• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
gaga da best

popgaf is people who like shit music
basically
ZCeVtKP.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
well before she gave up her music career and turned full time to fashion and modelling, rihanna was one of the most successful and iconic pop stars in the world so

Hylian7

Shugg, my dude, my bro, my broski,

Listen, I don't understand why the first thing you do when you're unbanned is insult PopGAF trying to start a fight. I mean, seriously, why do that? What does it accomplish? They did nothing to you, you could have simply come back and said "So how about Secret?" or "What do you guys think of building Mek on Faceless Void?", but you decide instead to immediately resort to trolling. People call you a shitposter because you pull shenanigans like that.

Now that's not to say your "shitposter" reputation is unredeemable, I believe you can redeem yourself if you actually just start and continue making quality posts. It would benefit you, it would benefit everyone.

Shugg, my dude, my bro, my broski,

Listen, I don't understand why the first thing you do when you're unbanned is insult PopGAF trying to start a fight. I mean, seriously, why do that? What does it accomplish? They did nothing to you, you could have simply come back and said "So how about Secret?" or "What do you guys think of building Mek on Faceless Void?", but you decide instead to immediately resort to trolling. People call you a shitposter because you pull shenanigans like that.

Now that's not to say your "shitposter" reputation is unredeemable, I believe you can redeem yourself if you actually just start and continue making quality posts. It would benefit you, it would benefit everyone.

the hell are you talking about, this quote is like a month old man

Hylian7

Ha, no word of a lie, I clicked on this from reddit and while watching kept thinking, "Man this guy sounds familiar."

Wasn't until I was reading the comments and someone mentioned it was tsunami and I came in here to confirm. Nice work!

(Cats are the worst)

IlrZb0Z.png

My cat disagrees with you.

G.ZZZ

At what point do you stop being bad at dota?

4k = decent mechanic but can't pick for shit, you see junglers way too often, as well as 5 greed heroes with no rationale behind it. Highest concentration of flamers and ragers of any bracket, plus so many people taht "i'm 6k on main plz me mid". Their biggest problem is lack of any game sense and they're not capable of playing from behind. Instead, they prefer the "blame teammates the moment we're slightly behind" strategy and the "take teamfight as often as possible even if they're all missing from map because reasons" strat
Toward the high end of the bracket people tend not to be as annoying and just stfu and play, and they usually have a couple heroes which they just don't feed with

5k = mechanically more or less the same as high 4k, a bit better but in general the biggest differences are that they have decent game sense, they know how to play from behind, they're not as defeatist and they use their brain when picking. You get a lot of main support players in this bracket compared to the 4k one.

6k = this is where you see a consistent difference in mechanical skills. They do what 5k do, but much faster. If you're support, playing in 6k average games is completely different than even 5.5k. You'll get jumped, focused and killed much much faster. Positioning is way harder, because patterns are not as predictable and slow. 6k supports players know much better than 5k when they have to fight and tp. I still have nightmares from a 6.5k ezalor spammer player than basically won all lanes for his team with mana leak, and then came out at like 15 mins with necro 3 and basically was antimage but stronger and with 600 range.

7k= those are usually 6k players who tryhard at the maximum, ask your team to counterpick/pick certain supports, and spam the same hero over and over again. Meepo pickers and Earth spirit pickers are the most common, but nowadays it's probably BS pickers. They're, however, still pretty bad at this game
bts_watermelon.gif

ksan

FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE FUCK VALVE

holy shit at least the irc bots were never down

Mordeccai

Chronic shit posting can't be fixed. Its like pancreatic cancer, there is no cure and it is a pain for everybody that has to witness it

Which is better? Damage Furion or Pusher Furion?
My main problem with Furion is his escape.
What do you guys think of dagger, SB, Glimmer Cape as escape for NP?

Wok

Which is better? Damage Furion or Pusher Furion?
My main problem with Furion is his escape.
What do you guys think of dagger, SB, Glimmer Cape as escape for NP?

Dagger is not an escape item (unless opponents are all melee with no blink), SB is countered by Dust, Glimmer Cape can be fun.

I would say good Furion are gankers and only push when they can do it safely.

xanavi

Like many things in doto there's no one right answer. The type of NP you should play changes game to game. Make a decision based on team compositions, the state of the game and your own strengths and preferences.

sprout is ridiculous as fuck now so kill heroes who can't cut the trees
you can get items that are good at pushing and killing ie deso, maelstrom etc

rexor0717

4k = decent mechanic but can't pick for shit, you see junglers way too often, as well as 5 greed heroes with no rationale behind it. Highest concentration of flamers and ragers of any bracket, plus so many people taht "i'm 6k on main plz me mid". Their biggest problem is lack of any game sense and they're not capable of playing from behind. Instead, they prefer the "blame teammates the moment we're slightly behind" strategy and the "take teamfight as often as possible even if they're all missing from map because reasons" strat
Toward the high end of the bracket people tend not to be as annoying and just stfu and play, and they usually have a couple heroes which they just don't feed with

5k = mechanically more or less the same as high 4k, a bit better but in general the biggest differences are that they have decent game sense, they know how to play from behind, they're not as defeatist and they use their brain when picking. You get a lot of main support players in this bracket compared to the 4k one.

6k = this is where you see a consistent difference in mechanical skills. They do what 5k do, but much faster. If you're support, playing in 6k average games is completely different than even 5.5k. You'll get jumped, focused and killed much much faster. Positioning is way harder, because patterns are not as predictable and slow. 6k supports players know much better than 5k when they have to fight and tp. I still have nightmares from a 6.5k ezalor spammer player than basically won all lanes for his team with mana leak, and then came out at like 15 mins with necro 3 and basically was antimage but stronger and with 600 range.

7k= those are usually 6k players who tryhard at the maximum, ask your team to counterpick/pick certain supports, and spam the same hero over and over again. Meepo pickers and Earth spirit pickers are the most common, but nowadays it's probably BS pickers. They're, however, still pretty bad at this game
bts_watermelon.gif

I sound like a 5k but am only 4k.
cry.gif
Dedicated support for life.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i still get so confused when i play with both of them tbh, it's why i keep casting my abilities on creeps so much tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom