• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
i replaced my gf with doto
It's okay I'm sure you can get a new seasonal waifu soon
song_siren.gif

TUSR

Banned
TI5 GAF Attendee List

Going to keep it private.

PM me if you want to be added, and ill send you a link to the spreadsheet.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, I have ditched the itemID column since no one else cared about it, and added a column that shows if an item drops or not. You can see it here:
http://dotahatstats.com/items.php?IDNum=52

Green Check is an item that drops directly. Yellow Check is an item you can get from another drop (Ether the set drops, or the chest it comes from drops). Red X is the item doesn't drop at all. Column is sortable, and also has a bit of hover text.

Fun fact, Valve took all wards, couriers, and announcers out of the drop pool.

Any other features you guys think would be nice?

Chris R

NAR has Group A on lock.

Might be a tie breaker between Wheel and VB...

Ok, I have ditched the itemID column since no one else cared about it, and added a column that shows if an item drops or not. You can see it here:
http://dotahatstats.com/items.php?IDNum=52

Green Check is an item that drops directly. Yellow Check is an item you can get from another drop (Ether the set drops, or the chest it comes from drops). Red X is the item doesn't drop at all. Column is sortable, and also has a bit of hover text.

Fun fact, Valve took all wards, couriers, and announcers out of the drop pool.

Any other features you guys think would be nice?

An option at the top of the page to filter the results would be nice. Should be really easy to add too (using javascript/jquery/ect)

Trickster

So used to playing with friends who are better than be. Playing solo is kinda depressing, these people... is this really my level? ;_;

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
too nice for my dota sanity. added in a pretty chill guy into a stack with my irl friends and over the past few weeks (we met him in a match) he's revealed himself to be that guy who obviously has studied a little too much of dota 2 and is constantly directing other people giving out advice and "helpful hints". I'm having trouble describing his behaviors but it's incredibly grating and 2 of my friends are flat out refusing to play over skype if he's in the call now. Thing is no one wants to tell him off so we keep playing with him and now I just spent a +40 minute techies match with him constantly telling me where to place my mines. dude never rages/insults anyone, he always means well but man enough is enough, I gotta save my stack before they go back to league out of annoyance.
/rant

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So used to playing with friends who are better than be. Playing solo is kinda depressing, these people... is this really my level? ;_;

your solo hidden mmr is different from your party. if you're constantly playing with better people and improving then you should see sharp increases in your solo games for a bit.

too nice for my dota sanity. added in a pretty chill guy into a stack with my irl friends and over the past few weeks (we met him in a match) he's revealed himself to be that guy who obviously has studied a little too much of dota 2 and is constantly directing other people giving out advice and "helpful hints". I'm having trouble describing his behaviors but it's incredibly grating and 2 of my friends are flat out refusing to play over skype if he's in the call now. Thing is no one wants to tell him off so we keep playing with him and now I just spent a +40 minute techies match with him constantly telling me where to place my mines. dude never rages/insults anyone, he always means well but man enough is enough, I gotta save my stack before they go back to league out of annoyance.
/rant

You can unfriend him.
dac15_fantastic.gif

BUY PRETTY GIRLS BY KNEE AND IGGY ON ITUNES TODAY
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif
ashot_sven.gif

Ewwww

Madouu

How about you just tell him to stop directing you in games, I don't know, it seems like the most mature and normal thing to do? If he doesn't want to or doesn't react well to it then you can unfriend him. Maybe he just doesn't realize how annoying he is to you guys. It doesn't actually take that much effort, just open up a private steam conversation with him and tell him what's up.

Hylian7

/rant

Heh, yeah, I would definitely talk to him. Maybe not in the middle of a game, but probably after a play session one night about it.

This reminds me of a game I just had.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1502056051

Now, I know I have had a reputation of rage around here, and honestly I feel like I've come a long way on improving on that, and have not raged in a teammate in a very long time. However even back when I did rage at teammates, I never pulled shenanigans like the Naga did on my team. WR nuked some creep waves where Naga was and Naga says "You want this farm purple?! Huh?! Here, fucking take it." and drops all his items in the lane and stands there. He does this and a teamfight goes on in another lane, he grabs his stuff and goes back to base.

Then near the end of the game, most of us just respawned, I TP top to defend, raze the waves and get my souls back. Leshrac is there, but I decide it's best to ignore him for a few reasons:

A. We can't see a lot of their team, namely SB.
B. I need the souls to get a good ulti off on him anyway.

Naga had TP'd in right behind me, but then yells at me for scaring him off because she was going to net him. Keep in mind Lesh had a Euls, so I diddn't think it was likely we would get the kill, and even if we did, it probably wouldn't be scot free, most likely with both of us dying. He yells at me and calls me "fucking trash", then says the following in all chat:

9wBIcc2.png

cXVlaxJ.png

He doesn't help in the last teamfight, and in fact comes late to it with song to sabotage it, then stands there doing nothing and lets them kill him.

I know it was a rough game, but we could have won if we had the cooperation of this guy. That shit gets real frustrating. I tried to tell him that raging at teammates isn't helping, but he refused to listen. Game is hard.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
How about you just tell him to stop directing you in games, I don't know, it seems like the most mature and normal thing to do? If he doesn't want to or doesn't react well to it then you can unfriend him. Maybe he just doesn't realize how annoying he is to you guys. It doesn't actually take that much effort, just open up a private steam conversation with him and tell him what's up.

Nah I get it, I'd be thinking the same if it wasn't my post. It's a /rant for reason and I plan on approaching him in a more logical and direct manner when we're both online.

TUSR

Banned
Nah I get it, I'd be thinking the same if it wasn't my post. It's a /rant for reason and I plan on approaching him in a more logical and direct manner when we're both online. I'm glad you guys are here for me and support me through my Dota troubles.

tell him to fuck offffffff

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know, while the bracket group stages are likely more fair, it a bit boring basically knowing who already won after Day 1, and I think its effecting the teams knowing they have like zero chance of getting into the next stage.

Hylian7

I never realized just how hard Silver Edge fucks Faceless Void over. Like holy shit it's ridiculous how much of a mockery it makes of that hero.

TUSR

Banned
ive been building deso on WR recently

and i cant figure out if its worth it as a stop gap before or after blink for damage

Artanisix

Deso is so freakin' cheap now. Someone should crank out some graphs and compare avg damage between maelstrom/deso. I'm pretty sure MKB is the king for WR though, but it's 2k gold more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom