• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

What's the basis for the rumoured ones? I assume it's not just a list of heroes that someone just came up with up absolutely nothing?

BCz9Uvn.jpg

Real or fake?

good lord golden shark boat

Clutched out a 3v5 ranked win. Our solo offlaner never could load his hero into the game and tried for 5 minutes before giving up, well after first blood. We tried to talk him into abandoning before first blood but he wanted to keep trying. He eventually gets the abandon but the game is going to count anyway.

Well after another minute or so our mid Huskar abandoned around 6 minutes. I can't blame him for leaving; he lost the lane to Invoker by deciding to leap on an Exort Invoker under his tower with cold snap and forged spirits online. But this leaves me (Luna) and my 2 supports (Dazzle) and (Ogre) to face the inevitable. We entertained quitting because...well obviously. Rarely do I give up but I was ready to queue and hope for a better game. We were up against Invoker, Slark, Sky, Weaver and QoP (that's 4 cores vs 1 and 2 supports for those keeping count).

Down 15K XP and who knows how much gold at ~25 minutes and being split push chipped to death defending base, we took and won a couple of fights (better called skirmishes than full on 5v3 engages), got some levels and some gold and just sort of hung on. They were so committed to pushing they forgot they could sit back and farm up some sieging items.

Well eventually we killed 2 or 3, took aegis and decided we had to push down mid as 3 and try to break the base and end the game. QoP was pushing one of our T3 towers and we just ignored her. Not like we were going to win a protracted game 3v5. Got some more pickoffs, burned aegis and died...bought back and BoT'd back in, wiped and ended.

42 minutes of 3v5 in a match we probably shouldn't have won if it had been a full 5v5.

Never give up, boys. Never, ever give up. Make the mothafuckas earn it every time.

(says match didn't count; it counted.)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like how Undying has no core items, you litterally just build what ever you think is best for the game. If feel you are sort of stuck with a single skill build though, I can't think of a situation you don't want make tombstone. Maybe you really want the level 2 heal early?

Also, it looks like Pudge is going to take his rightful place as #1 most picked hero soon, he is really close to sniper in 6.84.

I would consider guardian greaves core on undying. It's a great item for early fights and dives (still a mek at that point). It also keeps undying's mana up, it gives him a bigger mana pool to spam more spells in the span of a single fight, and helps him survive while they beat on you while your zombies beat on them.

kionedrik

I may be overthinking this but the Zeus taunt seems to be a way of Valve showing everyone that wanted a Zeus remodel the middle finger.

Basically they are acknowledging that he is Mario and you can either deal with it or shut up.

I may be overthinking this but the Zeus taunt seems to be a way of Valve showing everyone that wanted a Zeus remodel the middle finger.

Basically they are acknowledging that he is Mario and you can either deal with it or shut up.
I think they might give him a bit of a texture upgrade but not a remodel.

Out of the ones that 'need one the most' (Zeus, Slardar, Mirana, Viper) I can only really see Viper getting a whole new look.

kionedrik

I think they might give him a bit of a texture upgrade but not a remodel.

Out of the ones that 'need one the most' (Zeus, Slardar, Mirana, Viper) I can only really see Viper getting a whole new look.

There's a lot of models that need some touch up and you named the ones that are more commonly brought up but I think guys like Undying, Tide, Jakiro and Enigma also need some love.

I doubt they'll touch any of the girls.

I'm looking at stuff they might nerf with Undying and that deathlust buff of the zombies seems a bit ridiculous. 400 health threshold at level 4 tombstone? That's half health or even more for most heroes.

Edit:wrote Bloodlust, meant deathlust, the buff zombies get when your life drops below the threshold.

mvtn

That Compendium doesn't look that shabby, really loving the new Black Hole.

Besides all of this - I haven't played the game in few months, would you please tell me what are the biggest changes besides those new items in a nutshell?

DarkKyo

That Compendium doesn't look that shabby, really loving the new Black Hole.

Besides all of this - I haven't played the game in few months, would you please tell me what are the biggest changes besides those new items in a nutshell?

Hmm, I don't know.. A lot of Aghanim's upgrades are new/altered. Probably one of the bigger changes.

Ultrabum

Hmmm so it's not designed to scale well? I'm looking at driving DotA on a 4k panel and considering my options.

I think it's possible, and I'm sure you can do something to make the cursor bigger, but I didn't want to put forth the effort for simply super-sampling. If you have a 4K display it might be worth it.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
more and more people are coming around to the view that 6.84 is trash

my power & influence

soon icefraud will have no choice but to make changes

Haunted

People don't want a redesign, they want updated textures and a breakdown of the model for better Workshop item support.

more and more people are coming around to the view that 6.84 is trash

my power & influence

soon icefraud will have no choice but to make changes
Keep fighting the good fight! Bugs aside, general consensus is that 6.84 is the best patch in a long time... and I agree. :D We might get some minor tweaks in 6.84a and b soon enough, but I think the general feeling of the current meta will stay until after TI5.

Early teamfights, lots of ganks, comeback potential through big teamfights and new items, less so through extended jungle farming into the lategame (except for Alchemist, oh my).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom