• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

couldn't care less about joindota kidz and bts ppl that aren't called merloobi or david but GD BOYS AND SUJOY YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

That's what SyndereN is for. Sunsfan and Synderen pretty much banter back and forth whenever there's time to kill. Most casters would try to just analyze the situation but honestly, sometimes I just prefer some goofing around and that's exactly what this pair provides.

ViviOggi

Someone is going to murder Tobi this time. He's going to dump ice water on someone - and someone is going to legit kick the shit out of him on strim

can't wait
ZPVQOOz.gif

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Sounds good, I hope they can get some more pros to turn up as they were what made it special last year.

W1SSY

Looking at that list it made me realize I hate almost all the JoinDota guys. The only one I like is Blitz and the rest I just don't like listening to.

Also Sunsfan + Synderen best cast if you want nothing about dota and everything about sodas. Also really dumb questions that Synderen can make fun of Sunsfan about.

Kotlguy is a better Zyori so he gets a pass in my book.

Sounds good, I hope they can get some more pros to turn up as they were what made it special last year.
The problem is that Secret, Cloud9 and a couple of other teams are going to China for MDL during the qualifiers.

Then most of the other pros are in the TI5 qualifiers themselves so obviously you can't get any of them as well.
Matt where's my emoticon update this is important

we're being defeated by firefox trash
SoonTM

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
New Chrome icons probably coming with Immortal Treasures II.

Sanjay

I don't know. As far as I'm concerned she's a good competitive pick, so she's not super high on the list of heroes that need major changes.

Personally, the only hero that I'd want some changes on would be Lone Druid. Pretty much all of his abilities are stat bonuses and that limits his skill ceiling. I wouldn't be against changes akin to bloodseeker.

I feel he has such an odd design. You'd think a hero that can have 12 slots would be good lategame, but when you get there the bear falls off, which in my opinion is due to:

1) The bear's damage type is "normal" as opposed to "hero" so he does 75% dmg to heroes instead of 100% without applying reductions. The only tradeoff is that he does +20% more damage to towers compared to heroes (he does 70% instead of 50%, and 98% with demolish).

2) So many bugged interactions like most of brew's abilities lasting extra long on him and cyclone considering the bear a creep so it lasts 20 seconds on it...

3) Entangle is really not reliable since its pure rng and its not a good disable lategame

4) Bear does not benefit from stats so its easier for it to dropoff.

It takes too long for the bear and druid to get 12 slotted and by that times he's outcarried by a carry with 6 items.

Also on my list of grievances:

-The bear can't consume Moonshard...

-Bear gives 300 gold at all levels which is insane considering first blood on a level 1 hero gives 409 gold and a normal kill on a hero without a spree gives 209 gold and to get the equivalent bounty from the bear on a hero (assuming the hero has no spree) the hero needs to be level 22. Seriously?

-Bear doesn't benefit from stats so alot of items suck on him. Stuff you normally get on the bear like Basher don't give him the +10 str and with normal damage the +25 dmg turns into a 18.75 dmg on heroes before applying armor. The bear's scaling ends when its level 4. No stats gains apart from what he gets from LD's abilities. Not asking for him to directly get the stats from items, but at least make it so either the bear gets bonus stuff based on the Druid's stats so 12 slotted isn't that bad or make it so that the druid gets the stats from attributes which the bear doesn't get. Like him getting the +10 str from basher which the bear doesn't get. Heck, if its too strong, make it part of the aghs upgrade.

tl;dr MAKE LD BETTER. In my top 3 favourite hero and reddit should complain about him and his winrate in pubs (bottom 4 winrates) instead of terrorblade.

How good would you say LD is mid right now?

Is Dotapit actually ever going to continue? I mean it started 4 months ago, wonder if it'll finish before TI....

Insane a 200k+ tournament can be so badly organised or...just not organised

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
God I hope so. This is supposed to be my refuge from Twitch chat. If this keeps going I might have to go to r/Dota2, and I don't want to go to r/Dota2.
cBj1LTf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom