• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
They instantly charge him back

Pretty funny to watch
I think that's a hero against which you just never want to be Lotus'd. Any time he sees you cast it he basically has a slow global reality rift. And he will ALWAYS see you cast it as there's really no point in echo shelling when not engaging.
Well not really

Cause you can instantly stop your own charge
I think

If that's true then nevermind, but it can still get you out of position before you even figure out what's happening.

W1SSY

You cannot cast Lotus on the enemy correct? If you could it would be pretty great to have an sb on your team and use lotus on an enemy to get them out of position.

DrPizza

Banned
Noted. In general, would you say Lotus is basically a 100% upgrade over Linkens or does Linkens still have it's value?

Edit: Not necessarily on Storm, I mean on any Linkens carrier.

Linkens is better if they have surprise initiators (e.g. Storm zipping in, Lion blink-hexing). Lotus has to be primed for usage; Linkens is automatic.

Acinixys

This fucking dream league production value

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Pro Dota is going to be shit with the majors system.

A bunch of Tier F teams playing each other in meaningless matches 320 days of the year
They already do that, you just don't notice because nobody's watching them play. Everyone's been wanting less meaningless qualifier games for meaningless tournaments. More meaningful games, less games overall, less awful tournaments that don't even pay out.

If Dreamleague is going to consist of shit teams nobody is going to watch and nobody will care.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Pro Dota is going to be shit with the majors system.

A bunch of Tier F teams playing each other in meaningless matches 320 days of the year

I do wonder how other tournaments will fit stuff in between. Maybe more fully online tournaments, or full lan events with short qualifiers.

is it fair to say that spirit breaker peaks in the midgame?

Yes, early to mid. Run over the enemy team before they can deal with you and then get BKB so they really can't deal with you. Late game he's still okay but falls off pretty hard. It's basically the best hero to go full retard on.

shira

I do wonder how other tournaments will fit stuff in between. Maybe more fully online tournaments, or full lan events with short qualifiers.

I think the pros are going to abuse it just like Newbee did, like Alliance did, like iG did, like Navi did. Get fat and lazy, show up to LAN finals with guaranteed paydays until there are no more guaranteed paydays. Once the guaranteed paydays stop kick someone and reshuffle. Once that fails. Bring back the kicked guy and kick the new guy.

THAT PIT LORD HAND COST 6.5 MILLION DOLLARS?

Artour playing pit lord in front of a bored crowd. #TI5allstargame

Syder

If I'd swapped RAVE for Virtus.Pro I'd have 10/10 on the invitee predictions which, for someone who barely follows the pro scene, isn't half bad.

So the way I'm understanding it there's no reward for any other prediction that isn't 10/10? If so, that sucks. I'm still at level 1 on my compendium and with my losing streak on 6.84 showing no signs of ending I can't see how I'm gonna improve that. GG Volvo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom