• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If u see slark coming for you, just tp away, and if he doesn't have a basher he can't stop you

MY LOSING STREAK IS OVER I MADE IT. I WON A GAME DOTAAAAAAAAAA
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif

The following heroes are no longer restricted from buying Basher/Abyssal (but they are still restricted from activating Bash): Spirit Breaker, Faceless Void, Slardar and Troll

world has ended

I'm not getting into a list war about slark. He's been good forever for AP. He is extremely hard to catch, can snowball easily, can't be focused easily and basically never has to go back to base. Those three attributes are crazy good for a carry/ganker in a patch that's focused on fighting instead of farming.

Silverblade so good on kunkka. Forgot how much fun it its to tidebringer half the other team's health before the fight begins.

Big Dog

It's not crazy to think that the Watcher Below stretch goal ward is hinting at pit lord just by seeing the name but the claw coming out of the ground holding the eye is also an interesting connection.

kionedrik

these slark fanboys, amirite. stop defending your digital waifu

I'll do whatever it takes to make people stop calling him OP or "bullshit hero". If you look at the change logs you'll notice that almost every patch he gets some kind of slap on the wrist.

IMO he's super fun to play and to watch and his many weaknesses require that you play him in a different way from most carries.

Quesa

I'll do whatever it takes to make people stop calling him OP or "bullshit hero". If you look at the change logs you'll notice that almost every patch he gets some kind of slap on the wrist.

IMO he's super fun to play and to watch and his many weaknesses require that you play him in a different way from most carries.

just like Earth Spirit #freeearthspirit

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's not crazy to think that the Watcher Below stretch goal ward is hinting at pit lord just by seeing the name but the claw coming out of the ground holding the eye is also an interesting connection.

No it's not crazy but you just will most likely be disappointed.

Acinixys

bro you guys got REKT. I have noticed that bristleback lategame with octarine core is unkillable

I didnt get rekt

My team got rekt

Solo mid Ember with almost no items and a 5/12, as well as a bloodstone rush DP who ends 4/12 kinda tell the story of how shitty the game went

Its sad considering I was solo safelane as AM and totally buttfucked their Bristle + Ogre offlane

dac15_sad.gif

I have 600 hours played and I'm a certified* Dota 2 master

*just look at my 2.3k MMR rating

edit: joking aside, there's a completely warped perception about what's "good" in Dota 2. If you go by internet comments, only the top 0,0001% are good, everyone else is garbage.

My hours played: 2281.78
My MMR: 3498
Ranked games played: 24
Unranked games played: 3,313

Get on my level

Inversive

i fucking hate silver edge slark, what a piece of shit hero. It's so unfun to play against if you're stuck playing support.

edit - nvm i see this discussion has just happened haha.

Randdalf

i fucking hate silver edge slark, what a piece of shit hero. It's so unfun to play against if you're stuck playing support.

My general anti-Slark strategy is to shut him down early with lots of ganks, then later on stick with my cores and always have a sentry ward at hand. The hero is much easier to deal with if he doesn't snowball off early kills.

Low Tier
well its like they took our first rax at like 19 minutes or someshit because haha undying+jugg. Alot of our victory was in part due to the fact that lion never got a blink, so I could zip around the hero and just kind of disrupt fights and play high ground defense with storm.

IMO this is the strongest way to play storm spirit in ranked pubs, as the hero is just so good at defending and punishing missteps or mistakes. There were times where I would catch a stray impale or shackleshot, and IMO with orchid I would've died. I'm still strongly in favor of bloodstone over orchid, and shivas over orchid, and just about most items over orchid on storm unless the lineups are very specific towards orchid.

Ranked mm means there will always be a weakest player, and most of the time the weakest player is glaringly so. While Orchid does let you snipe said player, as well as other possible targets like an enemy QoP, simply waiting until after spells are cast to come in is perfectly fine too. A lot of times I would wait until after spells were thrown out on the ogre or magnus, and the only times I would initiate myself is if someone on the enemy team was horribly out of position, where a global and haunt would then reinforce our position and guarantee a pickoff.

tl;dr: FCUK ORCHID

Sanjay

But you had Silencer global, and 12 seconds at the end. Fuck that Dire team. Looks like a Nightmare to face that team.

Hylian7

well its like they took our first rax at like 19 minutes or someshit because haha undying+jugg. Alot of our victory was in part due to the fact that lion never got a blink, so I could zip around the hero and just kind of disrupt fights and play high ground defense with storm.

IMO this is the strongest way to play storm spirit in ranked pubs, as the hero is just so good at defending and punishing missteps or mistakes. There were times where I would catch a stray impale or shackleshot, and IMO with orchid I would've died. I'm still strongly in favor of bloodstone over orchid, and shivas over orchid, and just about most items over orchid on storm unless the lineups are very specific towards orchid.

Ranked mm means there will always be a weakest player, and most of the time the weakest player is glaringly so. While Orchid does let you snipe said player, as well as other possible targets like an enemy QoP, simply waiting until after spells are cast to come in is perfectly fine too. A lot of times I would wait until after spells were thrown out on the ogre or magnus, and the only times I would initiate myself is if someone on the enemy team was horribly out of position, where a global and haunt would then reinforce our position and guarantee a pickoff.

tl;dr: FCUK ORCHID

Interesting, I probably won't be going Orchid unless the situation absolutely calls for it.

What do you think of Lotus Orb though?

Low Tier
its cute, u can lotus urself if the enemy team only has single target disables, and watch as ur untouchable. For the cost though I may ask if a support can get it, as the offensive power it gives u is very weak.

Hylian7

its cute, u can lotus urself if the enemy team only has single target disables, and watch as ur untouchable. For the cost though I may ask if a support can get it, as the offensive power it gives u is very weak.

Noted. In general, would you say Lotus is basically a 100% upgrade over Linkens or does Linkens still have it's value?

Edit: Not necessarily on Storm, I mean on any Linkens carrier.

Low Tier
I wouldn't discredit Linkens, especially since spiritbreaker is very popular right now. It's imo a stronger item if you're the frontliner and the enemy team is in the position to initiate, and it also gives you more offensive capability and higher mana regen. Again, depends on how the game is playing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom