• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
some people are still awful after 500 hours tbh

crazy.gif

ijdM1YkxG8cLi.gif

kionedrik

Gyro hasn't been strong since 2013. He's well overdue.

Allow me to disagree with you.

He's a team fight carry and those have fallen from the spotlight a long time ago (after TI 3 like you said). Now the meta shifted back to them but he didn't really need that buff to be strong.

ViviOggi

Huh, I just bought a set for 1k coins and received a coin charm along with it. Compendium doesn't mention it anywhere, is this like a rare drop?

NBtoaster

Getting close to 5k. Wish I could support my way there, those games when you're 500mmr higher than the rest of the team are too hard

Calidor

Getting close to 5k. Wish I could support my way there, those games when you're 500mmr higher than the rest of the team are too hard

I'm still half way there but I feel you man... I can follow (and lead) the flow of the game generally, but I guess the most punishing part for me is that I die a LOT.

Also it is amazing how much farm the enemy carry gets even if shut down heavily (specially if they are 5,5k+) and how he will not freaking DIE

manfestival

crazy.gif

dude im 1000+ hours in and I am still awful. Don't say such awful things man. it hurts my feelings

Pubs = Scrubs

This really isnt my patch

tears.gif

Also lategame Bristleback is pretty retarded to deal with

Chased him from my rax to his rax like 3 times trying to kill him

bro you guys got REKT. I have noticed that bristleback lategame with octarine core is unkillable

Haunted

crazy.gif
I have 600 hours played and I'm a certified* Dota 2 master

*just look at my 2.3k MMR rating

edit: joking aside, there's a completely warped perception about what's "good" in Dota 2. If you go by internet comments, only the top 0,0001% are good, everyone else is garbage.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I have 600 hours played and I'm a certified* Dota 2 master

*just look at my 2.3k MMR rating

edit: joking aside, there's a completely warped perception about what's "good" in Dota 2. If you go by internet comments, only the top 0,0001% are good, everyone else is garbage.
I have double your hours but I've never been above 2k

💩

Slark is a dumb hero and should be removed from the game.

I can't think of a single game where I found it enjoyable to play against him.

Hylian7

What's your solo MMR atm and why did you keep playing solo RMM when you hit 4k solo?
3532 right now. And I don't think it's enough to go "I hit 4k, now for Doto retirement!" I want a consistent MMR up there. It will take work, but I believe I can get there.

M.D

sf going basi (turned on!) with no regen against pudge and dies 3 or 4 times solo to pudge (with vision)

furion not bothering to move his ass out of the jungle to push mid when pudge was sitting top fishing hooks

wisp telling me my battle PA build is awful and that i should have gone farming build when we lost all our towers before 20 minutes and had an awful lane (was playing against radiance naga as well)

also, i've had this thought for a while but i'm convinced that all the "nice" random players you meet in dota 2 are nice on a per-game basis and they are flamers just like anyone else when they lose
this wisp was playing it all cool and positive the entire game, but at some point pudge was at top lane and i pinged him and said careful, he for some reason thought i wanted to relocate on him and said so but i didn't understand him at the tune and broke the tether, then he says "thanks for breaking the tether asshole" and starts telling me how my build is awful and i shouldn't build aquilla if sf already has it

basically, people being nice in dota is bullshit that's supposed to serve their interest at keeping the game going well and if those people are losing i bet you they are some of the worst flamers

shira

3532 right now. And I don't think it's enough to go "I hit 4k, now for Doto retirement!" I want a consistent MMR up there. It will take work, but I believe I can get there.

Just pick
cry.gif

Stand around until your
grave.gif
is up
Press E
RJVFI6H.gif

kionedrik

Slark is a dumb hero and should be removed from the game.

I can't think of a single game where I found it enjoyable to play against him.

You're an awful person!

Slark is the best!

He's not that hard to counter, just requires a little bit more coordination that any other snowball hero.

abunai

considering 99% of us will only play pubs. how is that meaningless

my opinions skewed because the only people i know who talk about mmr frequently are friends who only play storm spirit. So they're 5.5k at storm spirit, but actually playing dota? Maybe not. There'd be an underlying level of understanding and stuff which i'd say is their 'real skill', which they would be at if not for their single hero that they play.

idk this sounds more dumb the more i read it but w/e

Big Dog

I'm wondering when we will hit the first invisible stretch goal. Probably between 7 & 8 million where the gap increases and there is no half million goal. Or maybe there are no invisible goals this year. But I hope there is one to reveal pit lord at some point.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What if the axe comic is the introduction for pit Lord and arc warden

What if we never reach that goal and they never release those heroes

You're an awful person!

Slark is the best!

He's not that hard to counter, just requires a little bit more coordination that any other snowball hero.

Nah, he's a piece of shit pub stomper and silver edge made him way too good. If they want to give slark silver edge then they should give troll basher. There's not really a great counter to him besides picking specifically for him. Detection hasn't worked on his ult since a year ago.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Nah, he's a piece of shit pub stomper and silver edge made him way too good. If they want to give slark silver edge then they should give troll basher. There's not really a great counter to him besides picking specifically for him. Detection hasn't worked on his ult since a year ago.
You could always place sentry wards or something.....

abunai

You could pick omniknight. But then you'd have to play omniknight.

Haunted

The following heroes are no longer restricted from buying Basher/Abyssal (but they are still restricted from activating Bash): Spirit Breaker, Faceless Void, Slardar and Troll

Calidor

I pick Slark fairly often and the most annoying heroes to go against are Centaur, Briste, Tiny, Riki and Ursa basically because they can either stun lock you when ulted or burst you down
blush.gif

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I doubt there will be any exciting hidden stretch goals especially for a new hero. Every single patch has little hints and stuff that people run wild with but it's never so far indicated a surprise hero coming out later in that patch/event. It's always something that happens with the next big patch at soonest (e.g. Winter Wyvern), or nothing comes of it at all (e.g. the weird Zeus stuff in the PA event). We all got excited nearly a year ago when the Techies/Arc Warden/Oracle-themed treasures were released at once and we never got that big 3 hero patch people hoped for.

Andi Mage is the last hero on my hero challenge and I have no idea how Im going to win with him, as this patch's meta seems to involve around team fighting early.

Kill me now.

kionedrik

- He has very low stat gains
- He can't farm super fast till he has level 3 Dark Pact (so level 6 at best since you'll want to be able to regen the self damage with your ulti, and even then level 1 Ulti sucks).
- He gets shut down by AoE, non-targetable spells and silences.
- After Dark Pact ends you have a 3 to 4s window to stun/silence/slow him
- He's hardly a team fighter
- If he dies his snowballs effectively ends, since he loses all stacks of essence shift, unless he was super farmed.
- He'll want to avoid getting BKB as much as possible.

There's a lot that can be done against him, you just need to adapt your play style.

fuck yeah in flames and nightwish

synderen is the only streamer with good music

Hopefully only the Tarja albums. Fuck Anette.

(I still haven't heard their latest stuff with Floor)

inkls

- He has very low stat gains
- He can't farm super fast till he has level 3 Dark Pact (so level 6 at best since you'll want to be able to regen the self damage with your ulti, and even then level 1 Ulti sucks).
- He gets shut down by AoE, non-targetable spells and silences.
- After Dark Pact ends you have a 3 to 4s window to stun/silence/slow him
- He's hardly a team fighter
- If he dies his snowballs effectively ends, since he loses all stacks of essence shift, unless he was super farmed.
- He'll want to avoid getting BKB as much as possible.

There's a lot that can be done against him, you just need to adapt your play style.

these slark fanboys, amirite. stop defending your digital waifu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom