• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does sleight not crit, or apply skadi? Or is the typical ember build 2x bfury before anything else?

It does both, but a crit is no match for the exponential damage growth of overlapping cleaves.

Skadi is a fringe pickup for a skirmishing Ember.

It's really telling about the state of certain heroes in the meta that Chen and Io are starting to actually make it into games without being banned.

As much as I love Team Secret's roster, how come they were invited to TI5 without having any tournament games under their belt (or do they and I'm just reading the Liquid wiki wrong)?

Edit: derp forgetting what TI # it is

aeolist

Banned
As much as I love Team Secret's roster, how come they were invited to TI4 without having any tournament games under their belt (or do they and I'm just reading the Liquid wiki wrong)?

they won red bull and summit 3

edit: and 3rd place at DAC is incredible on its own

KingKong

that was after invite I think?

As much as I love Team Secret's roster, how come they were invited to TI4 without having any tournament games under their belt (or do they and I'm just reading the Liquid wiki wrong)?

you mean wins or games. they came in third at DAC. really it comes down to if you go by results only one or two teams 'deserve' invites, and they were definitely more deserving than VP or Malaysa or LGD

edit: and 3rd place at DAC is incredible on its own

that was after invite I think?

you mean wins or games. they came in third at DAC. really it comes down to if you go by results only one or two teams 'deserve' invites, and they were definitely more deserving than VP or Malaysa or LGD

Ah okay I'm just reading the wiki site wrong, I assumed the winner of said tournies were under the "Result" column

Huge meta shift I guess

When teams first pick Leshrac, first ban Undying and let Wisp though it means progress is being made in terms of hero and game balance

IMO

Yeah this is kinda what I was implying. I feel like for a long time Io and Chen were first bans because they can just do so much. But when you get someone like Undying banned first when TI4 he was picked only 8 times in the entire tournament, it just indicates a big shift.

METAL PACK IS OUT
http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/11356
devil.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I assume you mean TI5 and not TI4.

Secret has multiple International champions and International level players on its roster as well as a good performance in other major tournaments leading up to TI5. Many of the old great teams, on the other hand, underperformed during and after TI4, so in a way Secret is basically "new" blood coming in to replace the old. It also showed a high amount of stability after the post-TI shakeup relative to other teams (ironic, given its origins).

It may not be an established brand like Na'vi, but as we've seen, brand means very little overall. The invites ultimately went to teams who consistently performed in the last year, and Secret was one of them.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I didn't like Alliance's draft in game 2 at all. Loda loves his CK for some reason and it would have been alright in that game if not for the Ember, but drafting a do-nothing hero like Dark Seer for the Dong is unforgivable. You're basically gimping your best player and trying to win 4v5 at that point.

It does both, but a crit is no match for the exponential damage growth of overlapping cleaves.

Skadi is a fringe pickup for a skirmishing Ember.

skadi helps chasing after fights too imo, and helps your team in fights because enemy team is slowed
imo 6 slotted ember should be 2 bf crit rapier bots and another item, either rapier crit or skadi (edit : or manta)

KingKong

it hasnt been proven but I'm sure having a nice skin increases your performance. That shark skin for the scout will be mine one day (
when I decide I want to spend 30 bucks on a scout skin
)

I didn't like Alliance's draft in game 2 at all. Loda loves his CK for some reason and it would have been alright in that game if not for the Ember, but drafting a do-nothing hero like Dark Seer for the Dong is unforgivable. You're basically gimping your best player and trying to win 4v5 at that point.

A do nothing hero? Have you seen just how Zai can shake entire teams single handily by playing dark seer. BTW did bulldong even build Blink on him, didnt checked his build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom