• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Konga - Gamespot review

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i like the bongos better than the taiko drums, but taiko's presentation is so appealing and konga's is so deeply lame. plus "katamari on the rock" and the ridge racer theme push me in taiko's direction. if the domestic version featured "stepping wind" a.k.a. "wahoo stomp" from klonoa 2, i wouldn't even be having this internal argument.

Vlad

drohne said:
i like the bongos better than the taiko drums, but taiko's presentation is so appealing and konga's is so deeply lame. plus "katamari on the rock" and the ridge racer theme push me in taiko's direction. if the domestic version featured "stepping wind" a.k.a. "wahoo stomp" from klonoa 2, i wouldn't even be having this internal argument.

Yeah, the song selection in Konga is really the only thing making me hesitant about picking it up... some of the stuff is ok, but there appears to be too many "row row row your boat" type songs.

ferricide said:
yeah, it seems that everyone who plays taiko in the arcade whines about the home version. whatever. the controller is way better than the DK one

If you like Taiko more than Donkey Konga, fine. I don't see how you can argue controller superiority by any stretch, though.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Actually my biggest problem with DK is the graphics. I love taiko's look.

Well at least you basically only see it in your periphery since you are concentrating on the rythms and stuff.

scola said:
Actually my biggest problem with DK is the graphics. I love taiko's look.

Well at least you basically only see it in your periphery since you are concentrating on the rythms and stuff.

Yeah the presentation in Taiko is worlds better than DKonga....DKonga's looks is so crappy, right down to the logo.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Why is Pelican selling a pair of knock-off drums for the SAME PRICE as Nintendo's 1st party drums?

I'm much more interested in Jungle Beat than Donkey Konga but I figured I might as well get Donkey Konga as it includes the Bongo Drums for free right? Plus my dad is going to the US ( I live in Australia and import US games) so he can pick it up for me while he's there. Otherwise it'd be pretty expensive to ship Jungle Beat and the Bongo Drums when it's released down the road. This way I only have to get the Jungle Beat game shipped when it comes out rather then paying a lot extra for shipping to get the Bongo Drums with it.

Has there been any word as to whether Jungle Beat would ship with the Bongo Drums also? Because if it's not and the game is full price you may as well just buy Donkey Konga and you are essentially geting a $20 game.

AniHawk

Red Dolphin said:
I'm much more interested in Jungle Beat than Donkey Konga but I figured I might as well get Donkey Konga as it includes the Bongo Drums for free right? Plus my dad is going to the US ( I live in Australia and import US games) so he can pick it up for me while he's there. Otherwise it'd be pretty expensive to ship Jungle Beat and the Bongo Drums when it's released down the road. This way I only have to get the Jungle Beat game shipped when it comes out rather then paying a lot extra for shipping to get the Bongo Drums with it.

Has there been any word as to whether Jungle Beat would ship with the Bongo Drums also? Because if it's not and the game is full price you may as well just buy Donkey Konga and you are essentially geting a $20 game.

Jungle Beat will not be released with the bongo drums.

Top Bottom