• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had an idea for a new game mode, its captains mode except the middle two picks are randoms
horse.gif

Acinixys

or or or maybe they're just delaying them on purpose to make more cash
you know

Valve is a multi multi million $ company

I think a few hundred thousand extra from sweaty hat barons doesn't concern them

I like to think that their internal quality control is super high and Lord Gaben has to OK everything made by the company

inkls

or or or maybe they're just delaying them on purpose to make more cash
you know

Last year its the release of the immortals that created a spike in the amount of money donated. Money raised per day doesn't go up because you didn't release a product, it goes up when its available.

>We need wards.
>We need wards.
>We need wards.
>We need wards.
>We need wards.
>We need wards.
>Good game
>Drop your stick.
>Drop your stick.
>Drop your stick.
Last year its the release of the immortals that created a spike in the amount of money donated. Money raised per day doesn't go up because you didn't release a product, it goes up when its available.
Well if you release 10 arcanas on the same day or one arcana per month for 10 months, in which case do you make more money ?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No respectable Pugna will leave a ward in plain vision for people to attack, and if they do, it probably can't be reached anyway. The range is huge.

Hupsel

Support is sooo hard most difficult role imo. You have to: buy wards, buy sentries, buy courier, buy dust, buy smoke, deny creeps, support lane, steal runes, roam around, go back to support your carry in time so he doesnt die, buy tps to help carry being ganked, upgrade courier, have the HP of a fucking moskito the entire game, have the entire map memorized so you know the best places to gank, have gold to buy everything listed above, stack camps for another player to just get there and kill then with one hand while they hold a cup of wine with the other, cast spells on your enemies and sometimes on your own allies instead of carries that just click click click red names, walk around with 330MS cause you can only afford brown boots so you are slower than inkls pc, die to techies and one bomb explosion, read ">We need wards" for 10 minutes straight even tough its on cooldown... and sometimes carry cause your Drow/PA sucks.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Support is sooo hard most difficult role imo. You have to: buy wards, buy sentries, buy courier, buy dust, buy smoke, deny creeps, support lane, steal runes, roam around, go back to support your carry in time so he doesnt die, buy tps to help carry being ganked, upgrade courier, have the HP of a fucking moskito the entire game, have the entire map memorized so you know the best places to gank, have gold to buy everything listed above, stack camps for another player to just get there and kill then with one hand while they hold a cup of wine with the other, cast spells on your enemies and sometimes on your own allies instead of carries that just click click click red names, walk around with 330MS cause you can only afford brown boots so you are slower than inkls pc, die to techies and one bomb explosion, read ">We need wards" for 10 minutes straight even tough its on cooldown... and sometimes carry cause your Drow/PA sucks.

I_see_no_lies_no_lies_detected_boom.gif

tbh the support life is hard work. i'm not surprised that people such as stovewinwood always reroll if they random a hard support.

Gif Immortals plsss

Pure poetry. Supporting is fun though. Much fun than being carry.

Quesa

Supporting is definitely hard. I was actually so frustrated by my performance playing support that I switched to offlaning most of my games and saw a notable increase in winrate, as well as an increase in fun had.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Supporting is a thinking game. If you're not good at making the ideas go together, you're going to have a rough time.

Execution wise, though, mid is definitely the hardest.

kvk1

duoing with another support who knows what they're doing is the most fun i have in this game

you just walk around the map F'ing people's S up

Chris R

Support is fun when the carry knows how to play. I hate my life when a carry has ZERO farm and is pushing the lane and dying :(

Hupsel

duoing with another support who knows what they're doing is the most fun i have in this game

you just walk around the map F'ing people's S up

Im 30 so I have no coordination and forget the map layout every time I re-enter Dota so I guess im not a good partner
cry.gif

DrPizza

Banned
isn't that supposed to be part of his weaknesses? Thats like having disruptor's abilities all be unaffected by bkb.

Yes, but it's a weakness that's so severe that it seems to make him basically worthless.

Although his Aghs is now semi-useful, the new formula for refresher also hurts him.

Support is fun when the carry knows how to play. I hate my life when a carry has ZERO farm and is pushing the lane and dying :(

Seriously. I hate having to teach my carry that he should be trying for last hits.

immortals today, I can feel it in my bones

tears.gif
i just want to win a game but idk how to play

Play Omni, positioning is key playing any support, he is a great hero to learn just that since he can provide with great sustainability for his teammates and himself which allows for mistakes without falling behind. I usually go Guardian greaves>>solar crest on him nowadays, pretty straightforward and effective build that works in most situations.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yes, but it's a weakness that's so severe that it seems to make him basically worthless.

Although his Aghs is now semi-useful, the new formula for refresher also hurts him.

i agrih, none of the new items are good for him tbh (except the +5 int on atos) and the changes to the old ones are mixed at best.

tbh my best success with OD is when you're facing an agi or str-heavy lineup and they all forget to buy bkbs.

but again, the meta is extremely poor for him in this patch. lots of int heroes on the map = his ult does no damage, early game heavy = he has no time to get int items and he is an extremely slow farmer. i thought it might be a good patch for him because it favoured int mids, but it favours int EVERYTHING and lots of early teamfights, which is not really what OD wants to do.

J2d

I hate myself for doing these ten hero challenges, so many new heroes to me and for what? One and a half level, it's like a dollar for 20 hours of gaming, it's not like I go around in my real living punishing myself for nickels =/

Off to learn Tinker I go..

shira

NA/EU hub news

We are happy to announce that Beyondthesummit, joinDOTA, The GD Studio & their friends will be teaming up to form a coverage hub of awesomeness dedicated to the upcoming TI5 qualifiers. The qualifiers are set to take place between May 25th - June 1st and so will our awesome coverage.

Cool story bro, but what does this actually mean?
With the support of Twitch and in partnership with PGL and their studios located in Bucharest, we were able to bring under the same roof a multitude of Dota 2 personalities ranging from casters, analysts, hosts, observers, pro players and others. By the way, when we say “multitude”, we actually mean a LOT of people...35 to be exact! Three casting streams will be complemented by a lounge stream, following a hectic schedule with games running 24/7 during 8 straight days (yes, literally). Here is the full talent list:

Casters/Analysts/Hosts:
Ayesee @ayesee
Basskip @Basskip
Blitz @Blitz_DotA
Capitalist @DotACapitalist
Draskyl @Draskyl
Durka @durkadota
Godz @BTSGoDz
H4nni @KaiH4nn1
Kotlguy @KotLguy
Kpoptosis @kptdota
LD @LDdota