• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
IMO the best thing about Deso is its ability to melt towers. I feel like if you are anticpating trouble going high ground, Deso+MKB is a good pick up. Other than that mael does drop off a bit if anyone builds magic resistance. Or just more HP.

deso is pretty good in this meta

in pubs people are more willing to push harder than 6.83

the reduced cost just makes it so desirable

JC Sera

Question, do you think its really necessary for Jakiro's liquid fire to be a UAM?
It seems unnecessary to me, personally, because how would stacking it with anyother UAM make it OP?

Acinixys

Question, do you think its really necessary for Jakiro's liquid fire to be a UAM?
It seems unnecessary to me, personally, because how would stacking it with anyother UAM make it OP?

Its a holdover from WC3 Dota

No one cares that its a UAM cause no one buys shit on Jakiro that would affect that

Eleuin

I have not seen Avengers: Age of Ultron, Mad Max, Pitch Perfect 2 or any highly praised movies yet since everyone I know goes without me and I would much rather live with the shame of being that guy who is not invited to go out than be the guy who goes to movie theatres alone.

I'm sure everyone is thinking about you rather than the movie

JC Sera

Its a holdover from WC3 Dota

No one cares that its a UAM cause no one buys shit on Jakiro that would affect that
Deso Jakiro though
horse.gif

Kade

I finally completed my Deny 1 Tower challenge. Every time I ended up fulfilling the requirements, I lost the game so it didn't count but I finally did it. I can move on.

G.ZZZ

Meh, have you honestly seen people make fun of someone coming in alone? I honestly never notice it and wouldn't care, I'm sure almost nobody gives a shit.

Ditto, i live with my parents at 28, go often to movies alone because of the shits i watch, Shugganas approved life
smile.gif

Ah i forgot, i also get completely naked in the gym changing room and i don't give a shit.

America's way of life

EDIT: also this is really interesting: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1412.1879v1.pdf

Quesa

quick LoL question: how much of an emphasis on split pushers/pushers in general would you say that game has, compared to dota? Are there viable push strats like picking lycan/BM/Nature's/Death Prophet?

I remember when I enjoyed this thread.
wait
This thread is never good; only occasionally endearing.

Chris R

GG

Think NAR has a chance against the winner of the LB, but if they do it won't matter since they have nothing to stop CoL it seems.

Hylian7

I miss when doom was a good hero. Double doom is still my favorite late game combo to pull off

Maybe if they weren't boring as fuck.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. Go play Nocturne. The games are anything but boring, have a much better storyline, more varied gameplay, settings, the whole nine yards. The character designs are also typically not "waifu" characters either. I mean does this look like a "waifu" character to you?

inkls

quick LoL question: how much of an emphasis on split pushers/pushers in general would you say that game has, compared to dota? Are there viable push strats like picking lycan/BM/Nature's/Death Prophet?

This thread is never good; only occasionally endearing.

Last times I checked (~6 months ago). Having a single champion split pushing in a pro game blew people's mind.

Anything can be a waifu if you just believe hard enough

Mitsuru = Yukari > everyone else

On-topic: Hilarious to see the hard carry of the winning team being 4th in net worth on his own team.

Go play real SMT games.

Spoilers for SMTIV:
She's actually Lucifer.
Why do you assume I haven't? I've played SMTIV, still need to finish my neutral path playthrough. Not sure why you're pretending like they're objectively better than the Persona games though, characters are often times stronger and more developed in the Persona series than they are in mainline SMT games, where other things take precedent. I'm personally a big fan of strong characters, though I think the story and characters in P3 were way better than they are in P4, which is overrated imo.

Hylian7

Why do you assume I haven't? I've played SMTIV, still need to finish my neutral path playthrough. Not sure why you're pretending like they're objectively better than the Persona games though, characters are often times stronger and more developed in the Persona series than they are in mainline SMT games, where other things take precedent. I'm personally a big fan of strong characters, though I think the story and characters in P3 were way better than they are in P4, which is overrated imo.

Totally agree on P3 being better than P4, but the thing is that the Persona games have basically shifted Atlus's priorities away from the real SMT games. I mean this has gone too far as Atlus is producing A FUCKING DANCING GAME based on Persona 4. I was okay with a fighting game, and I even think it would be a neat idea to have a mainline SMT fighting game sort of like Marvel vs Capcom, where you would pick a summoner and a demon and could switch between the two in battle, but have to defeat both of the other players.

The mainline SMT games have always been king though. The characters in those games usually are pretty strong (although in SMT4 they did leave a bit to be desired I admit, but honestly the word was it's own character in SMT4), but really the atmosphere of them really does it particularly well. If you haven't already, I highly recommend you play Nocturne. Easily the best SMT game, and one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

I have been playing Devil Survivor 2 lately, and while I'm not crazy about the characters in the Devil Survivor games, I think the gameplay is great, and the atmosphere is too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom