• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How to make Elder Titan work? Is it even possible to draft him currently?

I'd like the following:
- Make stomp a hard stun. Keep the channel time but instead of sleeping make it stun the enemies for 2 seconds and scale the damage.
- Make Splitter end toggleable. Instead of waiting for it to travel X units for it to end and proc the damage and slow make it possible to press ulti again and end it earlier.

This might not be enough to give him some time in the spotlight but it's a start.

I used to love that hero so much (he's still in my top 10 most played and I haven't touched him in forever) but holy shit is he bad now. The buffs to his stomp over the last year have been trivial and useless. The Astral Spirit nerfs were just too much. It's impossible to lane him now.

Quesa

Okay hold on. Ideas coming

Make the E Scale with the range of each person's attacks (giving even melee dudes a minor bonus) attacks instead of drow's agi, increase the bonus dmg% some but! Give this E the downside of the ult -- if someone closes the gap on a hero, their bonus is heavily reduced. Her ult would then be a ult version of take aim with like 200/300/400 bonus range, which would give her bonus damage.

This would make people work for the bonus damage -- if someone closes the gap on viper, say, he has to make an effort to move away in order to get more damage, and would have to choose between that and standing his ground. This could also make sniper really strong though but there could be a limit on the bonus damage for the E but not on drow.

This is all more of a "if I had to" than what I think she needs, since I think she's fine for the most part. Iunno I'm bored at work again

kionedrik

I used to love that hero so much (he's still in my top 10 most played and I haven't touched him in forever) but holy shit is he bad now. The buffs to his stomp over the last year have been trivial and useless. The Astral Spirit nerfs were just too much. It's impossible to lane him now.

I played him a fair bit back then and I understand the love the hero got. I haven't played him in a long time and the only time I saw him being played in the past 3 months he felt really lackluster.

The sleeping mechanic is stupid, it offers nothing of value. Make it a stun or even a slow, otherwise what's the point?

Regarding Drow:

Make her ulti a blink and invis to a tree in a 1200 radius. Next attack breaks invis and deals 200/300/400 extra damage. Don't touch her other 3 skills.

But I honestly don't think she needs any rework.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
instead of drow and elder titan and other heroes with 50% wr i think something needs to be done about doom, he's trash now. and OD. i feel like OD needs a rework, he's boring tbh (and trash).

Haunted

Just saw a Guardian Greaves Tinker push the shit out of a lane by healing his creep wave all the fucking time. I thought the Guardian Greaves Mend was on a longer internal cooldown, but it seems like that doesn't apply to creeps.

inkls

I don't know. As far as I'm concerned she's a good competitive pick, so she's not super high on the list of heroes that need major changes.

Personally, the only hero that I'd want some changes on would be Lone Druid. Pretty much all of his abilities are stat bonuses and that limits his skill ceiling. I wouldn't be against changes akin to bloodseeker.

I feel he has such an odd design. You'd think a hero that can have 12 slots would be good lategame, but when you get there the bear falls off, which in my opinion is due to:

1) The bear's damage type is "normal" as opposed to "hero" so he does 75% dmg to heroes instead of 100% without applying reductions. The only tradeoff is that he does +20% more damage to towers compared to heroes (he does 70% instead of 50%, and 98% with demolish).

2) So many bugged interactions like most of brew's abilities lasting extra long on him and cyclone considering the bear a creep so it lasts 20 seconds on it...

3) Entangle is really not reliable since its pure rng and its not a good disable lategame

4) Bear does not benefit from stats so its easier for it to dropoff.

It takes too long for the bear and druid to get 12 slotted and by that times he's outcarried by a carry with 6 items.

Also on my list of grievances:

-The bear can't consume Moonshard...

-Bear gives 300 gold at all levels which is insane considering first blood on a level 1 hero gives 409 gold and a normal kill on a hero without a spree gives 209 gold and to get the equivalent bounty from the bear on a hero (assuming the hero has no spree) the hero needs to be level 22. Seriously?

-Bear doesn't benefit from stats so alot of items suck on him. Stuff you normally get on the bear like Basher don't give him the +10 str and with normal damage the +25 dmg turns into a 18.75 dmg on heroes before applying armor. The bear's scaling ends when its level 4. No stats gains apart from what he gets from LD's abilities. Not asking for him to directly get the stats from items, but at least make it so either the bear gets bonus stuff based on the Druid's stats so 12 slotted isn't that bad or make it so that the druid gets the stats from attributes which the bear doesn't get. Like him getting the +10 str from basher which the bear doesn't get. Heck, if its too strong, make it part of the aghs upgrade.

tl;dr MAKE LD BETTER. In my top 3 favourite hero and reddit should complain about him and his winrate in pubs (bottom 4 winrates) instead of terrorblade.

What if druid got the stats from bear's items ?
Agreed the hero is still meh, he's pretty crap early (free 300 gold ayy), and late game the bear is a bag of squish. Still pretty strong in mid game though

Quesa

tl;dr MAKE LD BETTER. In my top 3 favourite hero and reddit should complain about him and his winrate in pubs (bottom 4 winrates) instead of terrorblade.

No reason to complain about him since there ain't a $35 purchase you have to justify by playing the hero

kvk1

Personally, the only hero that I'd want some changes on would be Lone Druid.

image.php

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I played him a fair bit back then and I understand the love the hero got. I haven't played him in a long time and the only time I saw him being played in the past 3 months he felt really lackluster.

The sleeping mechanic is stupid, it offers nothing of value. Make it a stun or even a slow, otherwise what's the point?

It's a good set up for your ultimate, but unless you play him in the trench (which I do/did), it's hard to catch a significant amount of people in it. In most practical application it just serves to zone people as they move around it to avoid it.

Here's some old-ass uploads of me trenchstomping. These were fun times for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjXvTr_co4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5tyH0x0mCc

It's fun making an entire team helpless for 5 full seconds. The chances of this kinda thing happening now, even in my current modest 2-3k bracket is slim.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I currently have Lone Druid in my all hero challenge I suck so many eggs with him, I just end up feeding myself and the bear.

Tempted to try a non-bear build.

inkls

What if druid got the stats from bear's items ?
Agreed the hero is still meh, he's pretty crap early (free 300 gold ayy), and late game the bear is a bag of squish. Still pretty strong in mid game though

Yeah, but he relies on getting a huge lead to actually win games. Like Bulldog said in his Lone Druid guide, if you don't have a rax by 30 min, you're going to struggle alot.

No reason to complain about him since there ain't a $35 purchase you have to justify by playing the hero

So making him win the arcana vote is the solution. Heck, if void can win a remodel vote, anything is possible.

Blame the artists who are too busy drawing the same 15-20 heroes instead of making avatar worthy Storm or LD art.

Yeah let's focus on how Sven can become stronger. Valve pls

Dude is 52.38% winrate this month. He can wait.

I currently have Lone Druid in my all hero challenge I suck so many eggs with him, I just end up feeding myself and the bear.

Tempted to try a non-bear build.

How do you play him? Laning, items, skill build?

BHK3

Banned
Stop giving ideas for buffs on ET, he's still really strong. This is how heroes become broken.

If he's really strong why doesn't he get picked? He's been picked 19 times in all of 2015. Pudge has been played more than him. A spirit that can cast a stun somewhere on the map with a good aura and a good ult means an ok pick right?

kionedrik

It's a good set up for your ultimate, but unless you play him in the trench (which I do/did), it's hard to catch a significant amount of people in it. In most practical application it just serves to zone people as they move around it to avoid it.

Here's some old-ass uploads of me trenchstomping. These were fun times for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjXvTr_co4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5tyH0x0mCc

It's fun making an entire team helpless for 5 full seconds. The chances of this kinda thing happening now, even in my current modest 2-3k bracket is slim.

That's my point. It's "cool" in a 1vX scenario because you can control who attacks the sleepers (you) and set-up your ulti with it, but realistically speaking how many times will this happen?
In a team-fight scenario they will wake-up long before your ulti had time to proc, which lends it useless. It's also very hard to imagine that your team will sit idly by while the enemy is asleep.

My 2 suggestions tried to address these 2 issues, make him a teamplayer and his ulti a little more reliable.

DrPizza

Banned
Aura being global and only affecting ranged heroes (???) is stupid. I would change it but I have no idea
Make the ult completely different and give her a decent agi gain. Maybe give bonus damage for hitting an enemy in the face (or in the back, depends on how you rework aura and frost arrows)
Frost arrows are alright I suppose, but the fact that pros skip it completely tells a lot. Just like old shrapnel, maybe nerf the slow a bit but add an AS slow

Drow drafts are always like "pick 3 or 4 ranged heroes along with her, get medallion on some hero and level 6 on drow, get rosh then 5man win"

The problem with frost arrows is that fundamentally, Skadi is basically better. Skadi pierces BKB, stacks with lifesteal, has no mana cost, and slows attacks as well as movement. Skadi also adds a ton of HP, a decent amount of agility, etc.

The only advantage frost arrows have as the game progresses is that they have a greater movement slow at 3 and 4 points. That's not nothing. The fact that you don't need to build a Skadi is also nice. And god, being hit with level 4 frost arrows is just brutal, you go so... slowly.... But if your early game Drow is just farming and stacking Wraith Bands for a nice aura, and not hunting people down and making them slow as fuck so they can't run away, who needs frost arrows?

But how do you fix them? Making them stack with lifesteal would be nice, but it still doesn't make them better than Skadi. I think they need to do that and something else, but I'm not sure what that something else would be. There needs to be some reason to use them.

domstah

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1489377023

Proof that the right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

My team were feeding hard, and GG in the first 5 minutes - our ember was clearly "trying him out", our Leshrac was playing him because he was the cool insta-pick hero of the patch, and we had Sniper picker.

However our Slark, he gets some good farm going - ignores the rest of the team, Silver Edge's up - and when the Radiant are pushing down our barracks shows up and breaks their spirits so hard that they all abandoned even though they were 19 or so kills ahead at that point.

I was fucking useless though
facepalm.gif

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1489377023

Proof that the right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

My team were feeding hard, and GG in the first 5 minutes - our ember was clearly "trying him out", our Leshrac was playing him because he was the cool insta-pick hero of the patch, and we had Sniper picker.
Forgot to mention "and our ench thought it was a good idea to go offlane and build straight necrobook BECAUSE SLASHSERWAY AMIRITE XDDD"

^ if aghs upgraded ult prison cast went through bkb then maybe, yeah.
But prison going straight through bkb no matter what fucks bkb heroes and naix in the ass so hard

Hylian7

Which for a hero that's pretty hard countered by BKB would be nice to have!

Maybe tie it to Aghs?

Absolutely not, that would be way too broken and a way to make BKB completely useless. A hero countered by BKB doesn't just go from being countered by it to actually countering BKB!

On top of that, you really gotta think about how useless that would make BKB if OD was on the other team. Lets say OD has a team behind him that you definitely have to buy BKB against, they have Lina, Tide, etc. You get prisioned for all or most of your BKB, and boom, easy setups on you. Having him COMPLETELY invalidate BKB like that would be ridiculous.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Simple fix (I think): imprison can go through BKB.

that's not really important tbh. you can imprison yourself to waste a significant chunk of a bkb anyway.

the hero is just boring atm. there's only one way to build his abilities and only one or two sensible item progressions.

it's exacerbated by the meta too really. he takes a long time to come online and there's lots of early game spell spamming int heroes running around in pubs, which makes life hard for OD.

DrPizza

Banned
Absolutely not, that would be way too broken and a way to make BKB completely useless. A hero countered by BKB doesn't just go from being countered by it to actually countering BKB!
He can already ignore a single enemy with a short BKB by self-imprisoning for the BKB duration. That doesn't protect his team, but it guards against pickoffs. Letting imprison go through BKB would, however, be a big win in teamfights, by letting you reliably remove one of their cores for several seconds.

On top of that, you really gotta think about how useless that would make BKB if OD was on the other team. Lets say OD has a team behind him that you definitely have to buy BKB against, they have Lina, Tide, etc. You get prisioned for all or most of your BKB, and boom, easy setups on you. Having him COMPLETELY invalidate BKB like that would be ridiculous.
It would be very strong against single core line-ups, but lots of things are very strong against single core line-ups.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well you do need a Master of Science in BKB to have the barest idea of what goes through BKB and what doesn't.

Chris R

Is the Double Elimination bracket for TI qualifiers a true double elimination bracket? Or is it a Bo5 with a game advantage to the winner's bracket team?

BkB is antif-un and burnen of kwnoleffge antyway
ti4platinum.gif

yeahh its so t o x i c just like heals

^should be no game advantage cause this is TI and they're not dumb about that unlike slavladder

Well you do need a Master of Science in BKB to have the barest idea of what goes through BKB and what doesn't.
ehhh not really, it's not hard to know what goes and what doesn't go through

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fucking hell, Valve improved the anti-bot tech for the market, now I need to add error handling to wait and retry requests when they get denied
4mC962j.gif

inkls

I mean, last blog post was exactly a week ago so we'll probably have at least:

-Something about the short film contest (I'm imagining the dota equivalent of the saxxy awards) which probably means valve will finally provide models of dota heroes for sfm without having to port them manually. Probably means particles will also work so stuff like Kunkka's boat won't be a pain to put in sfm.

-Some update to the compendium.

"Are we likely to get the immortals today or tomorrow (this week)?"

*Shakes Magic 8 Ball*

"Signs point to yes"

Acinixys

If its going to take them 2+ weeks to get the 2nd Immortal chest out I weep for chest #3

They should have realized the goal would have been reached very quickly. Valve should have a motto

"WE NEVER LEARN FROM OUR PAST MISTAKES, THANKS TO THE POWER OF VALVE TIME TM"

anuxi_mirana.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom