• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two games tonight where I did really well but we still lost due to lack of teamwork. Those losses are so much more frustrating than anything else.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tell me you wouldn't play EaStar Wars?

What if it's like Gears of War... but with Easter Bunnies!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yeah!
HBoYecp.gif

Guys, any tips on how to improve my jungling? I've played Enigma and Nature's Prophet. I'd say I did pretty decently with both, but I feel like some better micro might do me good. Any advanced tips that can help?

bounchfx

if there's one core or carry hero I should spend time with to get good at, who should it be? I wanna try someone fun, and try to improve. Normally I just pick a different hero every time I play because.. well, it's just more interesting to me. But I might try this.

Guys, any tips on how to improve my jungling? I've played Enigma and Nature's Prophet. I'd say I did pretty decently with both, but I feel like some better micro might do me good. Any advanced tips that can help?
Micro on these isnt hard, CTRL+click
You just gotta learn agro switch and a good farming pattern
Dont forget to stack rather than just wait for respawn too

^PL, thank me later. Manta is core as fuck

Shinypogs

Troll, Magnus and Jugg left before I can sleep, pray for my sanity. Also I forgot how fun it is to be a Dusa with items, went, manta, skadi, and completed a heart just before the throne fell ( linkens takes forever and I feel like I don't do enough in fights with it). It's nice to go toe to toe with Drow and SF without giving any fucks.

Acinixys

Wow his thread when to absolute shit over the last 3 pages

Shugg can back from his ban and everything went into the dumpster

Patch drops and still no immortals

Valve braking the game with untested patches

Fuck this im going back to TW3

At least that game has cute girls in it

heart.gif

Troll, Magnus and Jugg left before I can sleep, pray for my sanity. Also I forgot how fun it is to be a Dusa with items, went, manta, skadi, and completed a heart just before the throne fell ( linkens takes forever and I feel like I don't do enough in fights with it). It's nice to go toe to toe with Drow and SF without giving any fucks.

Yeesh, you may want to reconsider your build ;(

Wok

Some games are flat out unwinnable. In order for MMR to be representative you need a reasonable sample size. One stomp is irrelevant frankly.

Even then, MMR is only relevant when people spam heroes which they know how to play. If I go to 4k by spamming one hero, and then start playing heroes for which I have less than 5 games, I won't play at the same level but I will still play in the same MMR bracket.

Wok

do it wok

become the next drkirby hylian

I would do it if it were fun at the end of the day.

I prefer playing with noobs when experimenting with heroes. It is more relaxing.

Actually, there could be a threshold to allow heroes in ranked: if you have not played at least 30 games in unranked with a hero, then you cannot select it in ranked. This way, MMR would be more accurate.

I prefer playing with noobs when experimenting with heroes. It is more relaxing.

Actually, there could be a threshold to allow heroes in ranked: if you have not played at least 30 games in unranked with a hero, then you cannot select it in ranked. This way, MMR would be more accurate.

Yeahhh enjoy 40% WR invoker player on each of your game then

Then I would be able to play a grand total of two heroes in ranked, according to by dotabuff. LOL.

Wok

Then I would be able to play a grand total of two heroes in ranked, according to by dotabuff. LOL.

To make sure everyone can select a hero in ranked mode, one would have to have at least 10 heroes with more games played than the threshold to be able to search for a game.

To make sure everyone can select a hero in ranked mode, one would have to have at least 10 heroes with more games played than the threshold to be able to search for a game.

300 games minimum to play ranked...?

lets say average of 30 minutes per game you have to put in 150 hours of your life just to play a more tryhard game mode? That's ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that it would drastically raise queue times.
unranked being less "tryhard" is a myth presumably circulated by people having sworn off ranked for one reason or another. I've been playing a load of it again lately due to gaf stacks and people counterpick 24/7, stacks pick elaborate push/deathball/wombo combo lineups and actual experimental or "troll" builds are one in a million

people like winning, who knew

this is my experience as well, but I figure I don't play much normals so maybe it's just me being unlucky.

ViviOggi

unranked being less "tryhard" is a myth presumably circulated by people having sworn off ranked for one reason or another. I've been playing a load of it again lately due to gaf stacks and people counterpick 24/7, stacks pick elaborate push/deathball/wombo combo lineups and actual experimental or "troll" builds are one in a million

people like winning, who knew

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I made it so the detailed item page now shows some info on sets/bundles, thoughts? I can't for the life of me make the thumbnail boxes always the same height and not screw up if you resize your screen though, I'll try again in the morning. Here is an example, on of the few bundles that is inside of another bundle:
http://dotahatstats.com/detailed.php?IDNum=20661

TUSR

Banned
I made it so the detailed item page now shows some info on sets/bundles, thoughts? I can't for the life of me make the thumbnail boxes always the same height and not screw up if you resize your screen though, I'll try again in the morning. Here is an example, on of the few bundles that is inside of another bundle:
http://dotahatstats.com/detailed.php?IDNum=20661

i feel like you could display all the information if you took up more horizontal space

on a 27" monitor its annoying to have to scroll

set the page up like this to use more valuable screen real estate

green = item/sets

brown = charts/drop info

Haunted

I definitely need some Dota 2 analyst help for the in-depth European qualifier predictions.

Fuck if I know how late the first blood will be in a single game and how many rapiers will be bought throughout the qualifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom