nice to have something other than Desert world, Plains world etc... Also so far they stopped having the same themes as the original DKCs and went for their own things and it's just great.

Juicy Forest is the best thing

Stratostar

I'm absolutely loving this trend of Friday release dates. Arkham Origins, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World, TLOU: Left Behind, and now DKCTF all released on a Friday. Pick up the game after school/work, play it all weekend. So much better than the usual Tuesday or Sunday release date.

hal9001

Banned
The game arrived today and I managed to play the first couple of levels. So far it looks amazing and plays really well. Oh and the soundtrack is beyond stunning. Seriously I am having so much fun.

I'm absolutely loving this trend of Friday release dates. Arkham Origins, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World, TLOU: Left Behind, and now DKCTF all released on a Friday. Pick up the game after school/work, play it all weekend. So much better than the usual Tuesday or Sunday release date.
Agreed! I hope publishers keep this going.

Hooray! I wore my 1995 Donkey Kong Country 2 shirt that I received from Nintendo Power to my GameStop to pick this up. The employee didn't even know the game came out today :p

But now I am home and... our HDTV is in use, so I STILL have to wait to play it. Bah.

So hyped though! It's gonna be a gooooood weekend

Strider

Agreed. Wish everything released on Fridays

Hooray! I wore my 1995 Donkey Kong Country 2 shirt that I received from Nintendo Power to my GameStop to pick this up. The employee didn't even know the game came out today :p

But now I am home and... our HDTV is in use, so I STILL have to wait to play it. Bah.

So hyped though! It's gonna be a gooooood weekend
Off-TV play, man!

Deku Tree

I am ready to add DKTF to this pile.

ZT1wOiGl.jpg

New pile (also included a few Wii games)

8FBZI0Ql.jpg

But that GameSpot review quote! "It looks beautiful on a large HDTV", or something to that effect. I want the full treatment for my first time playing!
Ah yes, that is understandable. Maybe you'll be more inclined to play on the inferior screen once you've broken it in for awhile.

I can't wait to see what this game will look like on my TV... Nintendo games in HD are the best.

Tadale

I just got my copy at lunch, and I'm gonna listen to the soundtrack while I finish up work today.

I hope this gets some attention - DKCR is probably the best 2D platformer I've played in a long time.

flattie

Dat fur. Edit: the quality of which is putting a real downer on my oggling of the Smash Bro related Kong pics. Come on Sakurai, get on the phone to Retro.

Just started playing with the Mrs. Gotta say, GAF, I'm a Wiimote-shake-to-pound kinda guy; just feels right. Pro controller stays in the drawer for this one.

Not sure if you were trying to be funny/insulting but if they never made another game for the Wii U that's still enough to buy a Wii U.

I was being humorous. There was no insult intended. Besides, we all know the Nintendo games are really the ones worth owning.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Refuse to go out and buy a copy until I finish DKCR 3D. I am sitting at 98% complete with only the final Golden Temple level left to finish...but goddamn that level is brutal. So close...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
That's what I thought I remembered too, but eh, maybe I used an account instead of checking out as "guest " last time.

Half an hour now, please don't ruin my sick afternoon/evening, GAME.

I received the code immediately. Maybe check the spam?

Exile20

Go digital. You can get 20% off an eShop card this Sunday at Best Buy. Times like this I'm glad I went digital this gen.

My plan is to buy most games if not all on digital with the dpp and 20% OFF then buy the physical if I still want it dirt cheap far later.

I am doing this with Kart, Smash and maybe X.

Top Bottom