• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

Another 15 mins game, wp secret gn8 boys
DkX4mDw.gif

Guru-Guru

Banned
Okay, thanks. Living in Japan means I miss out on both European and North American tourneys unless I stay up to ridiculous hours. I don't really give a shit about China tourneys either. :(

Secret looking so strong. Everybody has made crazy plays, but especially Zai and Kuroky this series.

bounchfx

this is just kinda sad tbh. since there's no comeback mechanic right now it just feels like each match has been a slow burn from a little lead > keep pressure up> win quickly. I hope the finals are a bit more interesting to watch. These have been 'exciting' fight wise, but mostly feel like stomps which kills any of the surprise on how the fights will turn out. that being said, if one team is just straight up playing better than the other, they aren't punished for it, haha

There should be a button next to Fortification that activates X-factor, which instantly gives every hero on your team double damage, regeneration, and haste, and the duration depends on how many more towers the opponent has compared to your team. You regain the charge whenever you lose a lane of rax.

this is just kinda sad tbh. since there's no comeback mechanic right now it just feels like each match has been a slow burn from a little lead > keep pressure up> win quickly. I hope the finals are a bit more interesting to watch. These have been 'exciting' fight wise, but mostly feel like stomps which kills any of the surprise on how the fights will turn out. that being said, if one team is just straight up playing better than the other, they aren't punished for it, haha

What?

aeolist

Banned

i know it's there but it's been nerfed so much and early leads are so big that i'm just not seeing it. in the last patch a good trade late-game could swing 10,000 gold, now it doesn't seem to make any kind of difference.

we need to find a happy medium.

i know it's there but it's been nerfed so much and early leads are so big that i'm just not seeing it. in the last patch a good trade late-game could swing 10,000 gold, now it doesn't seem to make any kind of difference.

we need to find a happy medium.

And that was dumb as hell. It basically rewarded shitty drafts like 4 cores because they would swing in gold after a few bad fights from the winning team.

Dota 2 ALWAYS had comebacks, last patch they were just too dumb and I won't miss it.

My one and only match as Undying in this patch: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1451088438

We WERE losing badly, our Luna was getting ganked to hell and making dumb decisions like going to the lane alone. However, our draft was the better at teamfighting and we capitalize on the mistakes of the opposing team, particularly Slark/Nyx overconfident. In one fight on radiant bot barracks I had like 800g, we wiped team out and I had enough to buy up to Necro 2 (I didn't have 1 even).

So I'll disagree. Seems more like people can't adjust to 6.84 less dumb draft meta and hoping to get rich when the enemy team can't break high ground. I would be happy with some nerfs reverted on towers to counter the "deathball", but I hope nothing comes close ever to the last patch. I can get the complains about tournaments Dota since some people like the drawn out meta were we see 6 slotted carry vs another etc, but as far as pubs go (which is the one I care far more), those changes are for the better.

Elitro

I think we can reach a happy medium. During day 1 and 2, I was thinking that this was just a fluke or bad drafts (especially because of how good redbull was), but even I gotta revise my opinion after these 4 days. The current pub meta is perfect and a ton of fun imo, but, people enjoy watching competitive dota and competitive dota isn't that fun to watch when it's overly dependent on the early game (6.84) or overly dependent on the late game (6.83).

I just hope 6.84c isn't kneejerk and is just something like:
-t2/t3 tower nerfs reverted (22 --> 25 armor)
-cumback factor for xp/gold buffed by 10-15% (was nerfed by 40/25% in 6.84)
-creep bounty nerf reverted (was nerfed by ~7% in 6.84)
-only the losing team gets that new bonus 20% gold for killing the top net worth hero, and only the winning team gets 20% less for killing the lowest net worth hero

Just really don't want to see the aoe gold/xp factor (aka the "comeback mechanic") increased by 40-50%, plz leave that shit in 6.83.

I agree. Long games from earlier patches are just drawn out borefests where teams just farm until they have buyback/roshan.

The idea of this patch is to have as little downtime as possible, therefore it tries to encourage kills over farm.

The problem is, with nerfs to towers and comeback mechanics you can just build too strong of an early lead most of the time, and pros are just too good at keeping this lead and capitalizing on it.

I wouldn't revert creep bounty nerf but i think all of the other suggested changes are pretty good.

I think another idea that is kind of interesting conceptually but probably not workable in practice is scaling things to the actual value of a given hero's/team's net-worth, not just the relative position/value. The idea being that you shouldn't get an extra 20% for their top farmer unless it's actually comparable to your own team's. Say you're in a stomp where their lowest net worth hero is equivalent to your highest. They kill your highest and get 20% extra gold, and you kill their lowest and get -20% extra gold. That seems odd given that the relative difficulty in killing those heroes is completely different than what the reward scheme was intended to reflect.

this patch does nothing to punish failed 5-man deathball push attempts. If you're ahead you might as well go all in because even if you lose a bad fight, the other team can't gain the upper hand

shira

I think another idea that is kind of interesting conceptually but probably not workable in practice is scaling things to the actual value of a given hero's/team's net-worth, not just the relative position/value. The idea being that you shouldn't get an extra 20% for their top farmer unless it's actually comparable to your own team's. Say you're in a stomp where their lowest net worth hero is equivalent to your highest. They kill your highest and get 20% extra gold, and you kill their lowest and get -20% extra gold. That seems odd given that the relative difficulty in killing those heroes is completely different than what the reward scheme was intended to reflect.

You should get "style points" gold for better executed kills.

Chain stunning or skill shots should give more gold.

this patch does nothing to punish failed 5-man deathball push attempts. If you're ahead you might as well go all in because even if you lose a bad fight, the other team can't gain the upper hand

The change to AoE experience gold basically forces 5 manning because otherwise gold is just wasted from kills.

One of the worst changes they've made, imo, was redoing the way gold is handled. Seems like nothing but problems and poor balance has come from it as more and more heroes become entirely useless or require major reworks to even stand a chance.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
The change to AoE experience gold basically forces 5 manning because otherwise gold is just wasted from kills.

One of the worst changes they've made, imo, was redoing the way gold is handled. Seems like nothing but problems and poor balance has come from it as more and more heroes become entirely useless or require major reworks to even stand a chance.

Yeah I generally agree; I think most people wanted to just see a 6.82 with the new t1 glyph mechanic, hero nerfs, and tower bounty nerfs. Would have probably solved the deathball problem without a complete rebalancing of how gold is distributed.

Though I don't think gold is wasted if you don't 5 man, as doesn't it go something like 100/50/25/20% spread? So if you get a solo kill, you get 100% of the bonus gold, but if that was a double kill, the two heroes split for 50%?

How many matches do you guys usually play in a sitting? I find I usually can't go more than 2 or 3 in one session before getting "fatigued". So at most lately I've been playing 2 or 3 games a day.

One every couple of hours. I need to give my laptop some recovery time and I end up playing 3-4 max a day. (I don't have to play the game every day so I often go days without playing at all)

Which is fine with me.

Quesa

How many matches do you guys usually play in a sitting? I find I usually can't go more than 2 or 3 in one session before getting "fatigued". So at most lately I've been playing 2 or 3 games a day.

I honestly can't play more than one, assuming it's not a "someone abandoned early/got wrecked/wrecked in like 15mins"

I feel like I am consistently stuck with people who literally don't know how to play the game. As in they don't realize that carries should be trying for last hits and supports shouldn't just auto-attack creeps in lane.

1700 MMR is a real drag. Thinking about starting a new account to try to recalibrate.

Madouu

Honestly, I don't want to sound mean but at 1700 mmr you should be able to dominate with any hero in any lane regardless of your teammates performace if you are clearly above that bracket. You might be stuck in a "wrong" way of playing the game if you can't consistently win.

Honestly, I don't want to sound mean but at 1700 mmr you should be able to dominate with any hero in any lane regardless of your teammates performace if you are clearly above that bracket. You might be stuck in a "wrong" way of playing the game if you can't consistently win.

I don't believe that at all. I can do my best but if I don't have teammates there to back me up I'm screwed. Especially in this patch. It's not like I can go 1v5

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I don't believe that at all. I can do my best but if I don't have teammates there to back me up I'm screwed. Especially in this patch. It's not like I can go 1v5
Not with that attitude. Now go become a Slark picker and be free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom