• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfaex

7s1dxcV.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
VG is the anti-Secret. This is exactly what happened in DAC. Secret rolls into a tournament with a few limited strategies executed very well, dares captains to try to ban them out, and then rolls over them. Everything looks like its going Secrets way until they run up against VG who calls their bluff and ruthlessly takes them apart.

aeolist

Banned
They had 15k advantage at 13 mins. Why even farm creeps this patch if u can get 1k/min advantage only yoloing heroes
cBj1LTf.png

don't worry this isn't the snowball patch u can still come back ur only seeing teams get stomped when one is massively superiorhahahaha i can't keep it up

6.84 is a joke

I still don't know whether or not this is just exposing massive skill mismatches that the comeback mechanic kept hidden in 6.83, or if this patch is inherently stompy. EG playing sloppy as fuck results in quite a couple of long games.

I mean, none of these games are "they played well but still lost in 20 minutes", or atleast as far as I can remember.

pompidu

don't worry this isn't the snowball patch u can still come back ur only seeing teams get stomped when one is massively superiorhahahaha i can't keep it up

6.84 is a joke

Better than 6.82 and 6.83. Every game turned into an hour or longer in those patches. Wasn't even like playing dota.

aeolist

Banned
Better than 6.82 and 6.83. Every game turned into an hour or longer in those patches. Wasn't even like playing dota.

long games can be fun to watch, every game being long sucked but there were good ones

15 minute shitstomps are boring as hell every time

I still don't know whether or not this is just exposing massive skill mismatches that the comeback mechanic kept hidden in 6.83, or if this patch is inherently stompy. EG playing sloppy as fuck results in quite a couple of long games.

I mean, none of these games are "they played well but still lost in 20 minutes", or atleast as far as I can remember.

It feels incredibly odd to have relatively even teams skillwise suddenly be playing games where totally one-sided stomps are the default. It's worse when it's rationalized as "oh well I guess it was a bad draft, probably" after the fact. Something is very strange. It will be fun to see all the people who are defending the status quo suddenly cheering the early game changes when they're inevitably made.

I haven't seen a lot of competitive for the past year, apart from some DAC matches and the summit. Is Wisp really strong again or what?

pompidu

long games can be fun to watch, every game being long sucked but there were good ones

15 minute shitstomps are boring as hell every time

Hour long games are too long. 40ish mins are good. Not even snowball hereos being played in this patch. The patch is still fresh, let teams find the meta and the games will be better.

Artanisix

short games can be fun to watch, every game being short sucked but there were good ones

60 minute drags are boring as hell every time

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I think we can reach a happy medium. During day 1 and 2, I was thinking that this was just a fluke or bad drafts (especially because of how good redbull was), but even I gotta revise my opinion after these 4 days. The current pub meta is perfect and a ton of fun imo, but, people enjoy watching competitive dota and competitive dota isn't that fun to watch when it's overly dependent on the early game (6.84) or overly dependent on the late game (6.83).

I just hope 6.84c isn't kneejerk and is just something like:
-t2/t3 tower nerfs reverted (22 --> 25 armor)
-cumback factor for xp/gold buffed by 10-15% (was nerfed by 40/25% in 6.84)
-creep bounty nerf reverted (was nerfed by ~7% in 6.84)
-only the losing team gets that new bonus 20% gold for killing the top net worth hero, and only the winning team gets 20% less for killing the lowest net worth hero

Just really don't want to see the aoe gold/xp factor (aka the "comeback mechanic") increased by 40-50%, plz leave that shit in 6.83.

pompidu

I think we can reach a happy medium, i was thinking day 1 and 2 (especially because of how good redbull was) that this was just a fluke or bad drafts, but even i gotta revise my opinion after these 4 days. The current pub meta is perfect and a ton of fun imo, but, people enjoy watching competitive dota and competitive dota isn't that fun to watch when it's overly dependent on the early game (6.84) or overly dependent on the late game (6.83).

-t2/t3 tower nerfs reverted
-cumback factor for xp/gold buffed by 10%
-creep bounty nerf reverted
-only the losing team gets that new bonus 20% gold for killing the top net worth hero, and only the winning team gets 20% less for killing the lowest net worth hero

Just really don't want to see aoe gold/xp factor increased by 40-50%, plz leave that shit in 6.83.

I agree with everything here except the xpgold buff by 10%. I dont want an excess of gold.

This patch feels much much better than the last two. Fuck i switched to ability draft for most of 6.82/3 because of the gold xp retardness. I was tired of long ass games and troll/jugg/axe/sniper cancer.

I think we can reach a happy medium. During day 1 and 2, I was thinking that this was just a fluke or bad drafts (especially because of how good redbull was), but even I gotta revise my opinion after these 4 days. The current pub meta is perfect and a ton of fun imo, but, people enjoy watching competitive dota and competitive dota isn't that fun to watch when it's overly dependent on the early game (6.84) or overly dependent on the late game (6.83).

-t2/t3 tower nerfs reverted (22 --> 25 armor)
-cumback factor for xp/gold buffed by 10-15% (was nerfed by 40/25% in 6.84)
-creep bounty nerf reverted (was nerfed by ~7% in 6.84)

Just really don't want to see the aoe gold/xp factor (aka the "comeback mechanic") increased by 40-50%, plz leave that shit in 6.83.

concur but keep the creep gold nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom